|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 6-4 7-6 6-2 - GAME, SET, MATCH! - Federer brings a tepid crowd to their feet with a classy climactic showing, out-rallying Raonic twice and planting a cheeky drop shot for 40-0. He cannot hold to love but the hold to 15 seals his 35th GS QF in succession. Routine stuff for Federer after Raonic's initial resistance faded.
- - FEDERER 6-4 7-6 5-2 - Federer backhand returns a 217 km/h serve in a brilliant start to game seven before the two almost go through the motions to deuce. Raonic holds from there to force Fed to serve for the match, but the next game will almost surely be the last of the day's play.
- - FEDERER 6-4 7-6 5-1 - Though the Monte Carlo resident again returns Fed's first serve of the game, he fails as usual to follow it up. Rinse and repeat as Roger outs for 15-30, but aces his way back to parity. A forced net and another ace put the second seed within one game of success, just an hour and three quarters in.
- - FEDERER 6-4 7-6 4-1 - Raonic cruises to 40-0, and then completely throws it away. A wonderful short backhand return gets Fed on the board in game five but a double fault and a fluffing of his lines lead to deuce. But though he also scuppers his first advantage point, a rare backhand volley winner is successfully converted for his first game of the set.
- - FEDERER 6-4 7-6 4-0 - Raonic is able to push Fed's serve to deuce, but one advantage point later and the second seed is four up and on course for the last eight.
- - FEDERER 6-4 7-6 3-0 - BREAK! - Looks like the fun is over for Raonic. A remarkably easy break to 30 for Federer, consdering the trouble he had finding openings against serve for the first two sets, and three games into the third Federer is a double-break up.
- - FEDERER 6-4 7-6 2-0 - Eyebrows go up as Raonic pulls back from two points down to 30-30, including a double fault from the Wimbledon champion. Fed goes back to what works from there, playing safe serves and outclassing the Canadian on the rallies to win the next two points and hold.
- - FEDERER 6-4 7-6 1-0 - BREAK! - Raonic evidently was looking to keep Federer held to tie-breaks before going for the sets from there, and failure to do so just now has left a dent in his confidence. Federer has just completely shattered his otherwise-dominant service with a break to love!
- - Want to witness the conclusion to this match with your own eyes? Sign up to Eurosport Player now! We have multi-court coverage of the entire tournament. Player
- - FEDERER 6-4 7-6(4) - SET! - But now Federer pulls away with the first break point of the TB, following up with a winner and an ace for three set points. A superb defensive forehand keeps Raonic alive in the first of the three just as Fed began to take control of the rally, but the Swiss breaks him again and is one set away from the last eight.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-6 (3-3): Nothing to separate the two men after six tie-break points, with Raonic using a challenge well to keep level.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-6 - Well, it's felt like a tie-break set throughout and that's exactly what we will have. Raonic did well after dropping the first point to survive a repeat of the first set's conclusion and put the TB into effect. Over four tiebreakers, these two men are 2-2.
- - FEDERER 6-4 6-5 - Back-to-back aces from Fed, however, in his fourth love-service of the set. That one didn't even hit the minute mark.
- - FEDERER 6-4 5-5 - It doesn't happen the same way this time, as Raonic keeps hitting big to hold to 15. The crowd seem to be drifting out of the game a little with Federer's usual pomp restricting to feint glimmers of panache.
- - FEDERER 6-4 5-4 - Another service game which Raonic has no answer for as Federer holds to love and will head into game 10 of the set looking to replicate the set-snatching break of the first.
- - FEDERER 6-4 4-4 - Raonic's 13th ace to Federer's six caps a hold to 15 but while the 13th seed is winning the power battle, he has yet to find a way past his adversary where it matters.
- - FEDERER 6-4 4-3 - Raonic is getting Federer to squeak his shoes, but the decorated Swiss continues to have the beating of his opponent on serve. Four points without reply again.
- - FEDERER 6-4 3-3 - Federer as usual changes racquets for the game before new balls come in, and he doesn't get it too dirty as Raonic hammers home a hold to 15.
- - FEDERER 6-4 3-2 - Early wobble from Fed as Raonic easily takes the first point, but from there it's plain sailing for the hold.
- - FEDERER 6-4 2-2 - Raonic almost his own worst enemy again, coming close to gifting Federer a break point with two careless off-target hits, but the Canadian picks up his game to see out the hold just as Federer began to smell blood.
- - FEDERER 6-4 2-1 - Again the Swiss is happy to engage Raonic from serve before tearing him apart with forehands and volleys. Another love-service game.
- - FEDERER 6-4 1-1 - Federer returns the first point but Raonic recovers well to hold and looks a little stronger in open play as a result.
- - FEDERER 6-4 1-0 - Raonic continues to cost himself points with overzealous strikes and when he is outfoxed at a net exchange and can't rescue with a cheeky between-the-legs effort with his back to his opponent, Roger gets the hold to 15.
- - FEDERER 6-4 - SET! - In 33 minutes, Roger finally breaks serve and with perfect timing to snatch the first set! Sloppiest service from Raonic so far as he chases the game three times, failing to do so the third time on Federer's first set point as his net approach for a volley is punished.
- - FEDERER 5-4 - Fed is now happy to wait for the return of his serve, knowing he has the beating of Raonic in open play every time. A severe shortage of rallys or deuces, as a result, mean we've had nine games in well under half an hour already.
- - FEDERER 4-4 - The look on Raonic's face as his opening ace is challenged, correctly, by Federer is priceless. That becomes a double fault, but it's the only point he drops in game eight. a 225 km/h ace finishes the hold in ferocious style.
- - FEDERER 4-3 - The second seed is being made to work more on his serve, but he has the wiles and the winners to see it through and holds to 15.
- - FEDERER 3-3 - First danger for Raonic as Federer's first forays to the net yield a total of three break points. But the Canadian vanquishes all of them before his fifth ace and a pinpoint smash finish to a good rally secure the hold by the skin of his teeth.
- - FEDERER 3-2 - Again little compromise from Federer in service, though Raonic is able to return his first point at the 11th attempt.
- - FEDERER 2-2 - Much better from the underdog. This time he starts service strong and finishes it equally so, with a 210 km/h ace which caps his first hold to love.
- - FEDERER 2-1 - Again not a single point dropped by Fed, who'll be confident that he can find the breakthrough before Raonic does on the early evidence.
- - FEDERER 1-1 - Raonic starts off with a 236 km/h belter and a lovely forehand winner, but is far from Federer's convincing and consistent hold as he serves to 30.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Perfection from Roger to start. Less than a minute gone, and in five serves the Swiss ace holds to love. Both men are strong with ball in hand so it could be a case of first to be broken in each set.
- - Federer won the coin toss, and will serve first. Here we go!
- - Here they are, last match of the day coming up shortly and it should be a good one. It's a lot cooler and more cloudy than the humid conditions of the first few days of the Open.
- - Last up today is the living legend himself, Roger Federer, against Milos Raonic for the last spot in the quarters. They should be on court soon.
|Date of Birth||27/12/1990|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|