|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 7-6(4) 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Boom! Four straight aces from Raonic seals the match in the perfect fashion. Tough loss for Chardy though.
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 7-6(4) 5-3 - BREAK! AT LAST! Raonic takes a big risk, running round the ball to hit an off-forehand across court, leaving himself wide open. But he receives the ball back where he wants it and batters a backhand winner - his first of the match - down the line to earn himself a break point. And that's all he needs as Chardy sends an attempted lob long.
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 7-6(4) 4-3 - Raonic races through another service hold to 15, featuring yet another ace. If he keeps up that serving, there is very much the feeling that Raonic will stay strong long enough to take this match
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 7-6(4) 3-3 - Break points are all over the place now as Raonic earns himself a chance. He gets a look at a second serve, something Chardy didn't enjoy, but still cannot take advantage as the Frenchman holds his nerve in the rally. And from there the door slams shut for Raonic as Chardy goes on to hold and level up again
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 7-6(4) 3-2 - THE FIRST BREAK POINT OF MATCH goes the way of Chardy when Raonic hits long (confirmed by a hawkeye challenge). Raonic saves it with a backhand volley winner but he gives Chardy a second and then a third chance. He saves them all with huge serves
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 7-6(4) 2-1 - 12 points played in this set, 12 points won by the server as Raonic holds to love again, with a couple more aces to his name - that's 18 in total now for the Frenchman
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 7-6(4) 1-1 - "Anything you can do...". Chardy also opens his side of the set with a love service hold, flinging in ninth ace of the match for the opening point of the game
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 7-6(4) 1-0 - Raonic, rejuvinated by taking that second set and also taking a comfort break at the end of it, races through a service hold to love to open the final set
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 7-6(4) - SET! The Canadian levels the match with a forehand winner as he seals the second set in almost a carbon copy of the way Chardy took the first. This match is hardly setting the world alight though and there are just a handful of people left now (maybe 1000 odd), not many considering it's a 10,000 seater stadium. It is 11pm on a Wednesday night in Paris, mind
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 6-6(4-2) - TIE-BREAK - This time is it's Raonic's turn to be a slightly more in command in the breaker as he sneaks ahead by the mini-break lead at the change of ends
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 6-6 - It'll be another tie-break, as Raonic and then Chardy hold serve once again
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 5-5 - Chardy takes a gamble on a backhand return off a wide serve. And it pays of handsomely as the ball hurtles down the line for a winner that leaves him, at 0-30, potentially just two points away from the match. Raonic recovers though and goes on to hold with a solid serve that the Frenchman cannot return in play
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 4-5 - Raonic will have serve to stay in this match after the change of ends, after Chardy produces another cracking game including a forehand winner down the line (after running round the ball)
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 4-4 - Just three points dropped on serve so far in this set from the Canadian as he levels up once again. The average length of rallies in this match has dramatically increased from two to three shots in this set though. Scintilating stuff!
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 3-4 - Chardy riflles another off-forehand across court for a winner - his 10th off that wing now - to sneak out in front once again. This set, and the match, is reaching crunch point and there is yet to be a break point for either player
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 3-3 - Raonic is yet to lose more than one point in any of his service games and yet he finds himself a set down. We're still on serve in this second set, however, as he holds once again when Chardy fails to find the court with his return
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 2-3 - Chardy is beginning to enjoy more and more success in ground-strokes as he gets himself out of a spot of bother at 30-30 when an off-forehand winner across court off a shorter ball. And from there he goes on to hold once again
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 2-2 - There's an audible gasp from the crowd as, out of nowhere, Chardy comes up with a backhand return of serve winner straight down the line. But it is his only success of the game as Raonic holds without the loss of any further points
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 1-2 - An ace from Chardy, his seventh, seals a hold for the loss of just one point and here we go again!
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 1-1 - Raonic quickly puts the disappointment of some poor points in that breaker behind him and cruises through a service hold of his own to get his side of the scoreboard ticking over once more
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) 0-1 - A quick and easy service hold for Chardy gets things back on track after that breaker, as he makes a solid start to this second set
- - RAONIC 6-7(4) - SET! Great play from Chardy as he races away with the breaker after the change of ends before wrapping up the set at the first attempt with a forehand winner. The Frenchman is looking pretty good out on court and must be bouyed by the crowd getting more into it as he enjoys increasing amounts of success
- - RAONIC 6-6(3-3) - TIE-BREAK! A couple of errors from Raonic help Chardy grab a couple of cheap points in the break, although things are still all-sqaure at the change of ends
- - RAONIC 6-6 - As predicted, this set will be decided on the breaker as Chardy finds ace number five to seal a love service game. Chardy has dropped just six points on serve in this match so far, and Raonic is even better having only dropped four
- - RAONIC 6-5 - Raonic quickly eases through another service hold only dropping the one point again, flinging all the pressure back on to Chardy to serve to keep things alive once again
- - RAONICE 5-5 - Raonic finally has a look at some second serves especially when he finds himself 0-30 up against the Chardy serve. But poor shot-selection sees him completely waste the chance and the Frenchman goes on to hold without dropping another point.
- - RAONIC 5-4 - Raonic finds ace number seven, this one straight down the T, as he holds to love to leave Chardy serving to stay in this opening set after the change of ends
- - RAONIC 4-4 - Another very cruisey service hold apeice from the two players as they chug towards a tie-breaker surely
- - RAONIC 3-3 - Not a lot of rhythm being generated in this match, and it doesn't look like there is going to be either. Apart from on serve that is - clearly both men have hit rhythm on their serve early as Chardy holds once again
- - RAONIC 3-2 - A third ace from the Canadian helps him get off to a great start in the game before success trips into the net both pay dividends as he comes up with first a backhand volley winner and then a forehand stretch volley winner (both down the line) to seal another comfortable hold
- - RAONIC 2-2 - Chardy has great variation on the serve and once again eases through a hold to level up. Chances against serve are already looking like they are going to be few and far between
- - RAONIC 2-1 - A huge 226kpm first serve ace from Raonic helps him race through another service hold
- - RAONIC 1-1 - Chardy may not have the power of Raonic but he matches the Canadian with his first service game of the match, hitting an ace and a double fault on his way to a comfortable hold
- - RAONIC 1-0 - A very quick and easy service hold for the Canadian, despite a double fault, as he opens up the match. Expect many more of them as this match progresses!
- - These two have never faced each other before so expect the first few games to involve a little bit of testing each other out. We are just about ready to go now and it will be Raonic to serve first ...
- - Next up is the final match of the day between big-serving Canadian Milos Raonic and Frenchman Jeremy Chardy
|Date of Birth||27/12/1990|
|Date of Birth||12/02/1987|