|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 6-4 6-3 - GAME, SET, MATCH! - Cilic again clings on, evading two break points for deuce and three more after, making it six failed match points from Andy. But finally, finally, Murray sees the next one out and wraps up the victory.
- - MURRAY 6-4 5-3 - BREAK BACK! - Fantastic late recovery from Cilic, finally stretching the energetic legs of Murray to drop shot a rescue of a match-point before showing some class in breaking from deuce. Muzza will get another serve for the quarter-final, however, if he doesn't do the job next on Cilic's own serve.
- - MURRAY 6-4 5-2 - BREAK! - Looks like Cilic has given up the chase. Murray ruthlessly breaks him in four tame points and will serve for the match.
- - MURRAY 6-4 4-2 - Murray keeps control of the set, and the contest, with a hold to 15. New balls now and Andy also switches to a brand-spanking-new-racquet. With it, he'll look to close out the match.
- - MURRAY 6-4 3-2 - Confidence-boosting hold from Cilic, especially as Murray scavenges his way to an initial break point with some ridiculous rescue shots before the Croat takes it from deuce.
- - MURRAY 6-4 3-1 - In a match which so far has seen either one player or both not at the races at any given point, both serve up a 15-minute epic fourth game in the second. But though Cilic has three break points, he fails to convert any and Murray is able to outlast him for the hold.
- - MURRAY 6-4 2-1 - Cilic is able to get more behind the serve in game three and avoids being drawn into the rallies which are costing him service points by the truckload thus far. That's good enough for his first hold of the set.
- - MURRAY 6-4 2-0 - Murray holds just as briskly and looks good value to sweep through to the semis having recovered from the slow start.
- - MURRAY 6-4 1-0 - BREAK! - Quick and painless break of serve for Muzza, as Cilic grows increasingly frustrated with his forehands. A change of tack is likely needed sooner rather than later.
- - MURRAY 6-4 - SET! - And in comprehensive style, Murray takes the 10th game. It was a ropey start from the Brit but Cilic has not exactly tried to take the bull by the horns, either.
- - MURRAY 5-4 - BREAK! - At first glance it's looking like option one. Murray is getting better and better out there after that torrid start and a lovely cross-court finish caps an almost effortless break to 15. He will now serve for the opening set.
- - MURRAY 4-4 - Murray's best game so far as he looks more like his smooth and alert best in holding to 15. The question now is has he finished his warm-up or are there more shaky games to come?
- - MURRAY 3-4 - Great winner from Murray to take the first point of game seven, but otherwise he is unable to really breach Cilic and the Croatian too completes a very important, necessary hold as far as he is concerned.
- - MURRAY 3-3 - Finally Andy finds comfort in serve and more importantly, the power necessary to force the issue with a hold to 15.
- - MURRAY 2-3 - BREAK BACK! - A break-back-back-back, you could say, and thus far neither Murray nor Cilic has taken the initiative in a very sloppy first set. Break to 30 allows Murray another crack a parity, though he has yet to hold his serve so far.
- - MURRAY 1-3 - BREAK BACK! - Three straight breaks of serve and Murray finds himself behind the pace again in the opening set. A late challenge is more in hope than expectation and Cilic is two games up once more.
- - MURRAY 1-2 - BREAK BACK! - Better from Murray as Cilic continues to be brittle with ball in hand and this time Muzza only drops one point from a triple-breaker. Authorative stuff and if he can repeat the trick in serve up next he's back to a blank canvas.
- - MURRAY 0-2 -BREAK! - The lethargic beginning for Murray continues as he stays a step behind the pace of game two at all times, allowing Cilic to, unlike the Brit in the first, close it out and seal the first break of the quarter.
- - MURRAY 0-1 - Frustrating start for Murray as though he races into a triple break point against a nercy-looking Cilic, the Croat battles back to deuce and rescues a fourth break point from there en route to finally holding.
- - Cilic has first serve... and here we go!
19:15 - We will be underway in just a few moments. in the meantime follow me on Twitter @liamhappe and the website too @eurosportcom_en
19:10 - Their last meeting was in the quarters of last year's US Open, which of course Murray would go on to win. The score was 3-6 7-6 6-2 6-0.
19:05 - Scotland's Murray is now the highest-ranked player left in the draw with Novak Djokovic ousted in a shocker by Tommy Haas. Tennis - Haas stuns Djokovic, Murray through
19:00 - Good evening and welcome to Eurosport's LIVE Miami tennis coverage as Andy Murray looks to complete the first of a now-three-step process to glory at the Miami Masters. Standing in his way is ninth seed Martin Cilic.
|Date of Birth||28/09/1988|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|