|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - HAAS 6-3 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Haas signs off in emphatic style, finding his 12th ace to go 30-0 up before serving out to love with his 13th ace of the day. Next up for Haas will most likely be Novak Djokovic, who takes on Somdev Devvarman later on today. Miami drawsheet
- - HAAS 6-3 5-2 - BREAK! Dolgopolov fails to rein in his disappointment at not breaking in the previous game and he lets his concentration slip. It's a slip that proves costly as Haas breaks to leave him preparing to serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - HAAS 6-3 4-2 - Dolgopolov has the crowd on their feet after chasing back for a lob and flicking a forehand, on the backhand side, down the line with his back to the court. He and the crowd thinks it's gone for a winner and what a spectacular winner it would have been but hawkeye shows the ball landed just out. That was on a first break point and consecutive forehands into the net squander the second and third break points before Haas holds with an ace.
- - HAAS 6-3 3-2 - Dolgopolov eases through a service hold to vaguely keep the pressure on Haas in this set, albeit a break down
- - HAAS 6-3 3-1 - Haas is furious with himself when he allows Dolgopolov boss him around the baseline in a point he had the advantage it. It ends in Haas slicing an off-balance backhand into the net to let the Ukranian level at deuce. But a cross court forehand winner landed right on the sideline followed by an ace quickly make amends for Haas who holds to maintain his break advantage.
- - HAAS 6-3 2-1 - Better from Dolgopolov as he holds to get off the mark in the second set, a very well timed cross court forehand passing shot winner mid-way through the game the highlight
- - HAAS 6-3 2-0 - Haas is convinced he has caught the line with a cross court forehand but the wind has carried it just long (proven by hawkeye when Haas challenges the out call). The German goes straight back to the same mark, however, and this time there is no mistake, he hits the line with an ace out wide and that cements the break.
- - HAAS 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! The frustration just keeps building up for Dolgopolov as he hands Haas a break to open the second set, hitting long on consecutive points. That's seven out of the last eight games that the Ukranian has lost now, this is getting away from him fast.
- - HAAS 6-3 - SET! Another very cute backhand drop shot from Tommy Haas, this time from close up to the net, is too good for Dolgopolov (the Ukranian doesn't see it coming) and helps Haas out of a tight start to the game. Give Haas a chance though and he will take it, as he goes on to serve out the set without the loss of another point, a big first serve winning it when Dolgopolov sends his return long.
- - HAAS 5-3 - Haas opens the game with a backhand drop shot winner which Dolgopolov can get nowhere near but the Ukranian responds with a drop shot winner of his own two points, this time a sliced forehand, to go 30-15 up. From the Dolgopolov goes on to hold when Haas nets a forehand. The German will have a chance to serve out this set next though.
- - HAAS 5-2 - Since looking in real trouble at 0-2 0-40 down, Haas has barely looked back as he holds to love with successive aces, numbers five and six, to seal a love service hold that consolidates the break and leaves Dolgopolov serving to stay in this opening set after the change of ends
- - HAAS 4-2 - BREAK! Haas puts in some patient defence before seizing his chance to move into the net with a forehand approach shot down the line. Dolgopopolov is there but cannot quite bring his passing shot under control and instead puts his forehand wide down the line to hand the German a fourth game in succession. Haas goes a break up.
- - HAAS 3-2 -Dolgopolov sends a forehand whistling beyond the baseline before Haas goes on to hold with another ace, his fourth of the match, and sneak out in front for the first time in this match.
- - HAAS 2-2 - BREAK! Much better from Haas as he breaks the Dolgopolov serve to 15, ending the game with a blistering forehand winner that the Ukranian can get nowhere near. It's back all square in the blink of an eye and the balls Haas was sending long in the opening couple of games are now dropping in. The German is finding his range.
- - HAAS 1-2 - The German quickly finds himself another three break points down as Dolgopolov rattles a forehand winner down the line. Back-to-back aces saves the first two for Haas before another couple of big serves, one down the centre of the court and one wide down the line, saves the third and brings up a game point. Dolgopolov denies him on that with a cross court forehand winner while Haas squanders a second with a double fault but finally he holds with a much better second serve.
- - HAAS 0-2 - Dolgopolov fires down his first ace of the match on the way to setting up a couple of game points, Haas ending the game with another forehand long of the baseline. That cements the early break for the Ukranian
- - HAAS 0-1 - BREAK! An overcooked forehand from Haas hands Dolgopolov the early break in very blustery conditions. Grandstand, which they are playing on, is a little more open that Stadium leaving the players much more exposed to the wind. That will be a factor in this match.
|Date of Birth||07/11/1988|
|Date of Birth||03/04/1978|