|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DIMITROV 6-2 6-4 – GAME SET AND MATCH! Dimitrov has a habit of liking to do things the hard way so, after spurning that service game, breaks to take the match. He zipped 30-0 up as Mayer looked frustrated with himself, dropped one by going wide but earned two match points with a fearsome forehand that Mayer could only pump long. The finishing point is a masterful rally from both men which the Bulgarian pips as Mayer is caught off balance. Nadal next for him! Tennis - Monte Carlo Masters Men - P1 - Yahoo! Eurosport UK
- - DIMITROV 6-2 5-4 – BREAK! Dimitrov gets to serve for the match but starts with an error, spooning a forehand wide with Mayer stranded; the Bulgarian aces to level. Then a skewed backhand lands wide and Mayer has a sniff at an unlikely comeback – more than a sniff, two break points as Dimitrov fluffs a terrible backhand to net as he approached. Loss of concentration and the self-break is complete as another error gifts Mayer a route back into this match. Awful game under pressure.
- - DIMITROV 6-2 4-2 – After the Bulgarian holds easily, Mayer is struggling to stay in every point now as he goes long twice to go from 30-0 to 30-30. The German does hold though as Dimitrov is forced wide.
- - DIMITROV 6-2 3-1 - BREAK! Having found Mayer more resistant at the start of this set, Dimitrov earns three break points although nets on the run after being shunted wide, 15-40 now but he breaks next point and has a commanding lead in this match.
- - DIMITROV 6-2 – BREAK AND SET DIMITROV! Mayer serving to say in the set but he slips 15-30 before levelling with a backhand volley. But Dimitrov has a break and therefore set point, which he takes as Mayer goes long after the Bulgarian switched from a succession of backhands to a flatter forehand.
- - DIMITROV 5-2 – A break for Dimitrov as he clicks into gear. He defends it easily too, the Bulgarian a talented player yet to fully realise his potential.
- - Over on Court des Princes, Grigor Dimitrov faces Florian Mayer. Neither are seeded so we'll just touch on this match with key breaks and sets.
|Date of Birth||16/05/1991|
|Date of Birth||05/10/1983|