No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 5-7 6-4 6-4 - Game Set & Match Almagro. The Spaniard takes it after an epic tussle with Petzschner. He brings up three match points and drops the ground in relief when Petzschner sends his effort long.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 5-7 6-4 5-4 - Petzschner holds well, but now this is the moment of truth for Almagro. He's serving for the match.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 5-7 6-4 5-3 - Almagro holds. He is one game away from victory now. Huge pressure on Petzschner.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 5-7 6-4 4-3 - BREAK! How decisive could this be? Almagro finally breaks after another epic game on Grandstand. Almagro's problem has been not being able to hang onto his breaks, can he do it this time?
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 5-7 6-4 2-3 - Every game seems to be a pivotal one at the moment as Petzschner eventually holds under pressure from Almagro.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 5-7 6-4 1-1 - BREAK! Petzschner breaks back immediately, and that's been typical of this match. Almagro has not been able to hold the advantage whenever he's taken it, and Petzschner looks dangerous here.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 5-7 6-4 1-0 - BREAK! Petzschner slams a ball high into the sky as he is broken in the opening game of the fifth set. Almagro is the player with the momentum now.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 5-7 6-4 - SET! The solitary break is enough for Almagro to serve out the set. This one is going the distance.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 5-7 4-3 BREAK! Almagro seizes the advantage on Grandstand with a sensational break of serve! The German was looking weary and Almagro pounces with a couple of excellent forehand winners.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5- 5-7 2-2 - Still on hold but Almagro is being forced to dig deep against this dogged German. Tight fourth set.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 5-7 - SET! Big moment in this match as Petzschner clinches the second set on the Almagro serve.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 5-5 - Both players holding their service games as we get ever closer to a tie break to decide this set.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 3-4 - Petzschner holds with ease.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 3-3 - A good service game for Almagro, who holds to love. A big test of the Petzschner serve coming up here.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 2-3 - A tough old game for Petzschner, who saves break pint to eventually hold. But all that serving in this heat is not what the German needed.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 1-2 - We're still on serve in the third set on Grandstand.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-7 - SET! Petzschner holds and then breaks Almagro to love in the final game of the second set! Petzschner was on a mission after letting his previous opportunity slip. But it matters little, it's one set apiece.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 5-5 - Almagro holds. A huge service game for Petzschner coming up.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 4-5 - BREAK! Almagro breaks back to 15 to put the stoppers on Petzschner's hopes of serving out the second set. He lets out a deafening roar when Petzschner's effort goes long.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 3-5 - Almagro saves set point on his serve and forces Petzschner to serve this out. Petzschner has won 79% of the points on his first serve so this is a big chance for him to wrap up the second set.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 2-5 - But Petzschner's serve is a huge weapon and he seals another dominant service game with an ace.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 2-4 - Almagro holds to stay in touch in the second set.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 1-4 - Petzschner follows his break with a hold to love.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 1-3 - BREAK! Petzschner breaks for the first time! A bad game for Almagro, who fires a ball into the crowd in frustration. He gets away without any further punishment fom the umpire, but Petzschner punishes him with a break of serve.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 1-2 - Petzschner holds despite some pressure on his serve. The German has finally realised he's involved in a match.
- ALMAGRO 1-1 - BREAK! Petzschner breaks back and maybe we do have a match on our hands! The German seals it with a massive forehand winner down the line.
- ALMAGRO 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! Almagro is in the driving seat here. A thumping backhand winner off the Petzschner second serve brings up 15-40, and Almagro seals the break after Petzschner's forehand drifts long. 13 unforced errors for the German,
- ALMAGRO 6-3 - A hold apiece and suddenly Almagro has wrapped up the first set. Almagro serving well and cruising so far.
- ALMAGRO 5-2 - Almagro serves his way to another hold. The Spaniard is winning 77% of the points on his first serve and 78% on his second serve at the moment.
- ALMAGRO 4-2 - That's the best we've seen of Petzschner so far. A couple of big serves, a huge over head and a winning forehand down the line hands him the game to 15.
- ALMAGRO 4-1 - The Spaniard, seeded 11th here this year, has made a confident start. Serving well and dictating the very short rallies we're seeing out there at the moment. He's racing through these games in the heat.
- ALMAGRO 3-1 - Petzschner makes an important hold.
- ALMAGRO 3-0 - The Spaniard has notched up two aces already, clocking a 127mph serve here. Petzschner has started somewhat tentatively here.
- ALMAGRO 2-0 - BREAK! The Spaniard is signalling his early intent with a break of the Petzschner serve. The German just struggling with Almagro's big hitting from the baseline.
- ALMAGRO 1-0 - The sun is beaming down on Grandstand and Almagro is off to a good start against Philipp Petzschner, holding confidently.
|Date of Birth||21/08/1985|
|Date of Birth||24/03/1984|