|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Murray is through to face the winner between 29th seed Grigor Dimitrov or Italian Simone Bolelli, who are on court and in the first set at the moment
- - MURRAY 6-3 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Very, very easy for Murray after the opening four games as he serves out to 15 with an ace down the centre of the court. Tomic barely moved for that last ball, as good a serve as it was, after not running for a very reachable forehand on the previous point.
- - MURRAY 6-3 5-1 - BREAK! Tomic hangs his head after another shockingly poor backhand return attempt, which ends in the net and draws boos from the crowd, who are clearly unimpressed by the 20-year-old. It hands Murray another break, this time to 15, and the Scot (seeded second in Miami) will serve for the match next
- - MURRAY 6-3 4-1 - In direct contract to Tomic's double fault, Murray completes a comfortable service hold with back-to-back aces, numbers six and seven respectively, to consolidate the break and leave himself potentially just two games from the third round
- - MURRAY 6-3 3-1 - BREAK! Murray tracks back for a lob from Tomic, hoiks the ball over his right shoulder to keep the rally alive at least and comes out on top when the Aussie slaps his overhead into the top of the net (despite letting it bounce) and seeing it go wide. That lets Murray into the game at 15-30 up, while back-to-back double faults from the Aussie hand Murray the break.
- - MURRAY 6-3 2-1 - Another comfortable hold for Murray as Tomic skies an attempted return and draws a shout of "wahey" from sections of the crowd! That won't help the tetchy Australian's mood!
- - MURRAY 6-3 1-1 - Back-to-back forehands long of the baseline followed by a double fault hand Murray a break point after Tomic had looked to be cruising at 40-15 up. The Australian saves it with a forehand winner, however, before going on to hold with a forehand winner down the line after running around the ball
- - MURRAY 6-3 1-0 - Murray races through a service hold to love, setting up the hold with an ace before sealing it with another big serve out wide that Tomic cannot return in play
- - MURRAY 6-3 - SET! Murray snatches the first set after a solid enough backhand that Tomic returns into the net. The story of that set was the 20 unforced errors from the Australian compared to only seven from Murray. The Scot only really had to wait for Tomic to crumble, which he did after failing to break in the fourth game.
- - MURRAY 5-3 - Murray has little trouble in racking up another service hold, Tomic bouncing his racquet off the court after another forehand error. The Australian will have to serve to stay in this opening set next, amid little or no atmosphere from the crowd. This match has yet to really get going as far as the spectators are concerned
- - MURRAY 4-3 - Much better from Tomic as he holds for the loss of just the one point to stop the run of games against him. That was more like how he started the match, sealing the game with a huge serve out wide that Murray could only return into the bottom of the net
- - MURRAY 4-2 - Murray races through a service hold to consolidate the break in this opening set as Tomic hits yet another forehand error. The Australian always has a relaxed way of playing but there are times when it comes across that he doesn't really care to be on court much
- - MURRAY 3-2 - BREAK! Ouch! A shockingly poor service game from the Aussie, who won 76 consecutive service holds to open the year. He slams a forehand wide down the line to basically hand Murray the opening break of this match and that is more like the lackadaisical Tomic we were seeing towards the end of last year.
- - MURRAY 2-2 - Murray is forced early on to save two break points. Tomic squanders the first with an error while Murray saves the second with a spot of serve and volley, a sliced backhand shot down the line setting up the easy backhand volley winner across court. Tomic earns himself a third chance but again it goes begging with a forehand wide down the line and Murray goes on to hold
- - MURRAY 1-2 - Tomic also holds to 30, Murray putting a forehand into the middle of the net as this match starts in undramatic conditions
- - MURRAY 1-1 - A solid enough service hold from Murray to open his account, the Scot holding to 30 when Tomic puts a forehand wide down the line
- - MURRAY 0-1 - A very impressive opening service hold from Tomic as he holds to love, sealing the hold with his second ace straight down the centre of the court
|Date of Birth||21/10/1992|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|