|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 7-5 7-6(3) - GAME, SET & MATCH! Eighth seed Richard Gasquet has booked his place in the quarter-finals with a comeback win over Almagro. The Frenchman squandered his first match point with an off-forehand wide across court. But he made no mistake on the second, finding a forehand winner and reaching the last eight, where he will play the winner between Sam Querrey and Tomas Berdych. Miami drawsheet
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 7-5 4-3 - BREAK! Gasquet has just gone a break up in the final set over on Grandstand by the way, a double fault not exactly helping Almagro's cause.
- - So this match is going to a decisive third set. We are going to shift out focus over to Stadium now where second seed Andy Murray is about to get underway against 16th seed Andreas Seppi. We will check back in on this match, though, and keep you updated with what's going on.
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 7-5 - SET! Almagro denies Gasquet on a first set point with a huge inside-out forehand across court, followed by a backhand back across into t he same place. But he can do nothing about the second and Gasquet does level the match with a forehand winner down the line after running around the ball.
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 6-5 - BREAK! An absolute gift from Almagro as he throws in a poor game to hand Gasquet the chance to serve out this second set. First the Spaniard puts a forehand long and then he slaps down a double fault to concede his serve.
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 5-5 - Gasquet races through a love service hold to make light work of serving to stay in the match. Pressure back on Almagro now, who lately has been struggling a bit on serve.
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 4-5 - Gasquet earns himself a break point with a sliced forehand drop shot. It's nothing particularly special and Almagro easily gets up to it before contriving to net his forehand reply, and handing Gasquet a break point. Almagro saves it with an ace, while Gasquet wastes a second with a forehand long. And Almagro goes on to hold. Gasquet thought he had caught the line on that final point, Almagro didn't and the Frenchman took his word. Should've challenged, the ball was in!
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 4-4 - Gasquet levels up once again without any drama, the Frenchman holding to 15 with a backhand down the line that Almagro can only net in return.
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 3-4 - Almagro does well to steady the ship at deuce after slapping a forehand long much to his frustration. But the Spaniard plays it safe in the next point and draws the error from Gasquet (a forehand long) before holding with an ace down the centre of the court (confirmed by a hawkeye challenge from Gasquet, who thought it might've dropped just wide.
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 3-3 - The opening set of this clash was played at such an intense pace that it is no surprise this set has levelled off a bit with both men mainly cruising through their service holds.
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 2-3 - Not too much trouble for Almagro as he holds once again to sneak out in front, coming up the court to a short return from Gasquet and batting the ball away for a forehand winner.
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 2-2 - Almagro is furious with himself for netting a forehand that he really could have make and it hands Gasquet a 40-30 lead on serve. And an ace right at the body of Almagro, the Spaniard only just managing to get out of the way of the ball, seals the hold for the Frenchman.
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 1-2 - Gasquet just waits a little too long to move and Almagro makes him pay the price, finding a forehand winner across court to hold to 30. That game meant a lot to Almagro, apparently, as he screams "vamos" as he heads back to the chair for the change of ends.
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 1-1 - A nice respite for Gasquet as he posts a comfortable service hold, dropping just the one point and sealing the game with a big serve that Almagro sends long on the return.
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) 0-1 - Almagro comes from behind in the game to compound the problems for Gasquet, the Spaniard going down the T with a huge first serve that Gasquet can only net in response.
- - GASQUET 6-7(3) - SET! The first set point goes begging for Almagro but he does finally wrap up the set at the second attempt, this time on his own serve, when Gasquet nets his backhand return
- - GASQUET 6-6(2-6) - TIE-BREAK! A forehand winner from Almagro extends his lead before Gasquet nets a volley to hand the Spaniard four set points...
- - GASQUET 6-6(2-4) - TIE-BREAK! A couple of stunning points from Almagro as he ekes out a mini-break lead with a backhand winner right onto the line just before the change of ends.
- - GASQUET 6-6 - A tie-break it will be as Almagro races through a love service hold of his own to level up once more.
- - GASQUET 6-5 - A couple of outstanding serves from Gasquet result in back-to-back aces for the Frenchman and a love service hold as well. That guarantees at least a tie-break for Gasquet in this opening set.
- - GASQUET 5-5 - Almagro has lost his composure a bit as he slaps a forehand long to hand Gasquet two set points. The first is saved with a lightning fast ace from the Spaniard. And he also saves the second, a forehand down the line catching the top of the tape and just causing enough problems for Gasquet who nets his forehand response. And Almagro goes on to hold with a brilliant backhand passing shot across court off a ball that is basically behind him when he hits it!
- - GASQUET 5-4 - Gasquet takes his fourth straight game on the bounce with a hold to 15 after another trip into the net and a backhand volley which Almagro can only return into the net. The Spaniard's only point in that game came off a double fault from Gasquet.
- - GASQUET 4-4 - BREAK! Almagro looks to be on course for a love service hold before Gasquet, almost unnoticed, sneaks back into it at 30-40. There's nothing unnoticed about his next shot though as he pushes Almagro increadingly wide across court before battering a change-of-direction backhand winner down the line to level at deuce. Almagro squanders a couple of game points but saves one break point before hitting a forehand wide across court to concede his serve and end a 30-plus shot rally.
- - GASQUET 3-4 - Much better again from Gasquet as he holds when Almagro fails to put his backhand return into play. The Frenchman remains a break down but he's looking much better at 3-4 than 1-4 a few minutes ago!
- - GASQUET 2-4 - BREAK! Deciding he was not getting much luck with his previous tactic of staying back, Gasquet mixes it up a little bit with a trip into the net and it pays off when Almagro nets his passing shot. A forehand long from the Spaniard hands Gasquet two break back points and sure enough the Frenchman does get the break when Almagro hits an ill-prepared forehand into the net.
- - GASQUET 1-4 - BREAK! Wow! Almagro gets down low to a backhand out wide, taking the ball in the tramlines, and drilling it across court for the winner that brings up three more break points. And Gasquet is undone by the first of them, hitting long to hand the Spaniard the double break.
- - GASQUET 1-3 - Almagro eases through another service hold. Having looked a little stroppy yesterday during his match against Goffin, the Spaniard is clearly in the mood today.
- - GASQUET 1-2 - Better from Gasquet as he starts to find his range (he was slow to start against Youzhny yesterday as well). He holds this time for the loss of just the one point, Almagro sending a return long, to get off the mark
- - GASQUET 0-2 - Almagro eases through his opening service hold, an ace helping him on his way to a hold to 30 as he consolidates the early break.
- - GASQUET 0-1 - BREAK! Almagro has made a lightening quick start to this clash, hitting right through the ball and forcing Gasquet even further behind the baseline than the Frenchman usually likes to play. As a result, he hits a couple of errors and Almagro has the early break.
- - Our next featured match will be between eighth seed Richard Gasquet and 10th seed Nicolas Almagro, which will be on court in around about half an hour. That match follows the conclusion of the Albert Ramos-Jurgen Melzer clash
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||21/08/1985|