|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FERRER 6-4 6-3 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! After a topsy turvy third set, Matosevic cannot return Ferrer's serve and the Spaniard clinches the match in straight sets to take his place in the second round.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-3 5-4 - BREAK! Break after break here. This time it's Ferrer's turn to break the Australian, and could it prove crucial this time? Ferrer will serve for the match.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-3 4-4 - BREAK! Ferrer is unable to hang onto his break, though, as Matosevic hits back with a break of his own. The momentum swinging one way then the other in this third set.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-3 4-3 -BREAK! Ferrer produces a superb break of serve and that could be the turning point in this set, and indeed the match.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-3 3-3 - Ferrer holds as we stay on serve on Lenglen.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-3 2-2 - BREAK! Matosevic adds to his hold with a break of the Ferrer serve that no one saw coming. The Australian is back in this set.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-3 2-1 - Matosevic closes the gap with a routine hold, but it's the first game he's won in eight games.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-3 2-0 - Ferrer is made to work for it, but he consolidates his break with a hard-fought hold. He now leads 2-0 in the third set.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! It's a quick break of serve for Ferrer, who is flying at the moment. That's seven games in a row for the Spaniard.
- - FERRER 6-4 6-3 - SET! Matosevic goes long with his forehand and Ferrer is celebrating a two-set lead. It wasn't always looking likely, but that is a huge step to victory for the Spaniard.
- - FERRER 6-4 5-3 - BREAK! Ferrer is reall in the ascendancy now. It's five games in a row and, most importantly, another break of the the Matosevic serve.
- - FERRER 6-4 4-3 - It's business as usual for Ferrer, who holds to keep Matosevic at bay.
- - FERRER 6-4 3-3 - BREAK! Ferrer is back on level terms with a crucial break back. The pendulum would appear to be swinging Ferrer's way again.
- - FERRER 6-4 2-3 - Ferrer struggling out there. He saves a break point but is looking far from settled against his lively opponent. Closes to within a game, with Matosevic about to serve.
- - FERRER 6-4 1-3 - BREAK! Ferrer hits back with a break of his own to close to within two games of Matosevic.
- - FERRER 6-4 0-3 - BREAK! Matosevic follows up his hold with another break of the Ferrer serve! The Australian is really finding his feet now.
- FERRER 6-4 0-1 - BREAK! Matosevic is proving a tricky opponent for Ferrer. The Australian breaks Ferrer in the opening game of the second set.
- - FERRER 6-4 - SET! Ferrer brings up two set points and clinches the set on Matosevic's serve at the first time of asking. Hugely important for Ferrer that he didn't let the first set slip away from him.
- - FERRER 5-4 - Ferrer holds to force Matosevic, who has made an admirable comeback in this opening set, to serve to stay in it.
- - FERRER 4-3 - BREAK! After holding his own serve, Matosevic breaks Ferrer! Didn't see that coming.
- - FERRER 4-1 - Ferrer isn't hanging around. He consolidates his break with a swift hold of serve.
- - FERRER 3-1 - BREAK! Ferrer earns himself two break points and clinches it with a very fortunate net cord. He apologises to Matosevic - but inside he'll be smiling.
- - FERRER 2-1 - Ferrer is taken to deuce but squeezes through another service game to lead 2-1.
- - FERRER 1-1 - Matosevic levels with a very decent hold of his own.
- - FERRER 1-0 - Ferrer strolls to the opening game.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1985|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|