|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
|J Del Potro||4||6||6||-||-|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-6 4-6 - Del Potro serves out the match in emphatic fashion, battering an ace down the centre of the court to seal it and his place in the final.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-6 4-6 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Del Potro has ended Djokovic's 22-match winning streak and booked himself a place in the Indian Wells Masters final in the process!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-6 4-5 - BREAK! Del Potro will serve for this match! The Argentine squanders a first break point with a forehand long but he quickly earns himself a second chance with a blistering winner down the line. And this time he does break! The world number seven will serve for the match after the change of ends!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-6 4-4 - Del Potro races through a comfortable service hold to level pu once again
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-6 4-3 - Del Potro earns himself another break point although Djokovic saves it when the Argentine puts a forehand into the net. And Djokovic goes on to hold when a Del Potro return drops just long
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-6 3-3 - Del Potro races through a love service hold to fully get things back on track, a huge first serve sealing the game as Djokovic can only put his return into the net
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-6 3-2 - BREAK! Del Potro is right back in this match, earning himself three break back points with a backhand winner. And although the first two go begging, he does finally break back on the third attempt when Djokovic hits into the net
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-6 3-1 - Del Potro enjoys his most comfortable hold in a while, finally finding a series of huge serves to seal the game to 15 when Djokovic puts his forehand return long down the line
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-6 3-0 - Del Potro has a chance to earn himself an immediate break back point but he puts his backhand approach shot into the net to hand Djokovic a game point instead and the world number one grabs it to seal the hold and consolidate the early break in this third set
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-6 2-0 - BREAK! The crowd are fully engaged in this match now as DelPo plays a between-the-legs shots only for Djokovic to be right there with a forehand volley winner. And the Serb goes on to break when DelPo puts an off-balance forehand into the net
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-6 1-0 - Djokovic rattles a forehand winner down the line to hold comfortably for the first game of this final set. That is only his third hold of serve since the end of the first set
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-6 - SET! This time Del Potro earns himself two set points. He can't take advantage of the first, Djokovic coming up with a great drop shot that the Argentine cannot quite get up and over the net. And Djokovic thinks he has saved the second as well when a DelPo cross court forehand is called wide. But it's over-ruled by the umpire, the point is replayed and this time Djokovic hits into the net. Del Potro has levelled up at one set all!
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 4-5 - Djokovic dumps a forehand into the net to allow Del Potro a small glimmer of hope at 40-30 but the Serb quickly shuts off the opportunity and holds. Del Potro will have one more chance to serve out the set
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 3-5 - BREAK! Ouch! After all that hard work, Del Potro throws it all away by failing to serve out the set. The Argentine swings his racquet in disgust after an error sees him concede his serve. He still has a break cushio, however, and Djokovic will have to serve to stay in the set next
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-5 - BREAK! Del Potro is all over the Djokovic serve at the moment, and he breaks for a third time in this set to leave himself serving to level the match
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-4 - Del Potro runs around the ball and drills a forehand straight down the line to hold to 15 and maintain his advantage in this set
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 2-3 - Djokovic responds with his easiest service hold in a while, racing through an angry game to remain just the one break down and keep the pressure on Del Potro in this second set
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 1-3 - Del Potro squanders a chance to hold and consolidate the break when he slaps down a double fault. But he quickly fashions himself a second chance. And this time he does hold, pushing Djokovic wide on the backhand wing before racing up the court to put away the shorter ball with a forehand winner down the line
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 1-2 - BREAK! Fantastic from Del Potro as he stands his ground on the baseline and immediately re-establishes his break lead, stepping up to a marginally shorter ball from Djokovic and battering an off-backhand winner across court and down the line right into the corner
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 1-1 - BREAK! DelPo dumps a forehand into the net to hand Djokovic an immediate break back point. And, unlike the Argentine, Djokovic only needs the one chance to break and seals it when DelPo hits another error
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 0-1 - BREAK! Del Potro gets down low to a forehand volley from Djokovic and sends his reply whizzing across court for a backhand passing shot winner to bring up two break points. The first goes begging when he hits a return into the net but he does get the break at the second attempt with a forehand winner
- - Del Potro is having some blisters attended to on the ball of his right foot during the change of ends in between these sets. It's going to be tough for the Argentine now; a set down and struggling with blisters
- - DJOKOVIC 6-4 - SET! Del Potro saves a first set point with a foray into the net and a neat stop volley but he hands Djokovic a second chance just a couple of points later when he puts a regulation forehand into the net. And this time Djokovic takes full advantage of the set point, Del Potro dumping a forehand into the net
- - DJOKOVIC 5-4 - Djokovic battles through a tough service hold but eventually comes through when Del Potro puts a forehand into the net. The Argentine will have to serve to stay in the set after the change of ends
- - DJOKOVIC 4-4 - Del Potro saves a break point with a series of huge ground-strokes eventually drawing the forehand into the net from Djokovic. And he also saves a second with a huge off-forehand winner across court. But Djokovic earns himself a third with a stretched forehand volley winner after drawing DelPo out of position. But Del Potro saves it again with a forehand winner and from there he goes on to hold by finally finding a good first serve
- - DJOKOVIC 4-3 - A couple of huge forehands from Djokovic, one across court followed by one down the line, put Del Potro on the back foot and off balance. And its an easy off-forehand winner across court from Djokovic off the shorter ball to seal the hold to 15
- - DJOKOVIC 3-3 - The world number one slices a backhand long of the baseline as DelPo holds from deuce to get things back on level terms again
- - DJOKOVIC 3-2 - Much better from Djokovic this time around as he races through a love service hold, sealing the game with an ace
- - DJOKOVIC 2-2 - Del Potro is furious with himself with he slaps an off-forehand wide across court off a poor return from Djokovic. But the Argentine was 30-0 up at the time and goes on to hold with no further problems
- - DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Djokovic comes another fairly tough service hold but does so with some solid ground-strokes from the baseline, eventually drawing the error from Del Potro. Not exactly a sterling start from either play
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 - DelPo "does a Berdych" and sends a smash into the bottom of the net at the same end that the Czech made such a mess of his at the end of the Nadal match. But the Argentine was comfortably ahead in the game and quickly makes amends by holding to get his side of the scoreboard ticking over
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Djokovic comes through a fairly tough opening service hold finally finding a penetrating first serve out wide that DelPo cannot return in play
- - The players are just about ready to go and it will be Djokovic to get the clash underway by serving first ...
- - These two have met each other on 10 previous occasions with Djokovic leading the head-to-heads with an overwhelming win-loss record of 10-2. Those two victories for DelPo came in 2011 (in a Davis Cup match when Djokovic retired a set and a break down) and at the London Olympics last year
- - Del Potro has also made a pretty good start to the year, winning in Rotterdam in early February. But he did need three sets to come past Andy Murray in the quarter-finals yesterday
- - Djokovic is on a 22 match winning streak to get the 2013 season underway including titles at the Australian Open and in Dubai a couple of weeks ago. And he stormed past Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in yesterday's quarter-finals. He needed just 53 minutes to secure that win, a match in which he hit zero, yep zero, unforced errors
- - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage of the second Indian Wells Masters semi-final between world number one Novak Djokovic and world number seven Juan Martin Del Potro
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||23/09/1988|