|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Goffin misses yet another forehand approach shot to squander a first break point and he also nets a forehand after a length, 20-plus shot rally to waste a second. An unreturnable serve brings up a first match point for Almagro. And he seals it with an ace! So it is Almagro through to the fourth round to face Richard Gasquet tomorrow. Miami drawsheet
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 5-4 - Goffin uses the smart play against Almagro with a serve out wide and then forehand winner back behind the Spaniard as he holds to 30 to rack up another game. Almagro will serve for the match after the change of ends, however.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 5-3 - Making full use of the new balls, Almagro leaves himself just one game away from the fourth round with a hold to 30; Goffin stepping up to a serve out wide and thumping his attempted backhand return down the line into the net. The Belgian will have to serve to stay in the match after the change of ends.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 4-3 - BREAK! A forehand he really should have made is missed by Goffin to hand Almagro another break point. And sure enough the Spaniard does secure his fourth straight game in a row when the Goffin dumps a forehand into the net.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 3-3 - Almagro gets things fully back on level terms with a hold to 30 when Goffin nets another forehand return.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 2-3 - BREAK! Almagro's concentration has returned as he batters a forehand winner to bring up three break back points. He fails to take advantage of the first, netting a forehand return. But a double fault from Goffin on the second hands the Spaniard the break. Back on serve, albeit with Almagro still trailing by a game.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 1-3 - A blazing forehand winner from Almagro gives him a game as he belatedly gets off the mark in this second set with a hold to 15.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 0-3 - Goffin is definitely picking up more confidence by the second as he races through a hold to 15, Almagro netting a cross court forehand return, to consolidate the early break.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 0-2 - BREAK! Almagro's serve, particularly his first serve, has gone missing at the moment and the Spaniard gives Goffin far too many second serves to have a go at. One such second serve is at break point, the Belgian sending his return back over the net with added interest to snatch the break early in this second set.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 0-1 - Goffin dumps a forehand approach shot into the net as a gift for Almagro early in the second set. But the Belgian recovers and goes on to hold without the loss of another point.
- - ALMAGRO 6-3 - SET! Almagro lets out a yell of "vamos" after he serves out the set to 15 with an ace and a heavy first serve that Goffin can only net in return
- - ALMAGRO 5-3 - Goffin races through a comfortable service hold, finishing with an ace, to force Almagro to serve out the set. But that is exactly what the Spaniard will do next.
- - ALMAGRO 5-2 - Almagro opens with a foot fault, his second of the match, and then later throws in another double fault, also his second of the match, to allow Goffin to apply a bit of pressure at deuce. And the Spaniard goes on to hold, albeit after two more deuces, when Goffin nets a forehand
- - ALMAGRO 4-2 - Goffin comes through another tough service hold to deuce, finding a big first serve when he really needs it as Almagro sends a mis-timed forehand return whistling long
- - ALMAGRO 4-1 - Almagro sends a forehand just long followed by a double fault to squander two game points. But he seals the game on the third, to avoid any drama, when Goffin sends his forehand return of serve sailing long of the baseline.
- - ALMAGRO 3-1 - Better from Goffin although he is still pegged back from what should be an easy service hold at 40-15 to deuce by a couple of Almagro bullets. Still the Belgian recovers with a double-handed backhand winner from the mid-court before holding with a decent first serve that the Spaniard hits long in return
- - ALMAGRO 3-0 - The Spaniard races through a love service hold, sealing the game with an ace (his first of the day), to consolidate the early break. Goffin not really in this match yet, although he is going to struggle with Almagro's weight of shot all day long.
- - ALMAGRO 2-0 - BREAK! Almagro is off to a lightning quick start, breaking in just the second game by always forcing Goffin to hit one more ball and waiting for the error - the last of which is a netted forehand from the Belgian.
- - ALMAGRO 1-0 - Almagro fires off an inside-out cross-court forehand winner to bring up two quick game points. He squanders the first with a foot fault and a regular fault making up a double fault but Goffin goes for too much on a cross court forehand return, sending the ball long and ending the game in the Spaniard's favour.
|Date of Birth||07/12/1990|
|Date of Birth||21/08/1985|