|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 5-2 – BREAK! Clap clap Monaco, who breaks Djokovic to love as he was staring down the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 5-1 – BREAK! Thunderous return from Djokovic, effortlessly smacking it past a bewildered Monaco, who then fluffs a smash into the net. Nole could finish him off here... Another slack shot gives Nole two break points, which he takes with a stunning shot that deceives Monaco. Djokovic serving for the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 4-1 – The umpire has a chat with Monaco over where that last Djoko effort struck. Monaco thinks it was wide, the umpire insists it was inside – it was clearly wide though. Anyway, Djokovic spurns a lead with a double fault, 30-30 now, but Novak holds with some fine serving.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 3-1 – Monaco stops the rot, having lost six games in a row.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 3-0 – Monaco asks a few questions of Nole on this service game for the Serb, but a poor forehand cross nets for the hold.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 2-0 - BREAK! A similarly easy break for Nole, and poor Monaco seems spent. The world no.1 has raised his game, and raised it again
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 1-0 – Djokovic is on fire now, 40-0 as he serves to start the decider, and while he strikes a forehand long it’s an easy hold. What injury?
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 6-2 – BREAK AND SET DJOKOVIC! Nole wants to finish this set off without going back on serve and he has Monaco on the ropes at deuce... and now advantage Djokovic, his third set point this game, but he nets a forehand for deuce again. Fourth set point Nole now as Monaco drops it long, and a rotten forehand that lands a few yards long sees Djokovic take it into a decider.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 5-2 – Djokovic follows that break with a dominant service hold that leaves Monaco shell-shocked and serving to stay in the second.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 4-2 – BREAK! Djokovic responds to that mini blow with a quite supreme game of fearsome returns, breaking to restore his advantage with a lovely drop shot after a killer return.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 3-2 – BREAK! Monaco shades ahead in this game, and now he has two break points as Djoko flings a poor backhand wide! And taken as Djokovic bows his head in disappointment. With serve again.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 3-1 – Djokovic whips a forehand cross through Monaco to take the first point. Monaco stays composed though and edges ahead, before holding with confidence.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 3-0 – Djokovic is made to work very hard to hold off deuce, having to play some of his better shots to fend him off. But he does so and firmly takes charge of this second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 2-0 – BREAK! Monaco is all over the place suddenly, double faulting to three break points, and he is broken to love. As I sensed, Nole is able to find another gear.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 1-0 – The first game in this second set is on Djokovic’s serve and, as Monaco shows great fight on every point, it’s at deuce. Nole does hold though as Monaco pumps a double-hander to net.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-6 – FIRST SET MONACO! The crowd are getting behind Monaco – serving for the set – as he sticks a fantastic drive beyond Djoko for 15-15. Now two set points as a Djokovic backhand finds the net, can Monaco take them? Not initially, a great Nole two-hander catching him on the back foot, but the Serb’s next double-handed effort flies long! Monaco has the set!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-5 – BREAK! Monaco is clearly angry with himself for letting that lead slip, and he blasts to 30-0 against Nole’s serve before hitting a forehand long. Djokovic now levels at 30, but a break point comes up as the Serb strikes long! An unforced error, can Monaco pounce again? He can as Djoko pumps a Murray-style forehand miles wide!
- - DJOKOVIC 4-4 – BREAK! Monaco with a poor drop shot that Djokovic gobbles up with a volley. Still Monaco leads this service game, but he doubles to level. Game point now as Monaco flicks a delightful half-volley over the net after a wonderful running forehand from Nole. But the Serb steps it up as only he can, blasting some lovely drives away, and the break is eaten back up for 4-4.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-4 – Monaco also makes Nole work hard on serve, taking a few points in the next game but unable to break for a second time.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-4 – Monaco is playing as well as he can and he also holds with relative ease. I can see him taking this set, then Nole miraculously recovering to take it to a third.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-3 – Djokovic is able to hold but he is stepping gingerly on that ankle. Maybe this was too soon.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-3 – Djokovic wants to negate that break immediately so takes a few more risks as he battles hard with the Argentine, but off deuce a manic defensive point sees Monaco survive for advantage. And he scraps his way to hold serve, vital after that break.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-2 – BREAK MONACO! Djokovic with a sluggish drive to net to fall 15-30. And now Nole hits long for 15-40! A touch of the Murray about this... Djoko pulls one back with a fierce serve. And deuce after a fantastic Nole forehand cross-court while on the run. But Monaco has his illustrious opponent on the run here and he breaks first in this match.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-1 – Monaco holds with relatively little fuss. Djokovic definitely playing within himself.
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 – Djokovic moves 40-15 but loses a point from deep as he decided not to over-exert his ankle following a Monaco cross-courter. He’ll play it safe today and will probably still win. Nole holds as Monaco nets following a tasty exchange of baseline shots.
- - Monaco has never beaten Djokovic, 0-6 against the world's best player, but he has improved consistently over time, although he's slipped to 20 in recent months.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||29/03/1984|