No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - RAONIC 6-3 6-0 7-6(3) - GAME, SET & MATCH - Brutal serving once again from Raonic as he recovers just in time to complete the match in straight sets. Blake barely got a look in in that breaker and the Canadian is through to face Murray in the fourth round on Monday
- - RAONIC 6-3 6-0 4-4 - BREAK - Just a second double fault from Raonic hands Blake two break back points. The first is saved by the Canadian with an ace down the centre of the court. But on the second Blake works his way into the net, buries a backhand volley deep across court and forces the stretched backhand well wide across court from Raonic. We are back on serve in this set
- - RAONIC 6-3 6-0 3-2 - BREAK - Blake had been beginning to show a bit of resistance but Raonic almost imperceptibly upped his level in that last game, battering his returns and providing some impressive defence to out-work Blake on the baseline. And he grabs the break
- - RAONIC 6-3 6-0 - SET! And painful viewing it is too for the home crowd. James Blake just cannot get close to Raonic. Thoughts already turning to Murray v Raonic as a possible last 16 match-up - it could be a huge task for the world number four.
- - RAONIC 6-3 5-0 - Blake wins just his second point on serve - but by this point the Canadian is 0-40 to the good. Blake wins another, and then a third, getting Raonic on the run. Blake targets the backhand, which appears to be Raonic's weakest point at present, and sure enough, Raonic spurns break point four on a backhand pass., and then a fifth. But at the sixth attempt, the Canadian strikes again.
- - RAONIC 6-3 3-0 - BREAK! If Blake had half a chance of salvaging the second set, it's surely gone now. Everything clicking for Raonic, who possesses an impressive forehand and is deploying it to good effect.
- - RAONIC 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! Oh dear. Four points in a row for the Canadian to start the set, but against the serve and with Raonic on this form, that could be the set. 72% of his first services in so far - if he maintains that level, that's the match. Simple.
- - RAONIC 6-3 - SET! One break of serve proves enough for Raonic - and when he's hit 12 aces in a single set it's not hard to see why. Predictably, that's how he wraps the first set up. Two sets away now from a mouth-watering clash with Andy Murray,
- - RAONIC 4-2 - BREAK! The first of the match, though both men have had their chances so far. Blake saved a couple in game two - Raonic had to do the same a couple of games later. But in the end the power hitting of the Canadian is the first to bear fruit. Cracking atmosphere on court - with an American taking on a Canadian there's a hint of Davis Cup to this match.
- - RAONIC 1-0 - Raonic opens up with a service game, does so in style. An ace timed at 142mph suggests he's nicely warmed up. Hold to love. Raonic's serve so good when it's working - it's all about how Blake can cope with the pressure that puts on him.
- - Just one head-to-head meeting between these two - Raonic winning that one in straight sets at the SAP Open back in 2011.
- - About to start on the Grandstand court, Blake v Raonic. Winner gets to face a (presumably) very tired Andy Murray in the last 16.
|Date of Birth||28/12/1979|
|Date of Birth||27/12/1990|