|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - BARTOLI 7-6(8) 4-6 7-5 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Bartoli wastes a first match point on a doubel fault and then two more by hitting into teh net, once off the forehand wing and then off the backhand. A fourth match point also goes begging when the Frenchwoman hits long but she finally wraps up the win at the fifth attempt when Govortsova goes wide and long with a backhand return of serve. Next up for Bartoli will be Mariana Duque-Marino, a straight sets winner over Kristyna Pliskova earlier.
- - BARTOLI 7-6(8) 4-6 6-5 - BREAK! Bartoli goes ahead with a backhand return of serve winner rattled down the line to leave herself preparing to serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - BARTOLI 7-6(8) 4-6 4-5 - BREAK! Govortsova fails to take advantage of either of her match points, hitting into the net on both of them, and Bartoli breaks back with a backhand return of serve winner off a second serve. Back on serve in this final set albeit with Bartoli serving to stay in the match
- - BARTOLI 7-6(8) 4-6 3-5 - BREAK! Govortsova produces a great backhand passing shot winner down the line to break the Bartoli serve and leave herself serving for the match.
- - BARTOLI 7-6(8) 4-6 1-1 - BREAK! Once again Bartoli is unable to hold on to her serve, Govortsova producing some great tennis to level up - a forehand winner in the end donig the damage to the Frenchwoman.
- - BARTOLI 7-6(8) 4-6 1-0 - BREAK! Bartoli races the court and fires a forehand smash winner across court to break for the opening game of this decisive set.
- - BARTOLI 7-6(8) 4-6 - SET! Govortsova levels her match with Bartoli at one set apeice, stepping up inside the court and rattling a forehand return of serve winner across court to break and snatch the set.
- - BARTOLI 7-6(8) 2-2 - BREAK! Just like the beginning of the match, Bartoli has started slowly, handing Govortsova back the break that she had secured just before the delay. A tame, mid-court ball from the Frenchwoman is duly punished by Govortsova, who puts away a backhand winner.
14:19 - Uh-oh! More and more umbrellas are popping up around the courts now and Philippe Chatrier becomes the latest court to see play suspended due to the rain.
- - BARTOLI 7-6(8) 2-1 - BREAK! Bartoli hits into the net to squander a first break point but quickly makes amends on the second with a backhand winner down the line to go ahead in this second set.
- - BARTOLI 7-6(8) - SET! Bartoli denies Govortsova on a set point with a forehand winner down the line only to squander a set point of her own with a poor double fault. But the Frenchwoman gets a second chance and this time it is Govortsova's turn to slap down the double fault, handing Bartoli the set in the process. Govortsova will be cursing herself for that set - she was twice a break up and then also a mini-break up in the breaker, unable to take advantage of any of them.
- - BARTOLI 5-5 - BREAK! Bartoli continues to battle with her own form in this opening set as she comes through another tough game to snatch the break back with a forehand winner. But that's just moments after handing Govortsova a set point on her own serve with a backhand error. She's still alive in this set though.
- - BARTOLI 3-3 - BREAK! Bartoli squanders an immediate break back point with a forehand drop shot attempt wide down the line but she is gifted a second chance by Govortsova after a forehand long, and this time she does break back, a backhand return of serve doing the damage.
- - BARTOLI 2-3 - BREAK! After all the hard work to get back on level terms in this set, Bartoli has dropped her serve once again. A really poor game from the Frenchwoman, who landed barely any of her first serves and was constantly on the backfoot as a result.
- - BARTOLI 2-2 - BREAK! Bartoli put on a jumper during the change of ends, and it appears to be helping her find her rhythm as she earns herself three break back points. The first goes begging when she sends a backhand wide down the line. But the Frenchwoman does break back at the second attempt with a drop shot winner that Govortsova failed to spot.
- - BARTOLI 0-1 - BREAK! Not a great start from the 13th seeded Frenchwoman as she has handed Govortsova an early break. Bartoli saved the first break point but she's made a sluggish start and nets a forehand to gift the Belarusian the opening game
|Date of Birth||02/10/1984|
|Date of Birth||23/08/1988|