|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 6-1 6-3 - FERRER WINS THROUGH! It's a comfortable win for the fourth seed as he loses just four games and secures his place in the third round in 77 minutes. He breaks to take the match with a flurry of stunning groundstrokes. He will next take on Stanislas Wawrinka, with a potential quarter-final meeting with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga on the cards. Drawsheet
- - FERRER 6-1 5-3 - BREAK! Granollers does superbly to dig in and not allow Ferrer to comfortably close out the match on serve, and he breaks after an extended deuce with a scintillating forehand clinching it.
- - FERRER 6-1 5-2 - BREAK! It's one-way traffic now on Central Court as Ferrer breaks for a second successive game and moves to within a service hold of closing out this match! The fourth seed is cruising towards the next round.
- - FERRER 6-1 4-2 - Ferrer swiftly consolidates his break of serve with a convincing hold to 15, and Granollers is looking like a beaten man at the moment. Can he raise his game?
- - FERRER 6-1 3-2 - BREAK! Ferrer again seizes the initiative with a stunning break of serve, and Granollers is left looking stunned in his chair after he sees his serve ripped apart by his countryman. The fourth seed is flying now.
- - FERRER 6-1 2-2 - Ferrer holds with consummate ease as he fires two big first serves down the T and takes the game away from his opponent with a string of brilliant groundstrokes.
- - FERRER 6-1 1-2 - Granollers is undeterred by faulting on his first serve three times as he comes through to hold from 30-30 to remain narrowly ahead in this second set.
- - FERRER 6-1 1-1 - Ferrer clenches his fist in delight as he drives a forehand down the line to close out another service hold, and he takes the game to 15 as he levels at the start of this second set.
- - FERRER 6-1 0-1 - Granollers holds to 15 as he makes a much more confident start to the second set, finally appearing to find some rhythm on his first serve as he hammers three big deliveries to good effect.
- - FERRER 6-1 - SET! After 37 minutes, Ferrer takes the opening set against Granollers, and it turns out to be very comfortable in the end. Granollers is unable to find a resistance at the moment, and Ferrer is cruising.
- - FERRER 5-1 - BREAK! Ferrer breaks for a second successive game as he moves into a commanding 5-1 lead in this opening set, and he's really thriving now as Granollers wilts on serve with little resistance.
- - FERRER 4-1 - Ferrer holds once more from 30-30 with two well-worked rallies, but it's not easy going for the fourth seed, despite the scoreline. He has the break, but every game so far has been tough going.
- - FERRER 3-1 - BREAK! The fourth seed stamps his authority on proceedings with a ruthless break of serve, and he finds two stunning forehand winners to seize the initiative. Ferrer is now thriving, and he opens up a lead.
- - FERRER 2-1 - Another long game sees Ferrer eventually hold after an extended deuce, but it's tough going for both players on serve as they struggle to find any real rhythm.
- - FERRER 1-1 - Another long, drawn out game follows as Granollers this time has to come through from deuce under real pressure, but he does so to hold and level at the start of the opening set.
- - FERRER 1-0 - Granollers puts Ferrer under all sorts of pressure straight up, taking the game to deuce with a fierce forehand winner. But the fourth seed comes through to hold, with a big serve outwide to close it out.
- - Ferrer, the world number five, leads the pair's head-to-head record 4-0 with their most recent meeting at Roland Garros earlier this year.
- - First up on Court Central, fourth seed David Ferrer of Spain takes on compatriot Marcel Granollers. Another home favourite, Richard Gasquet, will be in action against Kevin Anderson of South Africa in the second match on the showpiece court.
|Date of Birth||12/04/1986|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|