|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Federer has Dodig chasing all over the court as he brings up match point - two of them, in fact - and yet another double fault from the Croat gifts Roger the match! In inglorious end to what had at least been a decent first set from Dodig. Congratulations to Federer though... it was never in any doubt, was it?
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-1 - Federer inches closer to victory as he seals another service game, although he is taken to deuce this time. Still, the outcome is the same, and Dodig will now have to serve to stay in the match.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-1 - Dodig gets a cheer from the crowd as he gets a '1' nest to his name on the scoreboard and puts a halt to Roger's run of games. It's surely too late to stage a miracle comeback now though.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-0 - The sun has completely disappeared from the blue bit of the court now - just the umpire's chair remains lit up - and the sun also seems to be setting on Dodig's involvement in this tournament. Federer seals his seventh straight game with a lob that Dodig tries to return between his legs but fails, following an impudent Roger drop shot that put the Croat on the ropes in the first place.
- - FEDERER 6-3 3-0 - BREAK! What a wonderful forehand winner from Federer. He just opens up his body and lets rip crosscourt to level at 30-30! Then he repeats the feat with a beautiful backhand down the line to bring up break point... Dodig double faults and Fed takes his sixth straight game.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-0 - Federer has definitely upped his game now as he delights the crowd to win the game to 15 and take a two-game lead in the second set. Dodig has a mountain to climb now, if he is to get back into this match. You fear he doesn't stand a chance.
- - FEDERER 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! This is a shame, but almost inevitable. Dodig seems to lose his concentration after having battled so willingly for so long during the opening set and Federer continues his run of won games with the first of the second set.
- - FEDERER 6-3 - SET! Roger has a set point but Dodig decides to pull out an outrageous drop shot under big pressure to save it! Brilliant shot from the Croat! But Federer aces to bring up a second chance to claim the opening stanza straight away... again he doesn't take it as a leaping backhand smash hits the net! A third chances goes begging before Fed booms down his fifth ace and claims the set soon after another powerful serve!
- - FEDERER 5-3 - BREAK! An excellent forehand, crosscourt drive from Dodig makes Roger work and he can only send back a weak return before a pair of loose shots from each player sees the scoreboard tick over to 30-30. A double fault at the worst possible time though hands Roger a break point... and a second one gifts Federer the break through! That couldn't have worked out worse for the Croat!
- - FEDERER 4-3 - Dodig looks to have a chance of making a breakthrough at 30-30 but Roger edges ahead before well-placed overhead smash gives him the game. Still on serve in this opening set at Indian Wells Tennis Garden!
- - FEDERER 3-3 - Dodig again holds his own - and his serve - to level once again as late afternoon shadows creep across the court. You do feel, though, that Roger will up a gear soon...
- - FEDERER 3-2 - Federer advances to the net in menacing style at 30-15 up and smashes back past Dodig to set up game point. But he can't finish the job at the first time of asking as he sends a forehand long. He does on the next point though as Dodig fires one out.
- - FEDERER 2-2 - Excellent service game from Dodig, who really sends out a message of intent as he takes it to love! The Croat must be pleased to have started in such solid fashion against an opponent as imposing as Federer.
- - FEDERER 2-1 - Roger, sporting an orange shirt and white shorts today, fires down an ace to go 30-0 up before he thunders down a second to clinch the game.
- - FEDERER 1-1 - Dodig wins his first two service points, Federer firing a backhand way out on the second, before the Swiss hits back to level at 30-30 with a fantastically disguised drop shot that leaves Dodig for dead. But Roger then hits one out and Dodig goes on to claim his first game of the match.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Solid start as expected from the Swiss master, as he claims the opener without any fuss at all.
- - FEDERER 0-0 - Here we go then! Roger to serve first on a sun-kissed Court 1!
- - FEDERER - Up next on Stadium 1 is reigning champion Roger Federer, kicking off his title defence against Ivan Dodig.
|Date of Birth||02/01/1985|
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|