No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Li's opponent in the quarter-finals will be the winner between fourth seeded Agnieszka Radwanska and Serbian Ana Ivanovic, seeded 13. Full men's drawsheet
- - LI 7-6(6) 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Fantastic from Li as she races out to a 15-40 lead and two match points on the Goerges serve. But such has been the quality of Li's game today that she only needs the one, placing her incredible forehand return right on the baseline. Goerges challenges but it's more hopeful that anything and sure enough the ball is shown to be smack on the baseline wrapping up the win for the sixth seed.
- - LI 7-6(6) 3-0 - BREAK! It's all going wrong for Goerges now as she works her way into the net only to pull down on her regulation backhand volley and put the ball into the net. That's another break for Li, and surely that's the match gone for the German now?
- - LI 7-6(6) 1-0 - BREAK! Not a great game from Goerges as she finds herself 15-40 down when she loops an off-balance forehand wide across court. She could have had more time and taken that ball on the backhand but instead she chose to run around it and hit the forehand causing it to be rushed. And it really costs her as she slices an ill-advised backhand drop shot into the net to concede her serve on the first of those break points
- - LI 7-6(6) - SET! Li has taken the first set on her first set point, firing a forehand winner down the line to seal the breaker 8-6. Goerges will be kicking herself, having had a set point of her own just two points earlier, putting a backhand into the net having done all the hard work with some brilliant defensive play
- - LI 1-1 - BREAK! Li does enough with a forehand cross court passing shot that Goerges, still on the service line, can only volley into the net and it brings up immediate break back points for the Chinese. One is all she needs though as she races up to a shorter ball from the German and buries the forehand winner down the line
- - LI 0-1 - BREAK! There is a tricky shadow on Hisense as Melbourne transitions into net, and Li opens with a double fault. It's not the best of starts and it only gets worse as Goerges plays herself into form with a cross court forehand and follows it up with another forehand, which Li can only hit into the net, on her way to bringing up a break point. And a second double from the Chinese hands Goerges the early break
|Date of Birth||26/02/1982|
|Date of Birth||02/11/1988|