No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Berdych, by the way, awaits the winner between qualifier Albert Ramos of Spain and Italian Fabio Fognini in the third round. They face each other in just a few minutes on Court des Princes Monte Carlo drawsheet
- - BERDYCH 7-5 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Granollers slices a backhand into the net to hand Berdych a first match point. And the Czech only needs the one chance as he rattles a change-of-direction backhand winner across court to book his place in the third round.
- - BERDYCH 7-5 5-4 - Berdych nails a forehand winner for the first point of the game before going on to hold with another solid forehand, Granollers this time getting to it but netting his return, and the Spaniard will have to serve to stay in the match after the change of ends.
- - BERDYCH 7-5 4-4 - BREAK! A great shot from Berdych as he anticipates correctly the cross court from Granollers and fires the ball down the line for a forehand winner that denies the Spaniard on a game point. Granollers then sends a regulation backhand just long down the centre of the court to hand Berdych the break point. And the Czech does break back, again applying the pressure from the baseline and again getting the error from Granollers. We're on level terms for the first time in this set.
- - BERDYCH 7-5 3-4 - Berdych quickly posts a 40-0 score with an ace down the centre of the T before Granollers bounces back with some solid pressure from the baseline. But the Czech quickly slams the door shut with a huge forehand across court that comfortably beats Granollers for pace and instead goes for a winner
- - BERDYCH 7-5 2-4 - Granollers continues to edge towards this second set as he posts another service hold to maintain his break advantage. Can he finally take a set of Berdych or will his nerve fail him again as it did in the first?
- - BERDYCH 7-5 2-3 - Both players post a hold apeice, the latter going to Berdych as he fires down a big first serve that Granollers can only return long and slightly wide across court.
- - BERDYCH 7-5 1-2 - Berdych gets off the mark as the early stages of this second set continue to follow the path of the first. That was a much more comprehensive service game from the world number six as he looked more assured again from the baseline.
- - BERDYCH 7-5 0-2 - Berdych tries to wrong-foot Granollers by going back behind him and down the line. But the Czech player misses his attempted forehand winner and the Spaniard holds to consolidate his break
- - BERDYCH 7-5 0-1 - BREAK! Credit to Granollers as he bounces right back from the disappointment of dropping that first set to grab an early break in the second. He didn't have to do a huge amount though as Berdych fails to find the court with a routine forehand to throw away his serve
- - BERDYCH 7-5 - SET! Berdych has just worn Granollers down in the last few games. He hasn't done anything special, just played more consistently than in much of the rest of the set and that, combined with Granollers nerves, has been enough to see him seal the set. The Spaniard sends a mis-hit forehand well wide across court to hand Berdych a first set point, before slapping a forehand into the net to concede.
- - BERDYCH 6-5 - This time Berdych only needs one minute and two seconds to race through the hold that finally puts him back out in front, for the first time since the opening game. In double quick time Granollers has gone from serving for the set to serving to stay in it.
- - BERDYCH 5-5 - BREAK! Granollers fails to hold up to the pressure of serving out the set, instead throwing in a series of errors as Berdych breaks straight back this time. Is that Granollers chance to get this opening set gone?
- - BERDYCH 4-5 - BREAK! Ouch! After all that hard work to get back level, Berdych throws in another poor service game and hands Granollers the break back. The Spaniard barely had to do anything in that game but get the ball back in play and suddenly he finds himself preparing to serve for the first set
- - BERDYCH 4-4 - BREAK! Granollers misses with a forehand to gift Berdych a break back point. The fourth seed punishes his opponent according, firing back-to-back forehands - the latter of which does down the line for a winner and, more importantly, gets Berdych back on level terms
- - BERDYCH 3-4 - Berdych slaps a forehand wide down the line to squander a game point and instead allow Granollers to level at deuce. The Spaniard slices a low backhand into the net to hand Berdych another game point, however, and this time the fourth seed does hold, Granollers hitting long
- - BERDYCH 2-4 - Granollers enjoys a foray into the net which ends with a low volley winner across court, after he had pushed Berdych wide down the line with his first volley. It should be pointed out that despite Granollers never having even taken a set off Berdych, both of their previous meetings have in fact been on clay.
- - BERDYCH 2-3 - Better from Berdych this time around as he holds to 30 with a cross court forehand followed by a change-of-direction forehand winner down the line
- - BERDYCH 1-3 - Granollers races through a service hold without any drama, consolidating his early break in this opening set
- - BERDYCH 1-2 - BREAK! Not a good performance from Berdych in his second service game of the morning as he quickly finds himself staring at a break point. Unlike Granollers, however, he can do nothing about it and drives a fairly routine backhand long down the centre of the court to concede his serve
- - BERDYCH 1-1 - Berdych has beaten Granollers in both of their previous two meetings, in straight sets on both occasions, and the Spaniard looks accordingly shaky in his opening game as he is forced to save a break point before Berdych goes just wide down the line with a forehand to help Granollers to hold.
- - BERDYCH 1-0 - The Czech, fourth seed in the absence of Roger Federer and David Ferrer, has little trouble getting off to a fast start as he opens with a comfortable enough hold to 30, sealing the game with a forehand winner down the line
|Date of Birth||17/09/1985|
|Date of Birth||12/04/1986|