|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - BERDYCH 6-4 5-1 - Mayer manages to get on the scroreboard this set as he holds serve to 30. Still a beautiful day in the Californian desert - blue skies and blazing sunshine. Berdych will now serve for the match.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 5-0 - Berdych again consolidates his latest break of serve, and he is just one game from victory now with Mayer unable to do anything to stem the flow of games from his opponent.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 4-0 - BREAK! This match is going to be over very shortly as Berdych romps into a 4-0 lead, and Mayer has absolutely no response as he is comfortably broken for the second successive game in the second set. Berdych is flying now, and looking to wrap it up quickly.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 3-0 - Berdych comfortably consolidates his break of serve, and this is all too easy for the Czech now. He assumes complete control, and Mayer will have to respond very quickly.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 2-0 - BREAK! Berdych breaks serve at the very first opportunity in the second set, and he lets fly with two quite brilliant forehand passing shots! Mayer is looking out of this already.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 1-0 - Berdych holds serve with the utmost ease to get going in the second set, and Mayer is far too sloppy as he goes wide with two forehands. The Czech is really stepping it up now.
- - BERDYCH 6-4 - SET! Berdych strikes superbly with a ferocious backhand down the line for a clean winner to close out the opening set with a crucial break, and Mayer simply could not match his opponent's class in the business end of the set! Berdych is a set up now after 41 minutes, and he clenches his fist in delight.
- - BERDYCH 5-4 - Berdych moves to within a game of the first set as he drives a forehand down the line and follows it up with a crisp serve down the T to close out another solid hold.
- - BERDYCH 4-4 - Mayer levels once more with a composed hold, and both players are suddenly looking much more confident on their own deliveries. This first set is very finely poised.
- - BERDYCH 4-3 - Back on serve, Berdych makes sure that he is not broken again as he finds three big first serves, and Mayer is not given a chance to get into the game. Can Mayer respond on serve too?
- - BERDYCH 3-3 - BREAK! Berdych hits straight back to level up the first set at 3-3, and the Czech responds very sharply to falling a break down in this match! He crushes a quite brilliant forehand winner to close it out.
- - BERDYCH 2-3 - BREAK! Mayer breaks serve to stun Berdych, who had previously looked so comfortable on serve! The German finds two stunning forehand winners as he leaves his opponent very frustated.
- - BERDYCH 2-2 - Mayer holds in much more impressive fashion now as he levels for 2-2, and Berdych is unable to challenge as he did in the first game of the match on his opponent's delivery.
- - BERDYCH 2-1 - It's considerably more comfortable for Berdych on serve early on, and he holds to 15 with ease once more as Mayer goes wide with two forehands.
- - BERDYCH 1-1 - It's an extremely tough hold for Mayer as he is forced to battle through an extended deuce, but he eventually recovers to fend off Berdych and fire two big serves in to hold.
- - BERDYCH 1-0 - Berdych takes the opening game with consummate ease, slamming a forehand down the line to close it out and get going at the start of this match.
- - Berdych boasts a 4-0 head-to-head record over Mayer, with eight career titles compared to the German's one. His latest win over Mayer came at the Miami Masters last year.
- - Up next on Stadium 2, sixth seed Tomas Berdych is taking on Florian Mayer of Germany, the 27th seed.
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|
|Date of Birth||05/10/1983|