|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Djokovic is safely through to his third Monte Carlo Masters final as Fognini's forehand goes astray. The Serb clenches his fist in triumph as he seals a clash with eight-times defending champion Rafael Nadal tomorow.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 5-1 - BREAK! A fourth double fault from Fognini really doesn't hlp his cause as it hands Djokovic another two break points. But as per the last couple of times, Djokovic only needs the one chance, Fognini putting a forehand into the net to leave Djokovic serving for the match.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 4-1 - Djokovic fails to take advantage of his first (of three) game points when a trip into the net ends in him volleying long of the baseline. But he does seal the win at the second attempt to inch closer towards the final
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 3-1 - Better from the Italian this time around as he holds to get off the mark in this second set. Djokovic just took his foot off the gas in that last game.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 3-0 - Djokovic's third ace of the afternoon seals a love service hold to consolidate the break. Nothing spectacular from Djokovic so far today, he hasn't needed too, he is just too good for Fognini.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 2-0 - BREAK! As if Djokovic needs any added luck, his forehand at 30-0 up catches the top of the tape and bounces just over the net for the perfect drop shot. It brings up three break points, although he only needs the one to sneak ahead early in this second set.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 1-0 - A lengthy rally ends when Fognini goes long down the line and Djokovic clenches his fist in triumph. He's knows how dangerous the Italian can be if he is let back into the match. And he goes on to hold just two points later.
- - DJOKOVIC 6-2 - SET! Fognini took an injury time out before that game to have some treatment and tape applied to his left shin. And Djokovic quickly takes advantage of the disrupted Italian by breaking to seal the set when Fognini sends a forehand sailing long down the centre of the court.
- - DJOKOVIC 5-2 - A forehand goes wide from Fognini to hand Djokovic another comfortable service hold. The Italian has won just four points against the Serb's serve - one a game - and he will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-2 - Fognini looks a little sluggish today, maybe he's just taking a while to get going, maybe he's nursing a bit of an injury. But he holds nonetheless to get a second game on the board. He remains a break down though.
- - DJOKOVIC 4-1 - Another quick and easy service game for Djokovic as he inches ever closer to this first set. The world number one is aiming to reach his third Monte Carlo Masters final. He, obviously, has lost to Nadal on both of those previous occasions.
- - DJOKOVIC 3-1 - Much better from the Italian as he holds to get off the mark. He sauntered out on court before the match looking very confident but, unfortunately for him, Djokovic has far too much for him in every aspect of the game
- - DJOKOVIC 3-0 - Djokovic has said he has been feeling better and better as the week has gone on and that is fairly obvious early today as he eases through a service hold to seal the early break in this opening set. A tough start for Fognini.
- - DJOKOVIC 2-0 - BREAK! Fognini produces an encouraging forehand winner as he looks to open his maiden Masters semi-final in a positive fashion. But he can't quite seal the game and instead Djokovic breaks with a forehand winner
- - DJOKOVIC 1-0 - Nole drops the first point of the match with a backhand error but that is the only issue as he holds without too much trouble, taking the first game without the loss of a further point
- - The players are just about ready to go and it will be Djokovic to kick things off by serving first ...
- - These two have met each other five times before, with Djokovic winning all four of them. But Fognini has been getting closer, taking a set off Nole in both the London Olympics last year and then also in Indian Wells just last month.
- - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage of the second Monte Carlo Masters semi-final between Novak Djokovic and Fabio Fognini
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||24/05/1987|