No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- FERRER 6-2 6-3 7-6 – GAME SET MATCH! Sijsling saves four match points and squanders four of his own, one with a double fault. Ferrer earns a fifth with a pass that Sijsling leaves and eventually closes out the match as the Dutchman nets. Men's draw
- FERRER 6-2 6-3 6-6 – TIE BREAK! Ferrer loses the opening point but out rallies his opponent to hold to 15 with a forehand crosscourt winner.
- FERRER 6-2 6-3 5-6 – Ferrer nets to give Sijsling game point and he holds with a big serve up the tee. Pressure back on Ferrer.
- FERRER 6-2 6-3 5-5 – Ferrer holds to 15 with a forehand that catches the line.
- FERRER 6-2 6-3 4-5 – A love hold sees Sijsling move to within a game of the set.
- FERRER 6-2 6-3 3-3 – Ferrer covers tremendous ground to force three break points but the Dutchman hangs tough and wins a 21 shot rally to pull back to deuce. The game sees two more deuces but Sijsling holds on.
- FERRER 6-2 6-3 3-2 – Sijsling hits long as Ferrer regroups to hold to love.
- FERRER 6-2 6-3 2-2 – BREAK! Ferrer misses an easy volley to hand back the break and just stops himself from smashing a ball into the crowd.
- FERRER 6-2 6-3 2-1 – BREAK! Ferrer wins the opening point but nets a mid court ball with the court at his mercy. The Spaniard hits wide but a Sijsling mishit takes the game to deuce and a mid court pass gives Ferrer the early break. Trouble for Sijsling now.
- FERRER 6-2 6-3 1-1 – A lovely drop volley draws the Dutchman level at 30-30 but he slices wide as Ferrer eventually holds.
- FERRER 6-2 6-3 0-1 – Sijsling holds to 15 with an ace.
- FERRER 6-2 6-3 – SET! Sijsling puts some pressure on Ferrer with a net drop shot to move 15-30 up but a cracking forehand pass gives the Spaniard a two set lead.
- FERRER 6-2 5-3 – Ferrer takes the Dutchman to deuce again but Sijsling holds with a big serve.
- FERRER 6-2 5-2 – Some smart net play gets Ferrer to 30-15 and he holds to move to within a game of the set with a big serve.
- FERRER 6-2 4-2 – Ferrer brings up a break point with another forehand winner but Sijsling holds on as the Spaniard hits wide.
- FERRER 6-2 4-1 – Ferrer holds to 15 to close in on a two set lead.
- FERRER 6-2 3-1 – Sijsling has no answer to Ferrer’s thunderous forehand on the opening point but the Spaniard throws in a couple of unforced errors and the Dutchman holds with a neat volley.
- FERRER 6-2 3-0 – The Spaniard races to 40-0 and Sijsling hits long as he holds to love.
- FERRER 6-2 2-0 – BREAK! Sijsling again in trouble on serve as he nets to concede two break points. He hits long and Ferrer has the immediate break. Ominous signs.
- FERRER 6-2 1-0 – A comfortable hold to 15 to start the set for the fourth seed.
- FERRER 6-2 – SET! Ferrer gains three set points and although the Dutch saves the first, he pummels a forehand to take the set.
- FERRER 5-2 – The fourth seed closes out a comfortable hold to 15 to move to within a game of the set.
- FERRER 2-1 – Ferrer slips 0-40 behind on serve to concede three break points. He saves the first with an ace and rallies to save the second. Sijsling then hits long to squander his third chance and Ferrer holds with an ace.
|Date of Birth||18/08/1987|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|