|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - LI 6-3 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Sixth seed Li is safely through, serving out the match without too much trouble, after breaking in the game before. Next up for the 2011 champion will be American Bethanie Mattek-Sands, a 6-4 6-1 winner over Lourdes Dominguez Lino earlier today.
- - LI 6-3 4-4 - BREAK! Medina Garrigues has broken back! Forced to save break points in the previous game, the Spaniard is now right back in this clash as Li sends a forehand long after a nervy game that saw the 2011 champion squander a 40-0 lead before conceding her serve.
- - LI 6-3 3-2 - BREAK! Three games in a row from Li Na as her power ultimately proves to be too much for Medina Garrigues, the Spaniard sending a regulation forehand long down the centre of the court
- - LI 6-3 1-2 - BREAK! Medina completely turned the momentum round in the first couple of games of this second set, breaking to go 2-0 up before Li manages to get the break back with a forehand down the line that the Spaniard can only return into the net. Back on serve, albeit with Li still trailing by a game.
- - LI 6-3 - SET! Sixth seed Li is firmly in control over on Chatrier although the games are actually proving to be closer than the score suggests. Li takes the first set with a forehand winner off the shorter ball after Medina had attempted a drop shot, albeit a poor one.
- - LI 2-0 - BREAK! Over on Philippe Chatrier, sixth seed Li is off to a positive start as well, finding the very back of the baseline with a backhand return, Medina Garrigues only able to put her cramped forehand reply into the top of the net.
|Date of Birth||26/02/1982|
|Date of Birth||31/07/1982|