|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH! Fognini with a match point on the Gasquet serve, but he dumps a ball into the net as the score reaches deuce. Fognini then comes up with a winner across court to bring up his second match point. He gets there seconds later with a winner before Gasquet knocks a backhand into the net. A 7-6 6-2 win for Fognini. He is into his first Masters semi-final.
- - FOGNINI 5-2 - Fognini living off this crowd like it is a Davis Cup match as he waltzs through another service game with some ease to leave himself one game short of the last four. Gasquet has never got going today. Simple as that.
- - BREAK FOGNINI 4-2! - Gasquet tried the serve and volley tactics in trying to fend off a third break point, but fails to make it. Would you believe this? What a turnaround. Fognini with all the Italian support in the crowd. And on the verge of winning this match in straight sets it seems.
- - FOGNINI 3-2 - The Italian player has only made one unforced error in this set which is helping him in what seems like his drive to the last four. Gasquet is sleepwalking his way out of the tournament at the moment. Does he have a response?
- - 2-2 - And we are level again at 2-2 in the second set. This match has settled down. Gasquet keeps in touch with some smart hitting on the forehand side.
- - FOGNINI 2-1 - Bit of a swagger about Fognini's gait here as he comes up with another timely hold for a 2-1 lead. Up to Gasquet to see if he can raise his levels here.
- - 1-1 - Gasquet back level at 1-1, but this is a real struggle for the French player who has yet to truly stamp his authority on this match. And seems to be paying a costly price so far.
- - FOGNINI 1-0 - The Italian player continues what seems like his march to the last four as he picks up the first game of the second set on serve. He leads 1-0.
- - FOGNINI 7-6 - Fognini on a run of eight straight points in romping 4-0 clear in the tie-break with a perfect passing shot across court. That becomes nine when Gasquet knocks the ball wide from the back of the court. And 10 with an ace. Spectacular stuff from Fognini as he wraps up the breaker 7-0. 25 winners from the Italian compared to only 17 from Gasquet.
- - 6-6 TIE-BREAK - Looks a bit dull overhead, but some fine play by Fognini to hold himself together in seeing out his latest service game to force the breaker.
- - GASQUET 6-5! - A slight wobble from the crowd favourite, but he does enough to stave off the threat of another Fognini break in the death throes of this first set. Gasquet will attempt to get the break he needs otherwise we are heading for the breaker in the first set.
- - 5-5 - Chance for Gasquet to see out the set, but can't take advantage of a set point on the Fognini serve. Gasquet is long with a raking backhand seconds later from deep. We are level again at 5-5.
- - GASQUET 5-4 - The French player moves up to two aces in establishing a 5-4 lead in this opening set of the match. Looking very relaxed and swatting some fine shots away with the backhands. Fognini must hold serve to prevent Gasquet from trousering this first set.
- - 4-4 - Fognini halts the bleeding by coming up with a timely hold to stay in touch with Gasquet. Fognini yet to win a set in any of their previous two meetings.
- - GASQUET 4-3 - This match slowly beginning to turn in Gasquet's favour. A lovely overhead in that game helps him pick up his third straight game for a 4-3 without hitting his peak form.
- - BREAK GASQUET! 3-3 Gasquet back on serve with the latest break. Looking very comfortable out there even if he is only operating 70 percent. Fognini not offering must on his latest service game.
- - FOGNINI 3-2 - Gasquet finally comes to life to prevent his opponent from moving two breaks clear in this opening set. Surely Gasquet must start to fire here. That flowing flair with the groundstrokes and movement not overly evident so far.
- - FOGNINI 3-1 - Low and behold, a hold. A 3-1 lead now for Fognini against the Frenchman Gasquet. Not exacty antics to warm up the crowd so far. But the unheralded Italian cements his break.
- - BREAK FOGNINI! 2-1 15 points so far. Only one of them has been won by the server. A weird sort of start to a match as Fognini nudges a winner up the line to lead 2-1.
- - BREAK GASQUET 1-1! Not exactly a quickfire start to this match, but Gasquet levels at 1-1 in breaking back. The world number nine hasn't done much right or wrong so far, but restores parity.
- - BREAK FOGNINI 1-0! Both men like to construct their rallies, but it is the Italian man in his yellow shirt who draw first blood by breaking in the opening game of the match. Some fine timing from Fognini. Striking the ball well, and has the break early on.
- - Gasquet to serve in the opening game of this match.
|Date of Birth||24/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|