|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - BERDYCH 5-7 7-6(3) 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Berdych serves out with back-to-back aces, his 10th and 11th of the match, to wrap things up. Next up for Berdych will be the winner between 25th seeded Fernando Verdasco and Alejandro Falla. Miami drawsheet
- - BERDYCH 5-7 7-6(3) 5-2 - Gimeno-Traver does brilliantly well to hold from 15-30 down and force Berdych to serve out the match after the change of ends
- - BERDYCH 5-7 7-6(3) 5-1 - In a nice contrast to the last few service games from the Czech, Berdych races through an easy service hold to leave Gimeno-Traver serving to stay in this match.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 7-6(3) 4-1 - BREAK! A tiring game from Gimeno-Traver hands Berdych another two break points. The Spaniard saves the first with an angled cross court forehand doing enough to push Berdych out of position and drawing the error. But the Czech does secure the double break at the second attempt when Gimeno-Traver nets a forehand.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 7-6(3) 3-1 - Gimeno-Traver finds himself 15-30 up against the Berdych serve with a chance to get back into the match once again. But again he fails to break, in fact he doesn't even get a break point this time, as Berdych goes on to hold when the Spaniard puts what should be a fairly regulation forehand into the net
- - BERDYCH 5-7 7-6(3) 2-1 - Gimeno-Traver gets his third set account underway, holding with a big first serve of his own that Berdych can only return into the net.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 7-6(3) 2-0 - Berdych completely loses concentration in the early stages of the game, quickly handing Gimeno-Traver two break back points. The Spaniard is unable to take advantage of either of them, hitting into the net on the first while Berdych saves the second with a huge first serve. The Czech then goes on to hold, with another big serve, and consolidate the early break
- - BERDYCH 5-7 7-6(3) 1-0 - BREAK! Gimeno-Traver saves a first break point by running around the ball and firing a forehand winner down the line but overall the Spaniard is struggling with frustration after dropping that second set. And a double fault on the very next point hands Berdych the early break in this final set. It's a long way back for Gimeno-Traver now, after that disappointing game.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 7-6(3) SET! Berdych only needs the one set point as Gimeno-Traver again hits a forehand into the net, this time going for the down the line shot. The match is level at one set apeice with the decisive third set to come. And you get the feeling that this is Berdych's match for the taking now.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 6-6 (6-3) - TIE-BREAK! Gimeno-Traver took the opening point of the breaker when he forehand caught the top of the tape and literally roled over the net to drop for the perfect drop shot. The Spaniard threw in a few tight points after that, however, and his latest (a forehand into the net) hands Berdych three set points...
- - BERDYCH 5-7 6-6 - A tie-break it will be as Gimeno-Traver overcomes a nervy opening point, when he goes for Berdych's backhand only to miss the court, to hold without any more drama.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 6-5 - Another quick and easy service hold from Berdych and Gimeno-Traver will have to serve once again to keep this set alive and take it into a tie-break.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 5-5 - Gimeno-Traver shrugs off the pressure of serving to stay in the set, racing through another hold with a big serve which Berdych cannot return in play. All square once again.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 5-4 - Berdych comes through a tough service hold, slapping down a double fault to hand Gimeno-Traver a real chance at 15-30 down. But a rocket of a forehand winner across court quickly followed by an ace and a unreturnable and the Czech player holds in tricky circumstances. Gimeno-Traver will have to serve to stay in this second set after the change of ends.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 4-4 - Gimeno-Traver is bossing Berdych around the baseline, rattling a forehand winner across court to bring up a game point before holding to level up once again with an ace down the centre of the T.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 4-3 - Ace number six from Berdych seals a hold to 15 as he races through without too much trouble and slings all the pressure back over the net at Gimeno-Traver.
- - BERDYCH 5-7 3-3 - Another couple of blink-and-you'll-miss-it love service holds, first from Berdych and then from Gimeno-Traver, the latter of whom only needs 68 seconds to complete his hold, and things are all square as this set moves on apace
- - BERDYCH 5-7 2-2 - An absolutely huge forehand from Gimeno-Traver seals another comfortable service game for the Spaniard as he easily sticks with Berdych
- - BERDYCH 5-7 2-1 - Berdych struggled with his first serve in the first set, but so far so good in the early stages of the second, as he races through a love hold to sneak out in front once again
- - BERDYCH 5-7 1-1 - Gimeno-Traver also opens his second set account with a very confident hold to 15. Certainly at the moment, it is not looking as though the Spaniard will throw his lead away in this clash. Berdych is going to have to fashion the comeback if he wishes to get back into proceedings
- - BERDYCH 5-7 1-0 - Berdych opens the second set in a better way than he finished the first, holding to 15 by working his way into the net, pushing Gimeno-Traver wide on the forehand wing before putting the easy backhand volley into the open court
- - BERDYCH 5-7 - SET! Very impressive from Gimeno-Traver as he races through a love game to serve out the set, Berdych slapping a forehand return long to concede the set.
- - BERDYCH 5-6 - BREAK! A missed over-head from Berdych, the ball pulled just wide down the line, followed by a forehand wide down the line, after the Czech had run around the ball, hand Gimeno-Traver another break point. And sure enough he does secure the advantage, pushing Berdych wide on the forehand wing and drawing the forehand into the net from the fourth seed. Gimeno-Traver will serve for the opening set after the change of ends.
- - BERDYCH 5-5 - Confident serving from Gimeno-Traver as he holds to 15 with a huge first serve that Berdych can only return long.
- - BERDYCH 5-4 - While Isner has been wrapping up that breaker, Gimeno-Traver and Berdych have exchanged another hold apeice leaving the Spaniard serving to stay in this opening set.
- - BERDYCH 4-3 - Much better on serve from Berdych this time around as he races through a service hold to fully get things back on track, the Czech player firing down a huge first serve that Gimeno can only return into the net
- - BERDYCH 3-3 - BREAK! Berdych immediately gets the break back, Gimeno-Traver conceding his advantage to 30 with a forehand into the net, just like Berdych in the previous game.
- - BERDYCH 2-3 - BREAK! A loss in concentration from Berdych as he throws in a poor game just moments after almost breaking? Whatever the reason, the Czech quickly finds himself a break down after dumping a forehand (meant for down the line) into the net to concede serve to 15
- - BERDYCH 2-2 - Gimeno-Traver fails to take advantage of a first game point when he sends a forehand wide down the line and then hands Berdych a break point when he completely mis-hits a forehand off a low, sliced backhand from the Czech. Berdych fails to take advantage of the chance, though, hitting a forehand out and Gimeno-Traver goes on to hold
- - BERDYCH 2-1 - Another hold to 30 from Berdych is sealed when Gimeno-Traver puts a forehand into the top of the net in response to a deep backhand from the Czech.
- - BERDYCH 1-1 - Gimeno-Traver comes through a tough service hold from deuce, when Berdych sends a forehand long of the baseline, the Spaniard at least preventing Berdych from holding any break points in his first service game of the match
- - BERDYCH 1-0 - A comfortable enough opening service hold for Berdych as he produces an ace in the process of a hold to 30
- - Tomas Berdych's match has been moved to the Stadium court, all the other matches on Grandstand having run so long. That is just getting underway now, Berdych serving first.
|Date of Birth||07/08/1985|
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|