|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - AZARENKA 6-1 6-0 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Azarenka goes down 0-15 after hitting long, before Daniilidou gifts her a point via the same wrong move. Daniilidou pulls ahead again before she runs left as an incoming forehand slides down to her right. The Belarusian dominates the final two points and wraps up what has been a relatively cheap ride into the third round.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 5-0 - BREAK! Daniilidou has a 40-15 lead but can't keep it, and the scoreboard is soon at deuce. It takes her two advantages but Azarenka prevails in this stand-off. Azarenka is serving for the match.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 4-0 - Daniilidou picks her game back up and sets up three break points, one of which she throws away – quite literally – past the baseline. At 30-40 Azarenka is forced to use her second serve, and Daniilidou sends back a winner that kicks off a quality rally. Had the Greek been playing someone else she would have won it, but Azarenka is simply too well-drilled and wins the point off a beautiful backhand drive down the right. In no time at all it's Azarenka's advantage and game.
- - AZARENKA 3-0 - BREAK! Azarenka is economical with some inconsistent play from Daniilidou, who is hitting a bit long more and more and she wraps it on the second break point.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 2-0 - Azarenka puts a perfectly placed ball to Daniilidou's back-right pocket and she is forced back but can only send it straight into the air, where her opponent almost thoughtlessly smashes it on the full into an empty court.
- - AZARENKA 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! Daniilidou is starting to challenge Azarenka more now, using drop shots and net play, as Azarenka stays at the baseline. But Azarenka is still dictating where the ball goes and Daniilidou can only keep up for so long.
- - AZARENA 6-1 - SET! Daniilidou has finally arrived for this match. Perhaps she just needed to find her rhythm. It's too late for the first set though which Azarenka completely controlled, hitting 12 winners - mostly from the baseline - to Daniilidou's four.
- - DANIILIDOU 1-5 - Where did this come from? Two bad hits from Azarenka put Daniilidou up and she takes advantage, forcing Azarenka to the baseline before coming to the net for a smash. She takes the game to 15.
- - Azarenka is smarting a canary yellow number, which seems to be the theme of the tournament.
- - AZARENKA 5-0 - Daniilidou is in the lead for the first time in the match as Azarenka misfires to the net, leaving the 23-year-old behind on 15-30. The Greek gets one more point off her at the net – where she has shown her best play so far – before Azarenka takes yet another game and will now receive for the first set.
- - AZARENKA 4-0 - Daniilidou isn't having a good time with her serve, and Azarenka is punishing her. Azarenka hits one in the net but it doesn't matter because Daniilidou double faults to give her the game.
- - AZARENKA 3-0 - The Belarusian's serve is deadly - she puts away another ace and utilises her power to tip Daniilidou off balance, who drives long with her return.
- - AZARENKA 2-0 - BREAK! Both are covering the court well, but Daniilidou has tried the backhand slice shot a couple of times already, which Azarenka isn't falling for and returning with interest. It works the third time around though and she moves boldly to the net to put away the return into the back right corner, her first point of the match. Azarenka takes the next one for the game.
- - AZARENKA 1-0 - They stick to the baseline to start and Azarenka holds serve to love, finishing off with an ace.
- - The pair have finished their practice hit and head onto the court with Azarenka to serve.
|Date of Birth||31/07/1989|
|Date of Birth||19/09/1982|