|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 6-2 4-6 6-2 - MATCH! - Ferrer finishes with a bang, breaking to love to withstand a difficult Wawrinka fightback and seal a last-eight meeting with Tsonga!
- - FERRER 6-2 4-6 5-2 - Wawrinka comes agonisingly close to getting the break that will claw him back, but Ferrer holds from deuce and is one game away from the quarter-finals.
- - FERRER 6-2 4-6 4-2 - A massive chance for Ferrer goes to waste as Wawrinka fights back from a double break point to hold from deuce.
- - FERRER 6-2 4-6 4-1 - Nonetheless, Ferrer coasts to a love-service game to keep his grip on the deciding set strong.
- - FERRER 6-2 4-6 3-1 - Ferrer's hopes of a double break wilt at 15-30 as Wawrinka stretches him in three straight rallies to rescue the hold.
- - FERRER 6-2 4-6 3-0 - Wawrinka puts good pressure on Ferrer's serve but the Spaniard's forehand winners are good and he holds again for a three-game lead.
- - FERRER 6-2 4-6 2-0 - BREAK! - Wow, and then some... break to love from Ferrer, who completely bamboozles Wawrinka going cross-court to race ahead.
- - FERRER 6-2 4-6 1-0 - Ferrer emerges for the third set and looks a little bit more like his opening set self as he holds to 30 against a now very confident Swiss.
- - FERRER 6-2 4-6 - SET! - Well, Ferrer stepped it up a bit but nonetheless Wawrinka holds firm and takes the service game from deuce. It's one set apiece!
- - FERRER 6-2 4-5 - Ferrer holds serve but still isn't looking convincing out there at the moment. It's going to take something special to prevent Wawrinka from forcing a decider with ball in hand up next.
- - FERRER 6-2 3-5 - With a quick hold to love, Wawrinka is now on the verge of taking this to a third set. Ferrer is on the ropes here.
- - FERRER 6-2 3-4 - BREAK! - Wawrinka breaks Ferrer from deuce! Game on perhaps. More unforced errors from the Spaniard but Wawrinka was crisp as they come and dazzled in the final three points to snatch the advantage.
- - FERRER 6-2 3-3 - Great service from Wawrinka as he sweeps Ferrer to love.
- - FERRER 6-2 3-2 - Even stuff in game five as the two battle to 30-30 before Ferrer finally takes authority with the serve and holds from there. Quick medical break for Wawrinka now as he gets his right arm checked over and massaged.
- - FERRER 6-2 2-2 - Back to see-saw land but it's a fourth hold of the set as Wawrinka continues to stay alive.
- - FERRER 6-2 2-1 - A smooth hold to love from Ferrer, the first comfortable service game of the set so far.
- - FERRER 6-2 1-1 - Wawrinka finally converts his third advantage point from deuce after dodging a break point to hold his first service game in the second set.
- - FERRER 6-2 1-0 - Epic start to set two sees Ferrer evade a break point from deuce to hold from his first advantage.
- - FERRER 6-2 - SET! - Though Wawrinka recovers from a dreadful drop shot attempt which doesn't even reach the net in the opening point, from deuce Ferrer seals a triple-break to go one set up!
- - FERRER 5-2 - And a hold to love later, Ferrer is one game away from taking the opening set.
- - FERRER 4-2 - BREAK! - And once again, the Spaniard is a break up. Best game of the set so far as Wawrinka recovers from 30-0 down to get a hold point, but drops the second advantage break point after a gripping rally.
- - FERRER 3-2 - Ferrer stops the rot with a dominant hold.
- - FERRER 2-2 - Another close game sees Ferrer continue to make unforced errors and Wawrinka holds for the first time. A big early chance for David has gone to waste.
- - FERRER 2-1 - BREAK! - To Wawrinka's credit, he puts in great fight to take a break straight back from deuce.
- - FERRER 2-0 - BREAK! - And though the Spaniard cannot convert the first two of his triple break point, Wawrinka overhits and has dropped his first serve.
- - FERRER 1-0 - Ferrer wastes little time getting his first hold in the books.
- - Right. The players are out and Ferrer with first serve gets us underway.
- - Still awaiting Stanislas and David on court in Paris, the two will be our final action of an interesting day's tennis.
- - Tsonga will meet either Wawrinka or Ferrer in the last eight, and that is our concluding last-16 contest which will be on court shortly.
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|