|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 6-1 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Murray flicks a squash-like forehand across court and into the corner to earn himself two match points. He only needs the one, however, finding another forehand winner to book his place in the final against David Ferrer.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 6-1 5-2 - BREAK! Murray is just physically and mentally stronger than Gasquet now as he breaks for a second time in this final set, the Frenchman putting a lethargic forehand into the net to concede. Murray will serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 6-1 4-2 - Gasquet completely mis-hits his backhand return, making it tricky for Murray with the looping ball landing just inside the baseline. Murray puts it back on the angle, Gasquet returning with a drop shot. But Murray was lightning fast to get up to the net and sends a forehand whistling across court for the angled passing shot winner and he seals the hold to 15.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 6-1 3-2 - Murray steps up inside the baseline to a Gasquet serve and thumps a backhand return down the line for a winner. But the Frenchman does manage to hold this time, keeping the pressure on Murray. Yes, he's still a break down but he has broken the Scot's serve on three occasions so already today.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 6-1 3-1 - This time Murray successfully holds to consolidate the break, no real drama in that game for the Scot and he has the momentum once again.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 6-1 2-1 - BREAK! Murray slips slightly out wide on the baseline as Gasquet earns himself a couple of game points. But the Frenchman can take advantage of neither of them and Murray quickly has himself another break point. And this time it is Gasquet who slips on the baseline, the Frenchman netting his forehand as a result. Murray is back in front once more.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 6-1 1-1 - BREAK! Just when it was looking like Murray had Gasquet beaten, the Scot throws in a very poor game once again. He bookends the game with a pair of double faults, despite the Frenchman looking tentative in the middle when chasing down a drop shot from Murray and pushing his backhand response wide down the line. We are back on serve in this final set.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 6-1 1-0 - BREAK! Gasquet, under immediate pressure from Murray, completely skies a regulation backhand across court to hand the Scot two early break points in this second set. Murray is just too solid for the Frenchman at the moment though, Gasquet ending a burgeoning rally with another backhand long to concede the break at the first attempt.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 6-1 - Gasquet is having an injury timeout during the change of ends between sets. It's for attention to his right foot, although not so much for treatment as an adjustment to some tape already on the ball of his foot - presumably due to blisters.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 6-1 - SET! Murray romps through a love service hold, serving out the set with an ace straight down the centre of the court. That was a much better set of tennis from the Scot, who has levelled this match and forced the decisive third set.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 5-1 - BREAK! An exquisite backhand lob is judged to perfection from Murray, the Scot landing the ball just inside the baseline when Gasquet indulges in a spot of serve and volley. It brings up another two break points, although Murray takes the game on the first, Gasquet netting a backhand. And Murray will serve for the second set.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 4-1 - Gasquet smacks his racquet on the bottom of his shoes in frustration after missing another forehand across court. Murray eases through a hold 15 to consolidate the break and leave himself firmly in control of the second set. It is still only the one break though.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 3-1 - BREAK! Both these players are producing some stunning tennis now as they have a flicked forehand cross court exchange with both playing from outside the regulation singles court (in the tramlines or wider). It is Gasquet that comes out on top with an insanely angled winner but a backhand error hands Murray two break points. The Scot only needs the one, getting a little help from the net for the perfect drop shot. He did have the open court though after pushing Gasquet wide.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 2-1 - Murray comes through a tough service game, eventually holding from deuce when Gasquet goes for another barn-storming backhand winner but not quite being able to pull it off.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 1-1 - Gasquet also opens his serving in the second set in a comfident manner, Murray ending the game with an error this time. It's a hold to 15 for the Frenchman as well.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) 1-0 - A much better start to the second set from Murray than he either started or finished the first. The Scot posts a service hold to 15 to get his account underway, Gasquet netting a forehand return to end the game.
- - MURRAY 6-7(3) - SET! Murray steps inside the baseline after a decent second serve and appears to have control of the point against Gasquet. But the Scot pulls his cross court backhand approach shot wide in to the tramlines (about halfway across the tramlines too) and Gasquet does have the opening set of this clash.
- - MURRAY 6-6 (3-5) TIE-BREAK! Even Gasquet is left shaking his head after he flicks a backhand half-volley down the line for the perfect winner into the corner. He is just two points away from taking this first set now.
- - MURRAY 6-6 (1-4) - TIE-BREAK! Gasquet flicks a forehand approach shot across court and then goes back behind Murray, making his own trip into the net after being pulled in to the middle of the court by the angle of the Frenchman's shot. Fantastic play from Gasquet who is bossing this breaker with ease.
- - MURRAY 6-6 - Murray has little trouble in holding when serving to keep the set alive, sealing the game with a deep forehand right on to the baseline that Gasquet can only net in return. This set will be decided by a tie-break.
- - MURRAY 5-6 - Just minutes after serving for the first set, Murray is now preparing to serve to stay in it as Gasquet holds to 15 with an easy trip into the net and a smash winner after pushing his opponent wide with an offensive cross court forehand.
- - MURRAY 5-5 - BREAK! Gasquet spent the whole change of ends yelling at the umpire and looked out of this set having been broken so emphatically by Murray in the previous game. But Murray's first serve completely deserted him there, the Scot handing Gasquet three break back points with a forehand error. But in the end it's a double fault that sees Murray concede his serve. That was a poor, poor game.
- - MURRAY 5-4 - BREAK! Murray is a completely different player from the first three games of the set as he rips another inside-out forehand across court for a winner on his way to two more break points. But he only needs the one as Gasquet sends a forehand of his own sailing out of play. The Scot has the break advantaage and he will serve for the opening set after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 4-4 - Murray is really firing on serve now, easing out to a 40-0 lead before Gasquet manages to get on the board with a great length forehand right at the feet of the retreating Murray. It's the only point the Scot drops in the game though as Gasquet sends a forehand long to help Murray hold.
- - MURRAY 3-4 - Gasquet slaps down a double fault to allow Murray back into what should have been a comfortable game for the Frenchman. Instead he finds himself at 40-30 and preparing to hit a second serve (after missing the first). But Murray can do nothing with his second serve return and Gasquet escapes any real pressure, instead holding to 30.
- - MURRAY 3-3 - Despite a double fault. Murray gets things fully back on level terms, rattling off three aces in quick succession to hold for the loss of just that one point.
- - MURRAY 2-3 - BREAK! Murray, this time, finds a moment of inspiration, flicking a forehand winner down the line at full stretch. It helps him on his way to three break back points. The Scot only needs the one though as Gasquet puts down a slightly slower second serve that Murray has little trouble in punishing.
- - MURRAY 1-3 - Murray launches himself into an off-forehand across court, which pays off as it goes for a winner to bring up two game points. The first goes begging but the Scot does get off the mark at the second attempt when he finds his first ace of the match.
- - MURRAY 0-3 - Gasquet is unlikely to ever play better than he is right now as he whips another backhand passing shot winner down the line on his way to a second love service hold, this one consolidating his early break. He is out to a 3-0 lead already, the Frenchman.
- - MURRAY 0-2 - BREAK! Murray is clearly testing out the Frenchman a little in his opening service game and Gasquet makes him pay, pushing the Scot all the way to deuce before earning himself an early break point with a forehand winner with an injection of pace across court. Murray makes a trip into the net in a bit to save the break point but a moment of brilliance from Gasquet seals it as he rattles a spectacular backhand passing shot winner down the line
- - MURRAY 0-1 - Gasquet opens in a pretty confident manner, holding to love in double quick time.
- - The players are just about ready and it will be Richard Gasquet to get the clash underway by serving first...
- - Of all those seven meetings, Gasquet is 2-0 up against Murray. Although, admittedly, they have not met on a hard court since 2007 - at the Paris Masters.
- - Murray and Gasquet have played each other seven times before, with Murray narrowly leading the head-to-heads by four wins to three. Gasquet won their first two meetings (at the Toronto Masters and Paris Masters in 2006 and 2007 respectively), Murray won his first at Wimbledon in 2008 before handing Gasquet a walkover victory in Dubai the following year. Murray won at Roland Garros in 2010 and Wimbledon in 2011. And last year saw them split the wins - Gasquet in Rome and Murray at Roland Garros.
- - In the first semi-final, Tommy Haas finally ran out of steam against David Ferrer. The Spaniard put an end to Haas's giant-killing run when he can back from a set down to win 4-6 6-2 6-3. Ferrer ends Haas run in Key Biscayne
- - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage from the second semi-final of the Miami Masters, between second seed Andy Murray and world number 10 Richard Gasquet.
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|