No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Ivanovic: "I was worried about this match because it was past my bedtime."
- - IVANOVIC 6-2, 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH! A moment of brilliance from Czink. She tries a wide shot again and it lands in that sweet spot in back right pocket. Ivanovic serves before putting the return in the exact same spot on Czink’s end and giving her two set and match points. She throws the first won away – well, into the net to be precise. And Czink is smart to let her second attempt fly long of the baseline. But it isn’t enough though for the Hungarian.
- - IVANOVIC - 6-2, 5-1 - Czink has got the right idea going for the wide shots, but she is lacking the consistency required to pull them off. She sends one beyond the baseline before misjudging another that foes into the net. All Ivanovic needs to do now is hold serve.
- - CZINK - 2-6, 1-3 Fine overhead shot from Czink down Ivanovic's right-hand court to stave off two game points, after she put Ivanovic off balance with a powerful, deep serve.
- - IVANOVIC 6-2, 3-0 - Ivanovic lands awkwardly on her left foot while running across the baseline, with her ankle looking to have turned outwards slightly. She appears OK and gets up to in time to seal the next point and game. Ivanovic has won 75 per cent of points from her first serve, while Czink has taken 55 per cent.
- - IVANOVIC 6-2, 2-0 - Ivanovic gets it right at the net, swooping to drive the ball to the right, before giving Czink another taste of the same medicine, this time sending her Hungarian counterpart forward and to the left before firing a shot straight down the middle to the baseline.
- - IVANOVIC 6-2, 1-0 - Ivanovic holds serve comfortably. This is the fifth meeting between the pair. The last time they faced each other the Hungarian came out victorious, but Ivanovic leads the head-to-head count 3-1.
- - IVANOVIC - 6-2 - Czink throws away a beautiful volley at the net, hitting it straight into the air and out instead of smashing it. Ivanovic's shots are smarter, and the Serb isn't having to run nearly as much. Ivanovic has produced eight unforced errors so far compared with Czink's 14.
- - CZINK 2-4 - Ivanovic, a former world No. 1 and grand slam winner, certainly appears the easy favourite in this contest. But the 25-year-old has been something of an enigma of late with recurring injuries holding her back. She has, however, shown glimpses of her previous form at the Hopman Cup. Czink has a world ranking of 97, and with 21 career titles to date is experienced but also older at 30.
- - IVANOVIC 3-1 - Czink challenges an obviously out call, before sending an easy ball hovering high for the taking into the net. She is quick on her feet and her reaction time minimal, springing to reach just about every carefully place ball Ivanovic challenges ger with. Just when the Serb looked like she had another break the left-hander Czink drives a backhand to the her right-hand corner. Deuce, advantage, deuce, advantage, before Czink hits too long to break the stalemate.
- - CZINK 1-2 - Ana Ivanovic and Melinda Czink have started on Rod Laver Arena. Thirteenth seed Ivanovic has already broken her Hungarian counterpart's serve, only for Czink to subject her to the same treatment in the third game.
|Date of Birth||06/11/1987|
|Date of Birth||22/10/1982|