|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So Marin Cilic is through to the quarter-finals for the first time in Miami. And there, he will face second seed Andy Murray. Miami drawsheet.
- - TSONGA 5-7 6-7(3) - GAME, SET & MATCH! The first match point goes begging for Cilic when he puts a forehand just long of the baseline. But the Croat ninth seed does wrap things up at the second attempt when Tsonga makes a trip into the net only to volley into the net.
- - TSONGA 5-7 6-6(2-6) - TIE-BREAK! Cilic earns himself four match points with a dipping forehand that Tsonga can only volley into the net...
- - TSONGA 5-7 6-6(2-4) - TIE-BREAK! Cilic takes the mini-break advantage heading into the change of ends when Tsonga fires a forehand long down the line.
- - TSONGA 5-7 6-6 - This time the Frenchman is up to the task, holding for the loss of just the one point (a double fault) and forcing the tie-break.
- - TSONGA 5-7 5-6 - Just like in the first set, Cilic holds to go 6-5 up and force Tsonga to serve to stay in it after the change of ends. The Croat seemed content just to put the ball back in play and wait for Tsonga to make a mistake. Which, to be fair, Tsonga does.
- - TSONGA 5-7 5-5 - Another comfortable service hold apeice as this second set reaches crunch point.
- - TSONGA 5-7 4-4 - Tsonga puts the disappointment of not breaking in that previous game behind him straight away and holds with a trip into the net and a forehand volley that Cilic can only send into the net when going for a running forehand passing shot down the line.
- - TSONGA 5-7 3-4 - Cilic wins five straight points to get himself back from 0-40 down to prevent Tsonga from breaking. The Frenchman is furious with himself after not doing enough with a forehand, allowing Cilic to find a forehand winner instead. And the Croat goes on to hold when Tsonga nets a forehand.
- - TSONGA 5-7 3-3 - Tsonga is much quicker on serve this time around, not having any difficulty in holding with the loss of just the one point to stop the run of games against.
- - TSONGA 5-7 2-3 - A very comfortable love service hold from Cilic sees him back-up the break in emphaic fashion and sling all the pressure back over the net at the Frenchman
- - TSONGA 5-7 2-2 - BREAK! There was a real urgency about Cilic's play in that game and he earns himself a break back point with a big inside-out forehand winner across court and into the corner. Tsonga tries to go for the big save, a forehand winner of his own, but he lets the ball drop just too long and nets his forehand instead
- - TSONGA 5-7 2-1 - Much much better from Cilic as he eases through a hold, like he was in the opening set, to get off the mark in this second set
- - TSONGA 5-7 2-0 - Cilic pushes hard in a bit to get the break back immediately. The Croat pushes him to deuce but Tsonga holds firm from there, consolidating his early break in this set when Cilic nets a forehand
- - TSONGA 5-7 1-0 - BREAK! Cilic throws in a very poor game to open the second set, handing Tsonga two break points by putting what should have been an easy smash into the bottom of the net. Only one break point is needed though as Cilic nets a forehand. Tsonga has the early advantage in this set.
- - TSONGA 5-7 - SET! Tsonga sends a forehand wide down the line, after running round the ball, to hand Cilic a first set point. The Frenchman saves flamboyant fashion, battering a series of huge forehands before leaping up to a just above shoulder height forehand volley and burying it for a winner in the open court. But Cilic earns himself a second set point and this time he takes it. First blood to Cilic.
- - TSONGA 5-6 - Cilic races through another service hold to force Tsonga to save the set, or force the tie-break in this opening set.
- - TSONGA 5-5 - Finally an easier service game for Tsonga as he drops just the one point, netting a forehand to 40-0, before holding after a mis-timed forehand from Cilic.
- - TSONGA 4-5 - A cheeky second serve down the centre of the court from Cilic puts Tsonga immediately on the backfoot and it only takes one more shot from the Croat as Tsonga nets a forehand to help Cilic hold. Tsonga will have to save to stay in this set after the change of ends.
- - TSONGA 4-4 - Tsonga is forced to save another break point, that's three has has faced so far in this match, but does so with yet another big serve before going on to hold when Cilic sends a forehand passing shot whistling long of the baseline.
- - TSONGA 3-4 - Cilic finds his first ace of the match to seal another comfortable service hold. This is not going to be a slow match that's for sure, both players are pretty quick between points and are happy to come into net to put an end to a point.
- - TSONGA 3-3 - Tsonga comes through a tougher service hold, being pushed to deuce by Cilic before managing to hold with a forehand winner down the line off a shorter ball.
- - TSONGA 2-3 - Cilic eases through another service hold to sneak out in fronr once more. Serve is highly likely to dominate in this match, with both men possessing a huge first serve.
- - Tsonga and Cilic are already underway on Stadium and have both held two service games apeice to get their clash going.
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||28/09/1988|