|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for the third seed Ferrer will be either compatriot Albert Ramos or Austrian Jurgen Melzer, who are on court and locked at one set all in the early stages of the third set. Miami drawsheet.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Ouch! A double fault from Nishikori, the first serve going wide and the second into the net, and David Ferrer books his place in the quarter-finals at the first attempt.
- - FERRER 6-4 5-2 - A couple of forehands long from Nishikori, one down the line and one down the centre of the court, do not help his cause as Ferrer holds to 15 with a huge approach shot that the Japanese can only return long. Nishikori will have to serve to stay in this match after the change of ends
- - FERRER 6-4 4-2 - Nishikori saves a break point with a blistering backhand down the line, the Japanese player stepping inside the baseline for that one which Ferrer can only net in reply. The Japanese player does hold from there though, Ferrer sending consecutive forehands long.
- - FERRER 6-4 4-1 - Not too much trouble for Ferrer as he holds when a forehand goes astray from Nishikori. That's the break consolidated by the Spaniard, who is now potentially just two games away the quarter-finals.
- - FERRER 6-4 3-1 - BREAK! Nishikori tries to go toe-to-toe with Ferrer from the baseline but, perhaps unsurprisingly comes off second best, the Spaniard racing across the baseline to riffle a forehand down the line. Nishikori almost chases it down but can not get the ball back in play and is left almost on his knees after that gruelling rally.
- - FERRER 6-4 2-1 - Ferrer holds without too much trouble once again, Nishikori twisting his whole body on a cross court forehand and as a result pulling the ball wide into the tramlines.
- - FERRER 6-4 1-1 - Good work from Nishikori as he holds despite dropping the first point of the game when he put a forehand into the net despite having all the time in the world to hit. He quickly makes amends though with a series of good serves.
- - FERRER 6-4 1-0 - Ferrer, with a change of shirt, from blue to white, races through the opening game of the second set. The Spaniard fires down an ace to seal the hold and sling all the pressure back over the net at Nishikori. The Japanese player really needs a hold in this next game.
- - FERRER 6-4 - SET! Nishikori earns himself a game point with a delightful flicked backhand winner across court, that he actually apologises for as it was slightly unintentional. But he is pushed deep by Ferrer on the next point and nets a low backhand as a result. A double fault then hands Ferrer another set point and, although the Spaniard cannot take advantage of this one, he does break for the set just a couple of points later when Nishikori goes long with a forehand.
- - FERRER 5-4 - BREAK! Ferrer is furious with a linesman after he calls a ball out only to correct himself almost immediately. Ferrer thought he had Nishikori on the run there, and to be fair he probably did, but they have to replay the point and the Spaniard is undone by a ferocious forehand winner down the line from Nishikori. And Ferrer only gets more angry when he nets a forehand to concede his break advantage.
- - FERRER 5-3 - Solid work from the Japanese player as he holds with a minimum of fuss to force Ferrer to serve out for the first set.
- - FERRER 5-2 - Nishikori is definitely getting more into this match now as he pushes Ferrer all the way to deuce before the Spaniard holds with a series of bludgeoning ground-strokes, mostly off his forehand wing to eventually force the error from the Japanese. Nishikori will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends.
- - FERRER 4-2 - Nishikori posts another hold, although he is pushed all the way to deuce before a foray into the net. He is forces to play two volleys, he is playing David Ferrer after all, but the second is a great cross court winner to set up a game point from deuce. And from there he goes on to hold.
- - FERRER 4-1 - Nishikori pushes Ferrer a little more this service game around, but ultimately the Spaniard has too much and holds to 30 when Nishikori nets cross court forehand.
- - FERRER 3-1 - Nishikori is off the mark with a hold to 15, the Japanese finding another forehand winner. Clearly that forehand is going to be the danger area today and no doubt a side that Ferrer will be looking to avoid.
- - FERRER 3-0 - Nishikori blasts a forehand winner down the line in the perfect example of the power he can produce. But it is only a temporary respite for the Japanese as Ferrer fires over another heavy serve to seal the hold, Nishikori netting his return.
- - FERRER 2-0 - BREAK! Not a great start from the Japanese player as he immediately concedes two break points. But it only takes the one for Ferrer to take the early advantage, Nishikori netting a forehand.
- - FERRER 1-0 - The Spanish third seed is away off the mark very quickly as he eases through an opening hold to 15
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|
|Date of Birth||29/12/1989|