|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TSONGA 7-6 7(3)-6 - MATCH! - After two holds apiece to start the tie-break, Tsonga delicately forehand volleys to win a capitvating rally. That's the first of four straight points for a quadruple match point. He only needs two to seal the two-set win and a place in the quarter-finals!
- - TSONGA 7-6 6-6 - Tsonga holds comfortably and tie-break #2 is next...
- - TSONGA 7-6 5-6 - Almagro holds to 15 and can break for the second set. But without a single break yet, a second tie-breaker would be the safe bet.
- - TSONGA 7-6 5-5 - Controversy at 30-0 Tsonga as Almagro keeps the ball in off the net post only for the umpire to rule it out because of the exact part of the post it hit. With that making it 40-0, the Frenchman completes the sweep with a thunderous ace.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-5 - Tsonga is beside himself as a big chance to break at a crucial time is let down by a short volley into net and an overcooked lob. Almagro squeaks a hold to 30.
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-4 - Perhaps the pendulum is swinging, as now Tsonga is the stronger in service over the last two games as another potential tie-break finish looms.
- - TSONGA 7-6 3-4 - As I say that, Tsonga comes very close to getting the break but Almagro battles back to hold from deuce.
- - TSONGA 7-6 3-3 - Tsonga holds to 30, but with Almagro still looking better in service I would bet on the Frenchman being the most likely first to be broken in the second set.
- - TSONGA 7-6 2-3 - Another hold for Almagro, who cannot afford to drop this set.
- - TSONGA 7-6 2-2 - Almagro continues to make life difficult for Tsonga but just cannot find that breakthrough. The Frenchman holds to 30.
- - TSONGA 7-6 1-2 - Almagro, for the second time, sweeps his way to a hold as he continues to look more assured with ball in hand early in set two.
- - TSONGA 7-6 1-1 - Almagro returns his way to a 30-0 lead but Tsonga ultimately recovers a break point before claiming the second deuce in a far less convincing hold.
- - TSONGA 7-6 0-1 - Almagro hasn't dropped from losing the first set, holding to love to kick off the second with a pair of lovely backhand winners highlighting game one.
- - TSONGA 7(4)-6 - SET! Almagro pulls back to 4-4 from 4-2 down, but supreme stuff from Tsonga takes three further points on the bounce and claims a gruelling first set!
- - TSONGA 6-6 - No break of serve, and the first set will come down to a tie-break.
- - TSONGA 6-5 - 11 holds from 11 means if Tsonga can break Almagro now, the first set is his.
- - TSONGA 5-5 - Things continue to get edgy as we close in on a tie-break, with Almagro too having to rescue the hold from deuce.
- - TSONGA 5-4 - What a rescue job by Tsonga as from deuce he recovers from the match's first break point, then another, before snatching the hold with a thunderous smash and first serve.
- - TSONGA 4-4 - Ask and you shall receive... almost. Tsonga punishes loose play from Almagro to twice lead the eighth game, before staving off a hold point for deuce, and ultimately succumbing to the Spaniard's recovery.
- - TSONGA 4-3 - Tsonga holds to love. Still waiting for a first sign of a possible break, let alone an actual break.
- - TSONGA 3-3 - Almagro continues to serve with excellent technique and keeps us in service after six.
- - TSONGA 3-2 - Almagro makes a successful challenge to claw back the first of a double hold point, but the world number six then smashes home his third service game.
- - TSONGA 2-2 - Great flexibility from Almagro to get the winners to back up his first serve and hold to 15.
- - TSONGA 2-1 - The Frenchman caps a love-service third game with a casual drop shot finish.
- - TSONGA 1-1 - Almagro, too, begins without a flicker as he holds his first serve.
- - TSONGA 1-0 - Tsonga begins with a comfortable hold.
- - On the other court, meanwhile, Tsonga and Almagro are now underway.
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||21/08/1985|