|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for Murray will be Poland's Jerzy Janowicz, who put out Marin Cilic yesterday. Full Paris Masters drawsheet
- - MURRAY 7-5 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Another stunning backhand winner straight down the line from Murray earns him a match point. And its a shame for the match to end in such a poor manner as Mathieu slaps down a double fault to concede the game
- - MURRAY 7-5 5-3 - A tough service hold for Murray as Mathieu pushes him to deuce with an off-forehand from the Scot that drops just wide. But Murray does come through it eventually and Mathieu will have to serve to stay in the match next
- - MURRAY 7-5 4-3 - Mathieu races through a service hold to fully consolidate his break back and reduce the deficit to just the one break again
- - MURRAY 7-5 4-2 - BREAK! A poor game from Murray, just as he appeared to be cruising towards the finish line. He quickly hands Mathieu two break back points before capitulating on the first with a slack backhand drop shot attempt into the net
- - MURRAY 7-5 4-1 - BREAK! A forehand from Mathieu flicks off the tape and lands wide handing Murray two more break points. But he only needs the one, ending the rally (and the game) with a blistering forehand winner swatted dismissively down the line
- - MURRAY 7-5 3-1 - Boom! Another very speedy service hold pins Mathieu to the baseline as Murray keeps the momentum firmly on his side
- - MURRAY 7-5 2-1 - Mathieu finally gets off the mark in this second set, ensuring that the deficit remains just the one break. Murray is looking ominously relaxed now though and just has to maintain his level to book his place in the third round
- - MURRAY 7-5 2-0 - Some outrageous hitting from Murray, concluding in a forehand winner, seals him hold without trouble to consolidate the break
- - MURRAY 7-5 1-0 - BREAK! Mathieu makes a foray into the net on break point but his poor backhand volley sits up for Murray, who is easily able to chase it down. His backhand passing shot is called out but he challenges and hawkeye shows the ball was clearly in. Murray is firmly in control now
- - MURRAY 6-4 - SET! Despite looking very strong off the forehand wing so far tonight, Murray suddenly throws in two errors as Mathieu threatens to break back. PHM squanders a golden chance for three break points, but a third forehand error (this time into the very bottom of the net) from the Scot and it's break point Mathieu. An ace saves the first for Murray while Mathieu wastes the second with a wild return. And Murray goes on to take the set when Mathieu dumps a backhand return into the net
- - MURRAY 6-5 - BREAK! A double fault from Mathieu to open the game does not help his cause as a couple of over-hit groundstrokes sail long to hand Murray three break points. It only takes one though as the Scot puts up a testing lob and Mathieu completely mis-times it, failing to get the ball back. Murray will serve for the set next
- - MURRAY 5-5 - A slightly tough game for Murray as a backhand error costs him the opening point of the game, and then also a point at 30-30. But in between the Scot comes up with a couple of cracking first serves, combined with a huge return of serve error from Mathieu, to keep this set alive
- - MURRAY 4-5 - Murray looks like he might get a chance to break as he opens Mathieu's service game with a blistering forehand winner. But the Frenchman steps up and denies Murray yet again, a backhand going well out of play from the Scot to concede the game. He will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends
- - MURRAY 4-4 - Mathieu goes for broke on back-to-back returns of serve and belts both of them well out of play before Murray goes one better than his opponent and seals a love service hold with an ace!
- - MURRAY 3-4 - Mathieu is still holding firm on serve as he again holds for the loss of just the one point, even finding his first ace (down the centre of the court) to seal the hold
- - MURRAY 3-3 - A couple of errors this time from Murray, first a forehand into the net and second a sliced forehand wide, but Mathieu cannot fashion a break point and Murray goes on to hold with a solid if unspectacular passing shot winner. Does the job though and the Scot is level again
- - MURRAY 2-3 - Mathieu also posts another comfortable service hold, again with just the one point going the way of the receiver.
- - MURRAY 2-2 - Just the one point dropped by Murray on serve as he slaps a forehand into the net. The Scot is looking pretty happy on serve so far, however
- - MURRAY 1-2 - Murray has Mathieu reeling early but the Frenchman recovers to hold to 30 after Murray twice clips the wrong side of the net.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - The Scot evades a break point to force deuce and hold serve for the first time.
- - MURRAY 0-1 - Mathieu holds serve to 30 to kick off the tie, and is a little unfortunate not to look more comfortable in doing so when a casual backhand volley comes up short and nets.
- - Mathieu, with first service, gets the contest underway!
- - This is the fifth meeting between Murray and Mathieu. The US Open champion has won all four previous contests, with their last encounter coming in the Beijing 2010 round of 32.
- - Murray and Mathieu arrive on court and will be underway very shortly...
- - Murray boasts a 4-0 head-to-head record over Mathieu, now the world number 64. Their most recent meeting was way back in 2010 on the hard courts of Beijing, however.
- - In 15 minutes' time, world number three Andy Murray takes on Paul-Henri Mathieu on Court Central. The US Open champion will see this as a big opportunity with Djokovic out of the draw and Federer and Nadal absent - can he now go on and win the tournament?
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||12/01/1982|