No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 6-4 - GAME, SET, MATCH! - Of course, holding serve is something Radwanska has done without fail in this match, despite a couple of wobbles. No such wobbles here as a hold to love, despite a late challenge in vain from Ivanovic, seals a two-set win. Li Na awaits in the quarters.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 5-4 - Ivanovic is unable to serve with quite the authority as her opponent, even with her tournament existence depending on it, but from 30-30 an excellent forehand winner goes perfectly out of Radwanska's reach with pinpoint placement, and the hold is academic from there. She makes the Pole serve for the match.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 5-3 - Radwanska's serve is again picking up at just the right time, and another four-game sweep puts her on the verge of the last eight with two games to wrap it up in rapid order.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 4-3 - Ivanovic continues to strike well on the follow-up and it proves the difference in another tight game, which she serves up to 30.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 4-2 - Once again, unforced errors prove vital as Ivanovic wastes a great chance to pull a break back and give herself hope in this match. 30-0 up, she is pegged to deuce by Radwanska who after trading advantage several times, gets the hold and is ever closer to the last eight.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 3-2 - A gorgeous cross-court backhand from Radwanska isn't enough to snatch a double-break as Ivanovic shows enough range to hold to 30, finishing with a nifty dropper.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 3-1 - Ivanovic comes agonisingly close to breaking back as Radwanska leaves far too many openings for forehand returns, but she keeps in it to deuce and withstands two break points from there to finally hold. That could be a crucial hold in the grand scheme of things, too.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 2-1 - Ivanovic mirrors the first set once again with a drastic improvement in the third game. Good workrate to hold to 15 and pull one back.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 2-0 - And with a comfortable hold to 15, Radwanska again finds early daylight in the set.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! - Almost a rousing comeback by Ivanovic from 40-0 down as she looked to avoid starting the second set as she had the first, but Radwanska finished the game at the third attempt for a break to 30.
- - RADWANSKA 6-2 - SET! - And with another hold to love, Radwanska wraps up a strong capitalisation on a very inconsistent Ivanovic for set one. Just the one ace apiece but Ivanovic's 15 unforced errors to Radwanska's two proved costly.
- - RADWANSKA 5-2 - BREAK! - And what a time to step it back up. Radwanska displays that initial relentless pursuit of Ivanovic's service to double-break and despite the Serb's mid-set recovery, the book-ended breaks have the Pole serving now for the opener.
- - RADWANSKA 4-2 - Another tight exchange but Radwanska holds to 30 to keep on track for the opening set courtesy of that first-game break of Ivanovic's serve.
- - RADWANSKA 3-2 - Ivanovic appears to remain the more settled player after the initial opening break, but two brilliant winners from Radwanska whittle down the triple hold point before Ivanovic finally seals the deal.
- - RADWANSKA 3-1 - Danger averted by Radwanska! She started service comfortably enough until a challenge by Ivanovic at seemingly 40-0 down gets her to 15-30. From deuce, a break point is conjured but Radwanska puts enough pressure on from the serve to turn it around and keep her edge in the opening set.
- - RADWANSKA 2-1 - Now Ivanovic starts to show her abilities with a hold to love of her own, approaching the net fantastically to claim two points before a desperation drop-shot save somehow claims the third before a frustrated Radwanska nets to put Ivanovic on the board.
- - RADWANSKA 2-0 - And almost as soon as that update is completed, Radwanska holds to love without a flinch to go two ahead!
- - RADWANSKA 1-0 - BREAK! - Radwanska finds it quite easy to penetrate the serve in the very first game of the match, as Ivanovic's backhands yield mixed results. A great winner to save the initial break point and force deuce but Radwanska comfortably takes the first advantage to move ahead early on.
- - Ivanovic, in yellow, won the toss and has first serve against Radwanska in pink. And here we go!
- - Ivanovic and Radwanska make their way onto court and will be underway in just a few moments.
|Date of Birth||06/11/1987|
|Date of Birth||06/03/1989|