|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Rafael Nadal is through to his seventh consecutive final of the season - none too shabby considering he has only played seven tournaments! But will he face sixth seed Tomas Berdych or 15th seed Stanislas Wawrinka? They play from 6pm tonight UK time (7pm CET) so join us again to see which man will face Rafa in tomorrow's final.
- - NADAL 6-0 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Nadal opens with a forehand winner down the line (almost a carbon copy of the one he missed in the previous game) before then putting a backhand winner down the opposite line (this one as a passing shot). Two points later an ace down the centre of the court brings up two match points. He only needs the one though, a forehand approach shot winner doing the damage across court.
- - NADAL 6-0 5-4 - BREAK! Nadal misses his first chance to earn himself a break point - pushing his forehand just wide down the line on a shot you would back him to make 99 times out of 100. But his length on a forehand approach shot on the next point is perfect and Andujar can only return the ball into the net before gifting Nadal the break with a double fault. Rafa will serve for the match after the change of ends.
- - NADAL 6-0 4-4 - Nadal holds without too much trouble this time around, none of the break points of the last game. He looks far from comfortable at the moment though as this set reaches crunch point.
- - NADAL 6-0 3-4 - Andujar refuses to let the disappointments of that previous game get him down as he races through a comfortable service hold to put the pressure firmly back on Nadal.
- - NADAL 6-0 3-3 - Andujar takes advantages of a poor choice of volley from Nadal and finds himself 15-30 up against his opponent's serve for the first time when he volleys a forehand winner into the open court. That quickly turns into two break points when Andujar finds a spectacular forehand return of serve winner. The first goes begging when he sends an inside-out forehand return wide across court while Nadal saves the second and a third with big serves before holding when Andujar hits wide.
- - NADAL 6-0 2-3 - Nicely done by Andujar as he pushes Nadal deep down the backhand wing and behind the baseline before dinking a half-volley drop shot over the net to hold from 30-30. Credit to the world number 113, he's making this second set much more competitive.
- - NADAL 6-0 2-2 - No toubles for Nadal once again on serve as he holds with ease. It's hard to get too much of an idea as to how the world number five is playing today - he's not really been tested as yet.
- - NADAL 6-0 1-2 - Andujar looks to be enjoying his easiest service game of the match so far as he quickly sets up two game points at 40-15. The first goes begging when he hits long off the forehand but he makes amends on the next point, backing away from the ball and firing an inside-out forehand winner across court.
- - NADAL 6-0 1-1 - Another very clean service game from Nadal as he holds quickly to sling all the pressure back on Andujar, who is serving again already.
- - NADAL 6-0 0-1 - Nadal sends a backhand just marginally long to hand Andujar a first point in the game. He's quick to earn himself two more break points but this time Andujar escapes, saving the first with a forehand drop shot winner after a brilliant (from both players) 19 stroke rally. He also saves the second with a forehand this time across court before going on to hold and finally get on the scoreboard.
- - NADAL 6-0 - SET! A big serve out wide is returned wide down the backhand line from Andujar and Rafa has served ou this bagel set to love. That was a bit of an exhibition from Nadal, let's hope Andujar can find some game in the second set.
- - NADAL 5-0 - BREAK! The crowd are doing their best to bouy Andujar's spirits but Nadal secures a third straight break after a double fault from his compatriot. And Rafa will have the chance to serve out this bagel set after the change of ends.
- - NADAL 4-0 - Nadal holds for the loss of just the one point to cement the double break and this is an important game coming up for Andujar next. He needs to hold to really have much chance of avoiding the dreaded bagel set.
- - NADAL 3-0 - BREAK A nice change up from Andujar as he opts for the serve and volley ploy, finding a forehand volley winner to get off the mark. Nadal has another two break points shortly after but Andujar saves them both, the first with a forehand passing shot winner down the line and the second when Nadal sends a forehand long. But Andujar hands Rafa a third chance and this time he does break, Andujar again going long with a backhand.
- - NADAL 2-0 - Nadal throws in a double fault to allow Andujar to level at 30-30 but he quickly makes amends with a forehand winner across court and an ace to hold and consolidate the early break.
- - NADAL 1-0 - BREAK! Andujar drops the first two points of the match - one with a forehand into the net and the second when Nadal easily gets up to a shorter ball and dinks a sliced inside-out cross court forehand over the net for a drop shot. The wildcard levels at 30-30 but Nadal quickly fashions a break point and does strike early when Andujar nets another forehand.
- - The players are just about ready to go and it will be Andujar to get the clash underway by serving first....
- - These two have met each other just once before, with Nadal unsurprisingly triumphing in straight sets at Roland Garros two years ago. That said, Andujar did push him in the first and third of those sets - the final score was 7-5 6-3 7-6(4)
- - Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage from the first of the Madrid Masters semi-finals, between world number five Rafael Nadal and fellow Spaniard Pablo Andujar.
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|
|Date of Birth||23/01/1986|