|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - MURRAY 6-2 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! A poor game from Murray as he hits a forehand long and a double fault to help Seppi to his first break point of the match. The Scot recovers with a huge serve down the middle of the court to save the break point. And from there, there are no more mistakes from Murray as he serves out the match two points later when Seppi sends a forehand long.
- - MURRAY 6-2 5-4 - BREAK! Murray misses a forehand pass that he would make 95 times out of 100 and it denies him the chance to set up a break point. He quickly levels at deuce though with a bruising rally which ends when Seppi nets a forehand before finally getting his break chance, Seppi putting a backhand into the net. Another forehand into the net from Seppi and Murray has the break. The Scot will serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 6-2 4-4 - This is a completely different player from the first set as Seppi steps up inside the baseline and batters a backhand winner down the line to go 0-30 up on the Murray serve. He lets Murray back in the game with a forehand long and then a forehand into the net. Murray goes on to hold, taking four points in a row, when Seppi again hits long. That was a good escape for the Scot.
- - MURRAY 6-2 3-4 - Murray is not happy about the linesman being in his way when he tries to chase down a Seppi forehand down the line. That happened him yesterday against Dimitrov as well. Murray lets it get to him a little and slaps a frustrated forehand long to help Seppi hold.
- - MURRAY 6-2 3-3 - Murray gets a little lucky when his fairly poor forehand volley is not punished by Seppi. Instead the Italian puts his forehand passing shot attempt into the net and Murray goes on to hold and level up again
- - MURRAY 6-2 2-3 - A great injection of pace on a cross court forehand from Seppi has Murray scrambling. The Scot gets there but he can only put in straight back to Seppi, the Italian earning himself two game points with cross court backhand winner which does beat Murray for pace. Only the one game point is needed though as Seppi indulges in a spot of serve and volley and finds the winner.
- - MURRAY 6-2 2-2 - Another hold to 15 for Murray, as he produces a big first serve followed by an even bigger forehand that Seppi can only send sailing long in reply.
- - MURRAY 6-2 1-2 - A great double-hander down the line from Seppi for the backhand winner. That seals another hold, this time to 15, and the Italian is looking a much more confident player than in the first set. Is it already too late for him to get back into this match though.
- - MURRAY 6-2 1-1 - Murray throws an ace and a double fault into the mix in his opening hold of the second set. That double fault is the only dropped point in the game for Murray though and he holds to 15.
- - MURRAY 6-2 0-1 - A much better service hold from Seppi to open the second set, much better than he managed to open the first.
- - MURRAY 6-2 - SET! Boom! Murray races through yet another comfortable service hold to seal the first set in pretty emphatic fashion. No signs of the trouble Murray suffered yesterday against Dimitrov - he is all over Seppi today.
- - MURRAY 5-2 - BREAK! Murray earns himself a first break point with an easy forehand volley winner after a spectacular forehand approach shot down the line that lands right on the line. Seppi saves it with a forehand winner but Murray is quick to earn himself a second. And this time Seppi can do nothing about it as Murray pummels a series of forehands over the net, eventually finding a winner.
- - MURRAY 4-2 - Murray finds his first ace of the day as he eases through a service game once again. The Italian hasn't really got a read on the Murray serve so far today.
- - MURRAY 3-2 - Seppi peppering the Murray backhand as he works his way through a second service hold in this match. Eventually the Italian does find a way through the Murray defences, however, and he has the hold
- - MURRAY 3-1 - Another very comfortable service hold from Murray, a big first serve sealing the game as Seppi fails to get his reply back in play.
- - MURRAY 2-1 - A confidence-building game for Seppi as he holds to 30 to get off the mark in this opening set. Murray is caught out by the slice on a backhand across court from Seppi, netting his return. He challenges immediately but it's more of a hopeful challenge than anything and sure enough the ball is shown by hawkeye to have caught the back of the line with ease.
- - MURRAY 2-0 - In direct contrast to Seppi's opening game, Murray eases through a hold to love, firing down a heavy first serve on game point that the Italian can only net in return. A very assured start from Murray.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - BREAK! Murray gets off to the perfect start, playing well within himself but hitting with good length. Seppi, meanwhile, did not find a single first serve and the Scot gets the early break when his opponent sends a forehand long.
- - These two have met each other five times before with Murray winning four of those meetings. They have not met since the Rome Masters back in 2010 but you have to go all the way back to 2006 to come across Seppi's victory - that one win for the Italian coming on the grass in Nottingham when Murray was just 19.
- - So, Murray v Seppi it is. It will be the Italian to get the clash underway after serving first...
|Date of Birth||21/02/1984|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|