No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - BERDYCH 6-3 6-2 6-6 (TB: 15-13) - GAME, SET, MATCH! - Berdych makes it 5-2, but Anderson won't give up and his superior ace-hitting becomes 10-5 with three in this tie-break to trail 6-5. Berdych then completely mis-hits during a rally on match point and the two trade advantage all the way to 13-13, from which Berdych finally converts his FIFTH match point to advance in straight sets!
- - BERDYCH 6-3 6-2 6-6 (TB: 4-2) - The tie-break, which Anderson must win to stay in the tournament, starts finely poised after four points until Berdych takes two in a row for the lead. He's almost there...
- - BERDYCH 6-3 6-2 6-6 - Anderson squeaks a hold from deuce for the chance to break for the set, but despite beating two hold points on second serve, a drop shot goes awry and takes us to a tie-break.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 6-2 5-5 - Anderson's sixth ace comes in another hold, but again the magic comes on Berdych's serve. Anderson heads 30-15 up but misses a good chance to create a set point, only for Berdych to whiff a volley on hold point. Anderson returns smoothly to end Berdych's first advantage before having a set point nulled by a fifth ace for the Czech, who hangs on from there.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 6-2 4-4 - Again Anderson holds his own serve and comes close to exploiting hesitation in Berdych. A good ace from Tomas but after dropping the first point and almost squandering a double hold point he eventually levels back up.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 6-2 3-3 - There's renewed optimism here from Anderson as he holds for the lead in the set and forces Berdych to net twice in the sixth, but the match leader is able to hold on for what could be an important serve as he strives to see this out in three.
- - BERDYCH 6-3 6-2 2-2 - BREAK! A slight lapse in concentration from Berdych as he gifts Anderson three break back points. The Czech saves the first but Anderson works his way into the net on the second, dinking over a forehand volley winner to get things back on track in this third set
- - BERDYCH 6-3 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! The Czech allows himself a little smile after securing yet another break of the Anderson serve, this time with a foray into the net and a backhand volley winner
- - BERDYCH 6-3 6-2 - SET! A brilliant second serve from Berdych, right on to the service line, makes things incredibly difficult for Anderson, who is on the back foot right from the start of the rally. And so it is no surprise when the South African pulls his cross court forehand wide just a couple of shots later to help Berdych seal the second set
- - BERDYCH 6-3 5-2 - BREAK! Berdych is all over the second serve, in particular, of Anderson and the South African is left trying the slightly desperate serve and volley tactic on the second serve, only to fail to land his volley follow up and concede his serve for the second time in this second set
- - BERDYCH 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! The fifth seed is looking very comfortable now and playing the big points exactly as he would want. He quickly earns himself a break point in this second set and takes full advantage, bossing the rally from the baseline and patiently waiting until the power becomes too much for the South African, who makes the error
- - BERDYCH 6-3 - SET! Having been unable to take advantage of three set points on the Anderson serve in the previous game, Berdych is quick to make amends and wrap things up at the first attempt behind his own serve. He rattles down a huge first serve followed by an even bigger forehand that the first set has gone to the fifth seed
- - BERDYCH 4-2 - BREAK! Anderson is retreating when he sends a forehand well wide heading the line to hand Berdych three break point in this first set. And the fifth seed used just one of them as he works the South African around the baseline, eventually drawing the forehannd into the net
|Date of Birth||18/05/1986|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|