No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for Sharapova will be Tsvetana Pironkova, the Bulgarian emerging a winner over Canada's Eugenie Bouchard earlier today.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Sharapova wraps up the match at the first time of asking with a cross court backhand into the open court after pushing Hsieh wide on the opposite wing.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 5-1 - A forehand from Hsieh goes sailing long down the line to hand Sharapova a second break in this second set. The defending champion will serve for the match next.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 4-1 - A tough game for Sharapova to come through but she does eventually hold to 30 to consolidate the break and she has won foot in the second round now.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 3-1 - BREAK! Sharapova makes her move, stepping up her level almost imperceptibly and firing a forehand winner down the line to seal the beak
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 2-1 - Sharapova holds without drama with a backhand winner down the line.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 1-1 - Sharapova's backhand across court catches the top of the net and bounces wide into the tramlines to let Hsieh off the hook and help her hold from deuce.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 1-0 - Having already been kept waiting all day, Sharapova is clearly in no mood to mess around as she races through another hold to open the second set.
- - SHARAPOVA 6-2 - SET! Hsieh can't quite get her forehand over the net, hitting into the top of the tape to hand Sharapova a first set point. And that one is all that she needs as the Chinese Taipei player then slaps down a double fault to end the set. Ouch.
- - SHARAPOVA 5-2 - Sharapova comes through her first really tough service game of the match, recovering from 0-30 down to hold with a serve down the centre of the court that Hsieh can only net in return. There's a yell of "come on" from the Russian to accompany that hold and it will be her opponent who has to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends
- - SHARAPOVA 4-2 - Sharapova just marginally pushes her backhand wide down the line to help Hsieh hold from deuce and double her output in this match.
- - SHARAPOVA 4-1 - A huge ace down the centre of the court from Sharapova helps her on her way to another comfortable service hold, which she seals with a forehand winner down the line. This is a very confident start from the defending champion.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-1 - Hsieh gets her side of the scoreboard ticking over with a much better service game, holding to 15 with a forehand winner down the line.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-0 - Sharapova races through another quick service hold to consolidate the early break. In their only previous meeting, the Russian dropped just five games (6-1 6-4 the final score)
- - SHARAPOVA 2-0 - BREAK! Sharapova has faced Hsieh once before, at Wimbledon last year when she triumphed in two quick sets. And she has made a quick start today as well, holding with ease before breaking with a backhand winner rattled down the line.
- - Defending champion Maria Sharapova's clash against Hseih Su-Wei has been moved to Suzanne Lenglen Court due to the long-running nature of that Berdych-Monfils clash and they are about to get underway now.
|Date of Birth||04/01/1986|
|Date of Birth||19/04/1987|