|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MONFILS 6-7 7-6 6-3 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Monfils has done it! What an epic, exciting match. What players, strength and agility. Some fantastic tennis here and 18th seed Dolgopolov may be walking off as the loser but this one could have gone either way. Monfils is the biggest surprise here though and the 24-year-old world number 86 is through to the second round where he will meet Lu Yen-Hsun of Chinese Taipei.
- - DOLGOPOLOV 7-6 6-7 3-6 3-5 - BREAK! Monfils shows of his wily agility to get into the net for a ball one would have thought impossible to reach, but Dolgopolov sends it back with force and all Monfils can do is swing to send it straight into the net. Incredible resistance from Dolgopolov as he breaks the Frenchman to love in what must be a huge amount of pressure.
- - MONFILS 6-7 7-6 6-3 5-2 - BREAK! A Mexican wave washes over Margaret Court Arena as Monfils pushes Dolgopolov to 0-40. He retaliates aggressively to send the ball deep and smashing the leftovers at the net. But oe point isn't enough though and Monfils takes the break, meaning all he has to do is serve for the match.
- - DOLGOPOLOV 7-6 6-7 2-3 - BREAK! It's a very tight match on Margaret Court Arena as Minfils seals the second set off another tie-brak, with a slightly bigger gap at 7-4, and he is keeping his momentum up in the third, having already broken Dolgopolov but double faults and is trumped by his opponent from Ukraine who takes a break back.
- - MONFILS 6-7 2-2 - Alexandr Dolgopolov is leading Gael Monfils on Margaret Court Arena, after winning the first-set tie-break 9-7. But the Frenchman Monfils is putting winners deep in the court and Dolgopolov is fast, but can't get to them all. Monfils aces to hold his service game to love.
|Date of Birth||01/09/1986|
|Date of Birth||07/11/1988|