|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - TSONGA 7-6 7-6 - TSONGA WINS THROUGH! After a bizarre, tipsy-turvy second set, Tsonga eventually whitewashes Fish in the tie-breaker with a ruthless and brilliant display of aggressive hitting, and the eighth seed comes through to seal his place in the fourth round. Tsonga wins in impressive fashion, despite an early slip up at the start of the second set. He will next take on Milos Raonic in the fourth round. Drawsheet
- - TSONGA 7-6 6-6 (5-0) - This tie-break looks to be extremely one-sided as Tsonga romps into a 5-0 lead, and Fish commits two poor unforced errors as he appears to lack conviction and confidence in the breaker again.
- - TSONGA 7-6 6-6 - We're into a second tie-breaker on Stadium 1! Fish does well to forget his failings in the set and to hold his poise to serve out his final service game, and he will need to be considerably more clinical in this second tie-break of the match.
- - TSONGA 7-6 6-5 - Tsonga suddenly looks very confident and assured on his own serve, and he holds to lead for the first time in the second set. Fish really needs to get a grip now or the match will be over as he prepares to serve.
- - TSONGA 7-6 5-5 - BREAK! Fish is really struggling to hold his composure when in front in this match, and yet again he squanders the opportunity to seal his advantage as he fails to close out the second set. We're back on terms again!
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-5 - BREAK! Would you believe it? After having hauled himself back level after being two breaks down, Tsonga slips behind once again as Fish capitalises on some sluggish serving from the Frenchman to restore his advantage! Can he now serve out?
- - TSONGA 7-6 4-4 - BREAK! What a turnaround in this second set! Tsonga breaks back for the second time to get back on terms, and Fish lets a 4-0 advantage slip to allow the Frenchman to get right back in it. What a resurgence from Tsonga!
- - TSONGA 7-6 3-4 - Tsonga moves to within a game of his opponent as he holds serve to further reduce his arrears, but it is only after a tough game that he comes through an extended deuce with a big serve outwide.
- - TSONGA 7-6 2-4 - BREAK! Suddenly Tsonga is clawing his way back into the set as he breaks back to reduce the hefty deficit with two scorching forehands the highlights. Fish is looking hesitant now and he must continue to play aggressively to close out the set.
- - TSONGA 7-6 1-4 - Finally, Tsonga gets on the board in this second set with a very comfortable hold to love, and it belies the pressure he has been under on serve earlier in the set. Fish is now looking to close out the set on serve, but Tsonga refuses to make it easy.
- - TSONGA 7-6 0-4 - The crowd inside Stadium 1 erupt as Fish closes out a tough service game from deuce to establish a commanding four-game cushion, and they are desperate to see this match go into a decider, with their man brimming with confidence now.
- - TSONGA 7-6 0-3 - BREAK! What has happened to Tsonga? The Frenchman continues to play very lethargically at the start of this second set, and he's already three games down to Fish, who is playing a blinder all of a sudden. The American is going for broke with his returns, and it's paying off!
- - TSONGA 7-6 0-2 - Fish consolidates his break of serve with a solid hold after slipping 15-30 down, and he roars back to take it and assume a two-game cushion at the start of the second set. His serve is looking to be in good order once more.
- - TSONGA 7-6 0-1 - BREAK! What a start to the second set from Fish, who immediately responds to slipping a set down by breaking Tsonga in ruthless fashion! He finds the line with a backhand passing shot, and peppers the back of the court with groundstrokes.
- - TSONGA 7-6 - SET! After having saved five break points over the course of the set, Tsonga finds two huge aces in quick succession to close out the tie-break 7-4 to punish Fish for some sloppy play in the breaker! Tsonga has the advantage after a gruelling 64 minute opening set.
- - TSONGA 6-6 (5-4) - Fish moves into the ascendancy in the tie-break at 4-2 up, only to rather sloppily plant a forehand in the net, go wide with another, before a double fault gives Tsonga the advantage!
- - TSONGA 6-6 - It's Fish's turn to be frustrated as he plants a tame forehand into the net with the game evenly poised at 15-15, and Tsonga goes on to hold and to take this opening set into a tie-break.
- - TSONGA 5-6 - There remains nothing between this pair as both players continue to hold serve with consummate ease after a few early scares. The 32nd seed again moves in front and can have another go at breaking Tsonga.
- - TSONGA 5-5 - Tsonga fires two brutal forehands down the line to breach Fish's defences, and the American even holds his hands up as the Frenchman sends a blistering forehand cross court to close out the game.
- - TSONGA 4-5 - Fish moves to within a break of the opening set as he holds for 5-4, and he finds two deft forehands into the corners as Tsonga is left frustrated after having moved in front at 0-15. He now needs to hold to level.
- - TSONGA 4-4 - Tsonga levels once more as the eighth seed slams a forehand down the line dismissively after moving in court to follow up a powerful backhand. It's a gorgeous day in Indian Wells and the players are sat under umbrellas in the shade at the changeover.
- - TSONGA 3-4 - After 38 minutes this opening set is still extremely finely poised, and Fish edges in front once more with a solid hold to 30. The 32nd seed moves ahead again, with the pressure back on Tsonga.
- - TSONGA 3-3 - Tsonga holds with a ferocious forehand down the line to close it out after a quite exquisite backhand passing shot from Fish, and this first set continues to go with serve.
- - TSONGA 2-3 - Fish is tested slightly more than previously as he is twice outfoxed moving in court by Tsonga, who finds powerful winners on each occasion. But the American comes through to hold and lead once more.
- - TSONGA 2-2 - It's tough for Tsonga again as he looks to hold, but he manages to come through from 30-30 with two big first serves. Fish is applying real pressure on his opponent's serve, but he has had no reward thus far.
- - TSONGA 1-2 - Fish moves ahead once more with another composed hold, and the American is looking much more confident on his delivery than Tsonga early on. It's a glorious day once again, with temperatures around 24 degrees right now.
- - TSONGA 1-1 - The Frenchman holds with a flourish as he pounds a huge ace down the T to close out his opening service game after deuce, having had to save a break point at 30-40 under pressure from his opponent.
- - TSONGA 0-1 - Fish holds very comfortably to begin the match as he finds three big first serves to get going. There are very few spectators in Stadium 1 right now, but it's gradually building. Sharapova is on next, with Djokovic after that - will be full then!
- - Tsonga holds a 3-0 head-to-head record over the 31-year-old American, with their last meeting in the last 16 at Wimbledon last year. Tsonga has 10 career titles to Fish's six.
- - First, eighth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga takes on Mardy Fish of the USA on Stadium 1, with the entertaining Frenchman looking to kick off the day in style against a very tough opponent who, seeded 32nd, will be seeking an upset.
|Date of Birth||09/12/1981|
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|