|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH DJOKOVIC! 6-3 A few grey clouds begin to gather overhead, but Djokovic keeps his focus to avoid the match dragging on as he breaks for a final time in the match. Djokovic remains on course for a final with Rafael Nadal. But first up tomorrow is Fabio Fognini in the last four.
- - BREAK NIEMINEN DJOKOVIC 5-3! Djokovic will have to wait for his moment here after he is broken again. Didn't expect that. One of the breaks back.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - Nieminen manages to hold up Djokovic with another stout service game as he closes to 5-2 behind. But he will need another service game otherwise this match is all over.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-1 - Djokovic suddenly into a 5-1 lead here and closing on the semi-finals with another solid service game.
- - BREAK DJOKOVIC! DJOKOVIC 4-1 - Some stunning shots from Djokovic when he needs them. Not really having to operate at 100 percent out there, but the class is evident when he needs it.
- - BREAK NIEMINEN! DJOKOVIC 3-1 - Not sure if it is going to make a huge difference to the general landscape, but at least the Finnish player won't be whitewashed in this set.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-0! The double break falls in favour of Djoker, who can smell blood out there. Looks only a matter of time before he finishes off this match in his favour. Looking to close in on a match with Fabio Fognini in the last four tomorrow.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0! All going the way of Djokovic here as another service game falls to the world number one. Huge moments for Nieminen, whose movement and court coverage are obviously not as sharp as his opponent's.
- - BREAK DJOKOVIC 1-0! The world number one can suddenly sense his progress as he puts together some form on the Nieminen serve to break in the opening game of the second set.
- - SET DJOKOVIC 6-4! An excellent effort from Nieminen yet he still comes up short as Djoker sees out the set on serve for a 1-0 lead in the match.
- - BREAK DJOKOVIC 5-4! The fists are pumping and Djokovic is well in the mood out there. Exceptional stuff from the world number one in that game showing off all his attributes to break for a second time in the set. He will serve for this opening set after 38 minutes.
- - 4-4 - Nieminen has one win out of four matches with Djokovic back in 2009 so he knows how to get the better of his opponent. But Djokovic is a much better player these days.
- - NIEMINEN 4-3 - Nieminen is certainly fighting the good fight out there. Is moving well, and seems happy enough to go toe to toe with the world number one. Exceptional stuff so far from him.
- - 3-3 - Little or no fuss for Djokovic in restoring parity. One suspects the Serbian player would live to make a move here halfway through this first set. Games back on serves after those two early breaks.
- - NIEMINEN 3-2 - The Finnish player is certainly making life difficult for Djokovic so far as he edges ahead again by the odd game in five. This match certainly warming up nicely.
- - 2-2 - We are all level then as Djokovic comes storming back with a comfortable hold on serve. Nieminen is obviously out of his class range here, but will be interesting to see how long he can make life uncomfortable for the world number one.
- - BREAK DJOKOVIC! NIEMINEN 2-1 - The world number one is quick to restore order in breaking back to love to trail 2-1. Much more like it from Djokovic, who is looking very relaxed out there. No problems with the ankle so far.
- - BREAK NIEMINEN 2-0 - The Finn turns the clay court into a hardcourt on his way to breaking Djoker to love. Attacking the ball with some venom and comes up with the good. Bit of shock to the system for the Serbian star.
- - NIEMINEN 1-0 - Some gorgeous stuff from Djokovic. Quite a brutal first game for Nieminen on serve. Asked a lot of questions and manages to survive four break points before edging through for a 1-0 lead. So much pressure on the unseeded Finn, who is appearing in his first quarter-final on tour since 1996.
- - Nieminen to serve in the opening game of the match.
16:20 - Good afternoon and welcome to live coverage of Novak Djokovic against Jarkko Nieminen in the last eight of the Monte Carlo Masters.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||23/07/1981|