|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 7-6 - TIPSAREVIC IS THROUGH! The Serb takes the tie-break after a flurry of stunning groundstrokes leaves Sijsling utterly stunned as he wins every single point in the breaker, and he secures his place in the third round of the Paris Masters! He will next take on either Juan Monaco or Grigor Dimitrov in the third round. Drawsheet
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 6-6 - The second set goes to a tie-break as Tipsarevic springs from his chair in determined fashion and proceeds to hold serve to 15, very fired up in the process.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 5-6 - After a seemingly interminable game, Sijsling eventually comes through to hold after an extended deuce with two huge forehand winners leaving Tipsarevic very frustrated. He's under pressure now.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 5-5 - BREAK! Would you believe it? With the match seemingly there for the taking on serve, Tipsarevic wavers and Sijsling breaks straight back to level at 5-5! This second set continues to surprise, and there is nothing between the pair.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 5-4 - BREAK! What a time to break from Tipsarevic, who pounces to take advantage of some sloppy serving from Sijsling, and the Dutchman is twice outfoxed at the net as he comes in to attempt to volley.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 4-4 - Tipsarevic hammers a forehand down the line before moving in court to volley cross court for a commanding position as he holds to 15 to level at 4-4 at the business end of this second set.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 3-4 - Sijsling is very composed as he responds to falling 0-30 down with three big first serves just when he needed them most. He volleys down the line to close out another hold.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 3-3 - Tipsarevic manages to hold under real pressure at 30-30, and he is now looking very steely and determined as he fires a forehand winner down the line and clenches his fist.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 2-3 - Sijsling moves in front once more and, despite a double fault, he manages to come through and hold with Tipsarevic suddenly looking frustrated at not being able to secure a break.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 2-2 - Tipsarevic levels at 2-2 in the second set, and he will not be denied as Sijsling takes the game to 30-30, only for the Serb to come through with two magnificent first serves.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 1-2 - Sijsling is really competing in this second set as he holds very impressively to 30 with three big serves to close the game out. Tipsarevic is having to work very hard for this.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 1-1 - Tipsarevic responds to falling 0-15 down after a brilliant return from Sijsling with two powerful forehand winners down the line as his opponent moves in court, and he holds with relative ease.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 0-1 - Sijsling has to battle extremely hard to come through his service game as he volleys into the net from deuce to squander his advantage tamely, before eventually holding with a forehand down the line.
- - TIPSAREVIC 6-4 - SET! Tipsarevic takes the opening set in 45 minutes as he whips a backhand winner cross court to close it out, after a ferocious forehand down the line had given him set point. The Serb is looking very solid against Sijsling.
- - TIPSAREVIC 5-4 - Sijsling volleys crisply at the net to back up his serve, and he reduces the deficit once more to force Tipsarevic to have to serve out for this opening set.
- - TIPSAREVIC 5-3 - Tipsarevic consolidates his break of serve once more as he moves to within a game of the opening set, and the Serb is managing to keep his opponent at a comfortable distance.
- - TIPSAREVIC 4-3 - Sijsling shows good composure to hold serve under pressure, and he finds a big ace outwide to close out the game from 40-30. Can he now put Tipsarevic under some pressure?
- - TIPSAREVIC 4-2 - Tipsarevic moves further in front as he consolidates his break of serve from 30-30 with two big serves, and he comes through to hold and to extend his advantage. Can Sijsling now respond on serve?
- - TIPSAREVIC 3-2 - BREAK! Tipsarevic breaks in clinical fashion as he flashes a forehand winner down the line and bludgeons a backhand cross court. Sijsling cannot recover from deuce, and he slips behind in this first set.
- - TIPSAREVIC 2-2 - Tipsarevic levels at 2-2 with another comfortable hold, and he slams a forehand cross court to close it out with a real flourish. He can now attack the Sijsling serve.
- - TIPSAREVIC 1-2 - Sijsling looks incredibly confident on serve, and he loses just one point as he holds to move in front once more. He is continuing his fine form from the first round.
- - TIPSAREVIC 1-1 - Tipsarevic holds to level at 1-1 in very comfortable fashion, and he only loses one point as Sijsling fires a forehand winner down the line.
- - TIPSAREVIC 0-1 - Sijsling gets on the board from the outset with a solid hold, and Tipsarevic is unable to put his opponent under pressure from the outset with two wild returns.
- - Over on Court 1, eighth seed Janko Tipsarevic takes on qualifier Igor Sijsling of the Netherlands, who stunned Alexandr Dolgopolov in the first round.
|Date of Birth||18/08/1987|
|Date of Birth||22/06/1984|