|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Just as a quick reminder, by the way, second seed Andy Murray will face Italian 16th seed Andreas Seppi in the fourth round. Miami drawsheet
- - MURRAY 7-6(3) 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! A great lenth forehand from Dimitrov earns the Bulgarian a break back point although Murray saves it with an ace, before setting up a second match point when Dimitrov sends a forehand long. And this time Murray does wrap things up, Dimitrov netting a defensive backhand after Murray had got him on the run.
- - MURRAY 7-6(3) 5-3 40-40 - Murray yells at himself after dropping the first point of the game on a forehand error and then Dimitrov yells at himself after dropping the second on a forehand error. The Bulgarian is further frustrated by a forehand return long and then also a forehand long to end a lengthy rally. That hands Murray two match points. Dimitrov saves the first with a smash winner after a huge lob from Murray and then the Brit wastes the second with a double fault...
- - MURRAY 7-6(3) 5-3 - Murray grabs his first point of the game with an off-forehand across court that Dimitrov can only net in return. But that's his only point of the game as Dimitrov holds and forces Murray to serve out the match.
- - MURRAY 7-6(3) 5-2 - Dimitrov sends a forehand return of serve sailing long of the baseline once again to help Murray on his way to another more comfortable hold. The Bulgarian will have to serve to stay in this match after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 7-6(3) 4-2 - Murray pushes Dimitrov all the way to deuce despite breaking a string during the game. But he can't fashion a break point opportunity for himself and Dimitrov holds once again.
- - MURRAY 7-6(3) 4-1 - Murray also races through a comfortable service hold, this time keeping the error count down, to maintain his break advantage in this second set.
- - MURRAY 7-6(3) 3-1 - Dimitrov races through a service hold to get his second set off the mark, and keep the pressure on Murray who has not exactly looked comfortable behind his serve today.
- - MURRAY 7-6(3) 3-0 - It's another battling game for Murray, the Brit squandering a first game point with a forehand long and then also a second when Dimitrov comes up with a cracking forehand down the line that the Brit can only return into the net. But eventually he does secure the hold when Dimitrov puts a stretched forehand drop shot attempt into the net. That consolidates the early break in this set for Murray. Does Dimitrov have anything left?
- - MURRAY 7-6(3) 2-0 - BREAK! Murray is left slashing at the ground in frustration after failing to take advantage of a break point, pushing a backhand wide down the line off a poor drop shot from Dimitrov. A second chance also goes begging when the Brit pushes a return of serve long. But Murray does break at the third attempt when Dimitrov, this time, sends a backhand sailing long.
- - MURRAY 7-6(3) 1-0 - Murray is still not playing his best tennis but finds a way through that game, holding to 15 when Dimitrov fails to find the court with a forehand.
- - MURRAY 7-6(3) - SET! Dimitrov sends a forehand sailing long of the baseline to hand Murray the set at the first attempt. The Bulgarian just didn't quite have the mental fortitude when it mattered in that set and Murray has found a way through from a tough situation.
- - MURRAY 6-6 (6-3) - TIE-BREAK! Great battling play from Murray who was struggling at 2-5 down, but now he has three set points after Dimitrov nets a forehand...
- - MURRAY 6-6 (3-3) - TIE-BREAK! Murray produces an inch-perfect cross court backhand, the ball landing right on the sideline, to level up at 3-3 for the change of ends. Dimitrov seemed to be thinking, or hoping, that ball was going to go out as he almost stopped before playing his backhand response which he almost inevitably sent wide across court as a result.
- - MURRAY 6-6 - It's tie-break time, folks, Murray holding with consecutive aces out wide after Dimitrov had provided another moment of brilliance with a flicked backhand passing shot winner with his feet facing in completely the wrong direction after Murray had gone back behind him with his forehand approach shot.
- - MURRAY 5-6 - Great play from both Murray and Dimitrov but it is the Bulgarian who comes out on top as he picks up a backhand half volley up from his shoelaces and dinks it just over the net for a great drop shot. Murray just about gets there but he feeds his backhand reply wide down the line and Dimitrov holds. Murray will have to serve to stay in this set for a third time.
- - MURRAY 5-5 - A double fault, Murray's third of the match, hands Dimitrov his only point in the game as the world number three enjoys his most comfortable service game in sometime to fully get his match back on track.
- - MURRAY 4-5 - BREAK! Murray is really frustrated with himself when he allows Dimitrov back to 30-30, the Bulgarian having been 0-30 down on his own serve. A second double fault in the game from the 21-year-old hands Murray a break point which the Brit squanders by putting a forehand wide down the line. But Dimitrov puts a forehand into the net to hand Murray another chance. And a third double fault costs the Bulgarian. It's back on serve once again, albeit with Murray trailing by a game still.
- - MURRAY 3-5 - Dimitrov is getting to Murray as the Brit puts a forehand long to hand his opponent another break point. And this time it's a set point. Murray saves it with a series of heavy groundstrokes that eventually undo Dimitrov but he hands the Bulgarian a second chance to snatch the set. This time Murray shows all the best of his defensive skills, flicking up a high defensive lob and going on to find a cross court forehand winner. He then goes on to hold when Dimitrov nets a forehand.
- - MURRAY 2-5 - Dimitrov races through a love service hold to consolidate the break this time, coming up with an unreturnable serve that Murray can only just get a racquet to to seal the game. Murray will have to serve to stay in this set after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 2-4 - BREAK! Murray is currently only landing one in every three first serves which is not good enough against Dimitrov in this sort of form, the Bulgarian earning himself another two break points. The Scot has an off-forehand called out across court, but it is quickly overruled from the chair with the point to be replayed. It does not work out well for the Brit, however, Dimitrov producing a great drop shot and stretched forehand volley winner after Murray had found a great pick-up.
- - MURRAY 2-3 - BREAK! Dimitrov brings up three game points with an ace but quickly slaps down a double fault (confirmed by hawkeye) to allow Murray back into the game. A forehand wide down the line followed by an off-forehand wide across court frm Dimitrov help Murray level at deuce before the Scot earns himself a break back point. It goes begging with a backhand sliced long but he gets a second chance and this time Murray does break back when Dimitrov smashes wide.
- - MURRAY 1-3 - BREAK! The Bulgarian takes the first blood, taking full advantage of a break point (handed to him by a Murray error) and works his way up inside the court to rattle another forehand winner across court and past a scrambling Murray. Murray has started a little tentatively, as he did against Tomic two days ago, and Dimitrov is punishing him for it.
- - MURRAY 1-2 - This is a very confident start from Dimitrov as he holds for a second time without drama despite a whipped forehand passing shot winner across court from Murray for one of his two points of the game.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Murray challenges his own serve after it has been called in, Dimitrov flashing a forehand return winner back past winner. Murray knows there is no chance that was out so he looks to get his own serve overturned. No such luck though as Dimitrov completes a comeback from 0-40 to deuce. He also denies Murray on another game point with a massive forehand winner. But in the end the Scot does hold, cracking down two huge serves in succession.
- - MURRAY 0-1 - A solid opening service hold from Dimitrov, allowing Murray just the one point when he nets a forehand. Other than that, a couple of determined moves up the court from the Bulgarian although his approach shots are such that he is not required to play a volley on either occasion.
- - Murray has won the toss and opted, as he often does, to put his opponent in to serve first. So it will be Dimitrov to get this third round match underway ...
- - It's all go now after that lull in the action! Serena has just wrapped up her comeback win over Cibulkova, recovering from a set and a double break down to win it 6-2 in the third. So Andy Murray and Grigor Dimitrov should be out on court momentarily, although play will obviously not get underway for about 15 minutes after that - what with the coin toss and the warm-up to take care of first!
- - Serena Williams, as is her wont, has just battled back from 1-4 down in the second set to take it and force her match with Dominika Cibulkova to a decisive third set on Stadium. With Murray and Dimitrov having to wait until that match is done before they get on to play, it'll probably be about another 45 minutes now before they get on. So roughly 7.30pm UK time (8.30pm CET). Plenty of time to get yourselves a cup of tea!
- - Murray has won this title before, of course, lifting the Miami Masters trophy back in 2009. And was also runner-up to Novak Djokovic 12 months ago. Dimitrov, on the other hand, is playing in just his third Miami Masters tournament - he lost to Sergiy Stakhovsky in the first round two years ago, having come through qualifying, but reached the fourth round last year beating Tomas Berdych in the process before losing to Janko Tipsarevic in straight sets.
- - The winner between Murray and Dimitrov will play the winner between Seppi and Bellucci in tomorrow's fourth round, by the way.
- - Dimitrov has been in good form of the past couple of weeks, serving for the first set against Djokovic in Indian Wells last week. His mental strength is questionable though, the Bulgarian completely capitulating in that clash against the world number one, slapping down four straight double faults when he was serving for that first set.
- - These two have faced each other twice before with Murray winning both of those clashes - first in Bangkok in 2011 and then again in Brisbane at the beginning of this year. The Scot also won both of those clashes in straight sets.
- - Our next focus will be the Murray match which is coming up shortly on Stadium. They are just waiting for the Serena Williams-Dominika Cibulkova match to finish, with the Slovak currently leading by a set and a break.
|Date of Birth||06/05/1991|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|