|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Murray is through to a potentially awkward clash with Stanislas Wawrinka in the third round. Although Murray has the better record against Wawrinka overall, the Scot has lost both of their previous meetings on clay. Monte Carlo drawsheet
- - MURRAY 6-1 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! A very solid match for Murray in the end as he serves out the match to 15, in one hour and 12 minutes, when Roger-Vasselin fails to find the court with a forehand return.
- - MURRAY 6-1 5-4 - Murray was clearyl distracted during that game but credit to Roger-Vasselin as he eases through a service hold, including a smash that he lands right on the line across court to seal it. Murray will serve for the set after the change of ends though
- - MURRAY 6-1 5-3 - Murray gets another warning about taking too much time between points, although that one was very harsh as the Scot was ready to serve and was in fact only waiting for Roger-Vasselin to be ready. Still, the Scot holds to 30 to leave himself potentially just one game away from victory. Murray has a quick word with the umpire but quickly lets it go and returns to the baseline ready for Roger-Vasselin's service game.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-3 - Roger-Vasselin holds once again, this time to 30, with a great first serve that Murray cannot return in play. The Frenchman jogs back to the chair in an upbeat manner although he still remains a break down in this second set.
- - MURRAY 6-1 4-2 - Murray earns himself a time violation warning for taking more than the allocated 25 seconds between points. It is worth it though, from Murray's point of view at least, as he saves a break point immedately afterwards before going on to hold with a backhand up the line which Roger-Vasselin simply cannot return in play
- - MURRAY 6-1 3-2 - A real highlight from Roger-Vasselin as he holds on to his serve for a second time in this second set. The best of the game is a great drop shot-lob combo from the Frenchman, the latter a topspin backhand lob that goes for a winner.
- - MURRAY 6-1 3-1 - Another comfortable service hold goes the way of Murray as he consolidates the break. The Scot has looked firmly in control almost since the word go today, maybe excepting the opening game when Roger-Vasselin held a break point. Even when the Frenchman broke back in the fifth game of the opening set, Murray didn't look in anyway panicked and calmly broke straight back.
- - MURRAY 6-1 2-1 - BREAK! Murray gets a bit of a lucky break as his forehand onto the line barely bounces up, leaving Roger-Vasselin (who was right there) scrambling to get the ball back. He does make contact with the ball but cannot keep his return down and in play and the world number two has the break.
- - MURRAY 6-1 1-1 - Two aces help Murray to a service hold to 30 as he quickly levels up and throws all the pressure back over the net at Roger-Vasselin.
- - MURRAY 6-1 0-1 - Roger-Vasselin doubles his output in this match as he holds for the opening game of the second set without too much trouble.
- - MURRAY 6-1 - SET! A love service hold for Murray, the Frenchman sending a forehand return sailing well long to concede. That was an impressive opening set from Murray, even taking into account that blip in the fifth game when he gave away a break.
- - MURRAY 5-1 - BREAK! Murray is all over the Roger-Vasselin serve today, easily anticipating the direction in which the Frenchman is planning to go. As a result he comfortably restores his double break lead, which more importantly leaves him serving for the opening set after just less than half an hour.
- - MURRAY 4-1 - BREAK! Not the best smash from Murray but his resulting backhand volley lands on the very back of the line to deny Roger-Vasselin on a first break point. The Frenchman then hits long to squander a second. But RV gets a third chance and this time he does get one of the breaks back, threading a backhand passing shot down the line for a winner.
- - MURRAY 4-0 - BREAK! The drop shot, which worked first time around for Roger-Vasselin, is no longer paying dividends for the Frenchman as Murray easily slides into the latest attempt and puts the resulting backhand away across court for a winner and to break for a second time.
- - MURRAY 3-0 - Better from Murray behind his serve second time around as he not only prevents Roger-Vasselin from earning himself a break point but holds to 30 when the Frenchman fails to find the court with a forehand return. The consolidates the early break for Murray, who was winner in Miami just a couple of weeks ago.
- - MURRAY 2-0 - BREAK! Roger-Vasselin looks like he is cruising towards an opening hold to 15 after whipping a Djokovic-esque backhand passing shot winner across court. But Murray pegs him back to deuce before going on to break when R-V nets a backhand. A good start for Murray but not overwhelmingly easy by any means.
- - MURRAY 1-0 - Murray goes to the drop shot early and it doesn't pay off. It does a couple of points later for Roger-Vasselin, however, the Frenchman producing an inch-perfect sliced backhand drop shot to earn himself an early break point. The Scot saves it though with a great first serve before going on to hold with another couple of big serves.
- - The players are just about ready to go and it will be Murray to get things underway by serving first ...
- - The players are just walking out on to court and are about 10 minutes away from getting underway - just the coin toss and warm-up to come.
- - These two have faced each other just the once before, at the Australian Open last year, with Murray triumphing in straight sets - 6-1 6-4 6-4.
- - Next up on Court Central is the final match of the day, between second seed Andy Murray and qualifier Edouard Roger-Vasselin.
|Date of Birth||28/11/1983|
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|