|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - CILIC 6-3 7-6(3) - GAME, SET & MATCH! Cilic takes the advantage once again with another mini-break after doing well to return Isner's huge serve and get the ball in play before claiming the point with a forehand winner! Isner hits the net on the next point and Cilic has three match points! He needs just one as Cilic seals victory in straight sets!
- - CILIC 6-3 6-6 - TIE BREAK! No surprises as Isner booms down an ace to get the tie-break under way. Cilic responds with a superb return of serve before he goes on the attack and takes a 3-1 lead! That mini-break soon disappears though and we're at 3-3 as the players change ends and have a swig of drink.
- - CILIC 6-3 6-6 - Cilic keeps his cool with the pressure on, a forehand winner sending the second set to a tie-break. Out of nine tie-breaks he's played this year, Isner is yet to lose one.
- - CILIC 6-3 5-5 - Cilic fires down his second ace of this set to kick things off and he cruises to another held service game. This one looks like it's going to be settled on a tie-break.
- - CILIC 6-3 4-5 - Isner continues his service resurgence with another commanding game with the ball in his hand. He's 16 of 21 in terms of first service points won in this second set. Cilic now has to serve to stay in this set.
- - CILIC 6-3 4-4 - Cilic aces on a second serve with a nice change-up to go 30-0 up. Isner shows that his game has something other than a big serve with a drop-shot to stay in the game at 15-40 but Cilic goes on to hold.
- - CILIC 6-3 3-4 - Isner looks comfortable with his serve now. He wins this game to love, registering his 12th ace of the match along the way.
- - CILIC 6-3 3-3 - Here's another slight whiff of opportunity for Isner as Cilic drops to 0-30. As in the last game, the Croat shuts the door to draw back onto level terms at 30-30 but he then fires into the net and Isner has a break chance! The American can't take it though as he hits one wide and when he returns into the net on the next point, Cilic has game point, which he duly takes after another unforced error from Isner.
- - CILIC 6-3 2-3 - There's no doubt that Isner is serving much better now. He's 94 per cent on first serves, winning 75 per cent of those, so far this set and another ace seals this game for him. In the first set, Isner could only manage to get 50 per cent of his first serves in - entirely out of character.
- - CILIC 6-3 2-2 - Isner manages to pull level at deuce as Cilic can only find the net at the end of a lengthy rally. But Cilic keeps his cool and wraps up the game two points later. There was a small chink of light there for Isner, but it was soon snuffed out by the Croat.
- - CILIC 6-3 1-2 - Isner booms down another ace on his way to 40-15 but Cilic digs out a great return to stay in the game. But that huge serve works again for Isner and an ace seals the deal for the home hope.
- - CILIC 6-3 1-1 - Cilic, ranked nine here in Miami, eases to another service game. Sixth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga awaits the winner of this one tonight.
- - CILIC 6-3 0-1 - Isner kicks off the second set by losing the first point but he responds by firing down another ace. And then another. And another. And then Cilic cannot find a return on game point! Much better from Isner. That should do his confidence the world of good.
- - CILIC 56-3 - SET! Oh dear, Isner is off range once again as he launches two returns way long and falls 0-40 down. Three set points for Cilic and he takes the first stanza at the first time of asking as he successfully challenges a call at the baseline!
- - CILIC 5-2 - Again Isner looks troubled as Cilic wraps up another service game. The big American fires into the net on game point and there's an air of despondency about him at the moment. He needs to sort himself out in the second set.
- - CILIC 4-2 - BREAK! Hang on, Isner fires wide down the line with a wayward backhand and all of a sudden he's down 0-30 on his serve again... a point later and Cilic has three break points! The Croat shanks one as the first opportunity goes begging but on the next point Isner can only find the net and Cilic breaks again!
- - CILIC 3-2 - Twelve minutes, five games gone. It's pretty express stuff out there as Cilic wastes no time in securing another service game. Those two opening games seem to have been nothing more than a blip.
- - CILIC 2-2 - There we go! Much better from the big-serving American! He's beginning to find his range as he breezes to a love-service game, hammering down two more aces on his way.
- - CILIC 2-1 - Cilic breaks the mould as he holds serve for the first time this match. Better from the Croat. Let's see what Isner can do now.
- - CILIC 1-1 - BREAK! And now on his own serve - clearly his biggest asset - Isner drops to 0-30. Make that 0-40 before Isner finally gets into gear and booms down an ace to save the first break point. But on the second, he fires one long and we're back on serve after a bizarre start to the match!
- - CILIC 0-1 - BREAK! Isner brings up triple break point on a challenge at 30-0 up. Cilic saves the first one, but on the second Cilic commits a cardinal error - a double fault! The American's gifted the opener and that's far from the best start for Cilic.
- - CILIC 0-0 - Here we go then! The music has stopped and we're ready to get going. Cilic to serve first.
- - Expect this one between John Isner and Marin Cilic to go long - of the last five sets these two men have played, four have been decided by a tie-break and the fifth finished 9-7!
|Date of Birth||26/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||28/09/1988|