|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - STEPHENS 7-5 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Robson has the advantage but she loses it on the back of a spectacular rally which she all but had but left her court gaping wide. Stephens has the ad now and has taken control of the rally, a smattering of wide drives too much for the Brit who swat it straight back to her. And just as the American is about to hammer in that final nail, she swipes it straight into the net. Stephens sets up another match point and Robson shovels a forehand way wide.
- - Run Robson run! That's what she's forced to do as Stephens pumps the ball this way and that, only for the Brit to punt on the midcourt, until she pings a forehand out wide where the American isn't expecting. Robson brings up her wall of defence and it's enough to stay ahead at 40-30. It goes to deuce but absolutely sparkling down-the-line shot keeps her in the match.
- - STEPHENS 7-5 5-2 - Robson wins the first point. In retaliation Stephens brings out her signature backhand that's been doing so much damage. She doesn't want this to draw out any longer than possible now. Can Robson save another serve and stay in this match?
- - ROBSON 5-7 2-4 - Robson knows she needs to hold here and goes up 30-15 quickly, and seals her service game with a flurry of baseline shots and a bending cross-court winner.
- - STEPHENS 7-5 4-1 - Stephens posts 30-0 without a second thought thanks to a ferocious couple of serves, and nabs another as a challenge goes her way. Robson pulls one back but can't compete with the killer backhand Stephens yanks out to the line.
- - ROBSON 5-7 1-3 - BREAK! A scrappy game ensues as the pair exchange baseline pleasantries before Robson whacks a backhand out. She recovers with a nice serve down the T to put Stephens on the back foot, but she’s soon sending them screaming back. 15-30. Just when the American thinks she has a grasp on a break point Robson posts a sublime backhand to the back pocket, before an overcooked lob settles the score on deuce. After four deuces Stephens bends the Brit into submission.
- - ROBSON 5-7 1-2 - Stephens thinks she's wrapped up a hold to 30 with a ace out wide to the forehand, only for Robson to challenge. But hawkeye shows the ball to have been comfortably in and Stephens does edge ahead once again
- - ROBSON 5-7 1-1 - Yet another tough service game as Robson is also pushed to deuce, a forehand approach shot into the net the problem, before managing to hold when Stephens hits long after another lengthy baseline exchange. Just a few signs now that Stephens is beginning to get frustrated with herself and you get the feeling if Robson could cut out the errors she could level up this match
- - ROBSON 5-7 0-1 - Stephens comes through a tight opening service hold to get the second set underway. Robson pushes her all the way to deuce but can't quite fashion a break point and Stephens goes on to hold with an ace and a big first serve that Robson returns long
- - ROBSON 5-7 - SET! Tough for Robson as she had worked so hard to get back into this opening set after dropping the first four games. But Stephens works her around the baseline eventually drawing a low forehand into the net from the Brit to bring up a third set point. And this time, unlike two games ago, she does take advantage; finding the baseline with a cross court backhand, Robson looping her forehand response long
- - ROBSON 5-6 - Robson produces two sublime points from 0-40 down to put real pressure on the Stephens serve. But she hesitates up at the net on the bakckhand volley on the third and hits into the net to help the American hold. Robson will have to serve to stay in this opening set for a second time
- - ROBSON 5-5 - Robson tries to flatten out her forehand and go for the winner after a lengthy baseline exchange but her shot instead ends up in the top of the net, handing Stephens a first set point. The Brit saves it with an agressive first serve and inside-out cross court forehand winner. She also has to save a second set point which she does with another big first serve that Stephens cannot return in play. And eventually Robson goes on to hold with a very deep backhand
- - ROBSON 4-5 - Stephens throws in a double fault to allow Robson to apply the pressure at deuce. But the American quickly slams the door shut with a huge forehand that Robson can't return in play, and then holds with an unreturnable first serve
- - ROBSON 4-4 - There is no doubt who the crowd are supporting out on Court 2, as they get noisily behind Robson as she holds to firmly get this clash back on track, a forehand doing the damage for the Brit as Stephens fails to return it in play
- - ROBSON 3-4 - BREAK! Robson is definitely settling down now, the arm is obviously loosening up, as she goes 0-30 up against the Stephens serve with a couple of fantastic baseline exchanges. The first ends in Stephens volleying wide at full stretch and the second in the American half-volleying into the net off the baseline. Stephens works her way back into it and even enjoys a game point before Robson breaks again with a huge point that ends with Stephens hitting an stretched forehand into the net
- - ROBSON 2-4 - Robson promptly re-opens with a double fault after the injury timeout but promptly gets the better of Stephens in successive ground-stroke exchanges. That should build the confidence of Robson. She puts in another double fault to allow Stephens back to 40-30 but another lengthy rally ends in Stephens hitting a rushed backhand wide across court. Robson looks like she is beginning to settle into this match now
- - Robson is having an injury timeout to her left shoulder and neck. The doctor has been out as well and has given her some painkillers and she is now having treatment by the physio, seemingly to loosen up that left arm
- - ROBSON 1-4 - BREAK! A double fault from Stephens hands Robson a chance to get one of the breaks back after the Brit had done a lot better with some length hitting. And Robson does get that break back with a forehand right onto the baseline that Stephens can only loop well long
- - ROBSON 0-4 - BREAK! The Brit is setting up the points but can't quite finish them off as she puts a smash wide to help Stephens earn more break points. And sure enough the American does take full advantage with a forehand being being drilled down the line. Robson has called for the trainer for the next change of ends
- - ROBSON 0-3 - Robson has definitely made a slightly sluggish start to this clash although there is nothing nervy about a backhand winner down the line from the Brit after a Stephens forehand sits right up. But the American holds to 30 with another forehand winner to consolidate the break and there is no doubt who has made the better start here
- - ROBSON 0-2 - BREAK! The Stephens forehand really is doing some damage already as she whips a winner across court on the angle to earn herself a second break point. Robson saves it with a backhand approach shot winner down the line. But Stephens quickly gets a third chance and this time she does take it when Robson sends a forehand just long
- - ROBSON 0-1 - A comfortable opening game for Stephens as she holds for the loss of just the one point, which goes on a forehand long of the baseline. The American opened with a blistering forehand winner down the line though - she takes no prisoners with that shot
- - Robson and Stephens are just about ready to go and it will be the American to get the clash underway after Robson won the toss and opted to receive
- - The end of that Cilic-Seppi clash means we can move seamlessly from one Brit to another as Laura Robson will be on court shortly for her clash against 29th seeded American Sloane Stephens
|Date of Birth||20/03/1993|
|Date of Birth||21/01/1994|