|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DIMITROV 1-0 - A love game at the outset of the second set from Dimitrov. A hold to love for the Bulgarian. Excellent start on serve, but Nadal can afford to let the odd game slip by on his opponent's serve.
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH TSONGA 6-4 - A booming serve finishes off the match in Tsonga's favour. A huge win for Tsonga, who reaps the benefits from attacking Wawrinka and looking to get on the front foot. He is throught to the last four. Impressive stuff in final two sets.
- - TSONGA 5-4 - Wawrinka faltering at the key moments as he quickly falls three match points down. Saves one before Tsonga drives a forehand long with his second chance. Wawrinka gets lucky as a volley hits the net and drops over on Tsonga's side. He can't reach it before Wawrinka snares the next point. Wawrinka then thumps a backhand into the net., but he does enough to stagger over the line. Tsonga will serve for the match.
- - TSONGA 5-3 - A couple of blistering forehands leave Wawrinka with no chance and help to cement the break. 26 winners from Tsonga. Wawrinka in a spot of trouble now. Must hold to stay alive in the tournament.
- - BREAK TSONGA 4-3! Tsonga just coming good at the key moments in this match. Has had fewer chances and has spent most of it behind, but is now ahead by the odd game in seven. Looking very good here for this set and match. Has won two out of three breaks points with Wawrinka picking up only two out of 12.
- - 3-3 - A brutal backhand winner is enough for Tsonga to draw level at 3-3. Games on serve. Would be a brave man to predict how this is going to unfold. Tsonga certainly swatting that ball over the net with some venom.
- - WAWRINKA 3-2 - Going for one hour and 46 minutes with the number 13 seed ahead by the odd game in five. Pressure switches back to Tsonga. Wawrinka with only percent of first serves going in during this match.
- - 2-2 - Huge moments in this match as Tsonga is pushed to deuce, but Wawrinka's backhand lets him down at the key moment as he dumps a ball into the net with the Frenchman careering to advantage. A drop shot winner at the net completes the great escape for Tsonga. He is level at 2-2.
- - WAWRINKA 2-1 - A love game for the Swiss player. Some brutal hitting with that backhand across court on the run. This match warming up nicely here with Wawrinka recovering his gait. Just in time at the business end of this first quarter-final.
- - 1-1 - Disappointment from Wawrinka's point of view. Asked a few questions of Tsonga on that service game with his baseline bullets, but could not push himself over the line. Tsonga holds to level at 1-1. Games on serve.
- - WAWRINKA 1-0 - Off we go then for this third set with Wawrinka holding in the opening game of the third set. Both men well up to speed. Vital hold from the Swiss player after capitulating somewhat at key moments in the second set.
- - SET TSONGA! A double fault from Tsonga is almost followed by another double fault from Tsonga. Survives that moment to claw back to deuce before seeing out the set in a positive fashion. On we go then into this final set. This match could go any way.
- - TSONGA 5-3 - The French player wallops a double handed backhand long. Wawrinka keeping Tsonga honest here by forcing him to serve for the first set. Vital that he maintains these tactics of pressing forwards to keep the points shorter.
- - TSONGA 5-2 - A love game slams the door shut on Wawrinka's face. Looking increasingly likely that these two men are heading for another deciding set to sort out the destiny of this match. There has never been a win in straight sets in meetings between these two powerhouses.
- - TSONGA 4-2 - One game back for Wawrinka, but he is facing an uphill battle here. Needs to regain some of the form that carried him to the first set, but is proving elusive. This has been a smart set of tennis from Tsonga.
- - TSONGA 4-1 - This set prove to be a role reversal of the first set as Tsonga goes nearer forcing this match to a third set. Tsonga a lot more aggressive. Is benefting from getting on the front foot, winning short rallies coming forward.
- - BREAK TSONGA 3-1! Tsonga benefits from some aggressive serve-volley play to bring up two break points. Only needs one as Wawrinka balkoons an attempted forehand well out of court. Tsonga's first break of the match. He is suddenly in the box seat in this second set with this break.
- - TSONGA 2-1 - More punters suddenly drifting into the arena in Monte Carlo. They are just in time to see the French hope come up with a confident service game, perhaps his best of the march, to edge ahead. A lovely drop shot is good enough for a narrow advantage. Games on serve in the second set. Over to Wawrinka.
- - 1-1 - Decent enough hold from Wawrinka to restore parity at 1-1. That serve of the Swiss player is holding up well out there. Tsonga must retain concentration on his own serve. Another break now could spell curtains for him here.
- - TSONGA 1-0 - Tsonga really being pressed back by his opponent. Facing another break point in the opening game, but comes up with several booming forehands across court to save the day before a big ace out wide brings up a game point. Wawrinka is long with a forehand. And Tsonga leads 1-0.
- - GAME AND FIRST SET WAWRINKA! A booming ace down the middle is good enough for the Swiis player to see out the set with a love game. Tsonga with 23 unforced errors compared to 14 from Wawrinka, who is looking very relaxed. Work to be done for Tsonga.
- - BREAK WAWRINKA 5-2 - Tsonga cutting a fairly forlorn figure at the moment. Wawrinka outhitting and outthinking the Frenchman on this surface. Another tough game goes to deuce, but Wawrinka does enough to come through for a second break. Two breaks up now, and he will serve for the opening set.
- - WAWRINKA 4-2 - Wawrinka cements the break with another decent service game, and is suddenly two games away from the opening set. The world number 17 enjoyed his solitary win over Tsonga out of three career meetings two years ago at the French Open. He knows what is needed.
- - BREAK WAWRINKA! 3-2 - Determination from the Swiss player Wawrinka as he breaks for the first time. A blistering forehand across court leaves Tsonga toiling to get across court. The level of play that accounted for Andy Murray yesterday.
- - 2-2 - Tsonga bangs a forehand into the net on the run. Wawrinka moves to advantage, but a little drop shot is enough to see the Swiss player move to advantage. Another booming forehand down the line is good enough to see Wawrinka restore parity at 2-2.
- - TSONGA 2-1 - Not exactly a full house in for this one so far. Those in the expensive seats are taking their time to get into the arena. 18 minutes for the first three games. A bit sluggish going, but the French player edges ahead with 11 winners to six from Wawrinka.
- - 1-1 - Another tough game between these two. Plenty of power on the groundstrokes, but this time Wawrinka does enough to get out if from deuce holding serve as Tsonga goes long with an attempted winner. All level. Games on serves.
- - TSONGA 1-0 - Great forehand on the run from Tsonga to prevent Wawrinka from breaking. Both men swatting the ball at each other with some relish as the score reaches deuce. Tsonga tucks away a backhand winner with the volley. Wawrinka has chances, but the Frenchman finally scrambles over the line for a 1-0.
0-0 - Tsonga to serve in the opening game of the match.
09:30 - Players will be out on the court soon for this one. We will be right with it.
09:25 - Hello and welcome to our live coverage of the Monte Carlo Masters quarter-final between sixth seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Andy Murray's conqueror, Stanislas Wawrinka.
|Date of Birth||17/04/1985|
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|