|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - BERDYCH 4-6 2-6 – GAME SET AND MATCH FOGNINI! A dominant service game as he rips through Berdych for the opening points, dropping one as he gets his service wrong for once. And two match points as Berdych – having pegged Fognini back on second serve – flops a double-hander to net! Taken in style as Fognini’s follow-up is pounded off the right baseline. He is through, and faces Cilic or Gasquet! Drawsheet
- - BERDYCH 4-6 2-5 – BREAK! Two more break points for Fognini now, Berdych appearing hugely distracted! And after a baseline rally Berdych appeared to be controlling, a double-handed backhand from the Czech is put into the net and Fognini is two breaks up, serving for the match!
- - BERDYCH 4-6 2-4 – Fognini defends that break as Berdych tries but nets a power forehand. That hold of serve included one majestic shot from the Italian, sweeping it past Berdych with a flick of the wrist.
- - BERDYCH 4-6 2-3 – BREAK FOGNINI! Break point for Fognini with a quite astounding forehand around the net that loops in the air past Berdych to bounce on the left baseline. And he takes it as Berdych fails to deal with the return! Fognini in charge!
- - BERDYCH 4-6 2-2 – A break point for Fognini now as Berdych makes a few errors. Saved with a lovely slide to the net that the Czech exploits with a dropping volley. Deuce and they stick around here for a while, trading blows in what could prove a vital game.
- - BERDYCH 4-6 2-2 – Berdych gets close to a break again but the Italian scraps away to hold as he moves increasingly deeper behind the baseline.
- - BERDYCH 4-6 2-1 – Fantastic backhand return that drops just over the net, and Fognini meets Berdych’s follow-up with a cute volley into space. And the Italian levels to 30 to put this game in the balance. Berdych does hold though.
- - BERDYCH 4-6 1-1 - Break point for Berdych but he fails to take it as Fognini gets the best of the next rally. Deuce, with Berdych saving one game point with a smash off the line. Eventually Fognini holds but Berdych is getting closer.
- - BERDYCH 4-6 1-0 - Fognini drops a fantastic backhand slice just over the net to move 30-0 against Berdych's serve, but he spanks one long from deep for 15-30... Berdych scraps his way to a crucial hold, that could have been curtains for him.
- - BERDYCH 4-6 - SET FOGNINI! The Italian defends his break, starting it in style with a super running forehand that he clips across the net after a Berdych volley. And it's a strong hold for the Italian as he takes the first set. An upset on the cards?
- - BERDYCH 4-5 - BREAK FOGNINI! Danger for Berdych here as Fognini earns two break points - and after a baseline rally, Berdych's move to net does not pay off as he nets! Break to the Italian, who serves for the set!
- - BERDYCH 4-4 - Love hold for Big Berd, tossing in a few aces and taking the game off second serve with a powerful, confident delivery. Fognini responds with a good solid hold of his own.
- - BERDYCH 3-3 - Fognini bursts into a 30-0 lead, he is serving very well today. Berdych pulls one back before levelling with a superb backhand on the run after he read Fognini's delicate drop-shot. Those shots are very catchable on clay. Fognini does hold in the end.
- - BERDYCH 3-2 - A break point for Fognini now as he shows great concentration, first serve is out... the second returned with a backhand and we could have a break here but Berdych finds the right baseline and Fognini cannot respond. Deuce. Berdych twice edges ahead, the first taken back to deuce by a fortunate net-clipper which Fognini acknowledges... Berdych holds as Fognini nets his next return.
- - BERDYCH 2-2 - Fognini holds with relative ease, couple of aces in there for good measure.
- BERDYCH 2-1 - Fognini drops three break points. Lovely drop shot to start - not for the first time in the early exchanges of this match - and he takes the first point against Berdych's serve. And it's 0-30 as the Czech misses his follow-up... And we have three break points as Berdych goes long! First saved by a Berdych drop-shot... and another as Fognini nets a forehand return... And deuce as Fognini cracks first at a rally. Deuce and Berdych holds.
- - BERDYCH 1-1 - BREAK BACK! Fantastic response by Big Berd, who races 40-0 against Fognini's stuttering serve, breaking to 15 as the Italian errs into the net.
- - BERDYCH 0-1 - BREAK! A break for Fognini in the opening game, the Italian seizing at the second opportunity with a blistering crosscourt forehand.
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|
|Date of Birth||24/05/1987|