|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - HAAS 6-3 7-5 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Haas is through to the third round, where he will face either Denis Istomin and fourth seed David Ferrer, having racked up a second straight break to sneak ahead before serving out the match. Madrid Masters drawsheet
- - We are going to leave that match now and move over to Manolo Santana court, aka Caja Magica, where Rafael Nadal is just about ready to take on Frenchman Benoit Paire
- - HAAS 6-2 5-5 - Haas holds without too much trouble to completely get this clash back on track.
- - HAAS 6-2 4-5 - BREAK! Haas is right back in this set now as he breaks with a forehand winner down the line.
- - HAAS 6-2 3-5 - Haas saves a first break point with an ace down the centre of the court and a second when Robredo sends a forehand long. A third also goes begging for the Spaniard and Haas holds a couple of points later when Robredo again sends a forehand return long. Robredo will serve for the set next, though.
- - HAAS 6-2 2-5 - Haas is furious with Mohamed Lahyani when he doesn't over-rule a call that the German thought was clearly out. Lahyani refuses to come down and check the mark, believing it wouldn't change the outcome of the point, adding to Haas' fury, who tells the Swede "you're better than this". Robredo goes on to hold to leave Haas serving to stay in this second set.
- - HAAS 6-4 2-4 - Better from Haas as he stops the run of games against him with a much more solid hold. The deficit remains just the one break.
- - HAAS 6-4 1-4 - Robredo eases through a service hold to 30 when Haas slaps a foerhand return long of the baseline.
- - HAAS 6-4 1-3 - BREAK! Haas was getting increasingly angry with himself during that previous game at not being able to fashion a break point and it seems he has failed to get rid of that frustration during the change of ends as he couldn't barely get the ball in play as Robredo breaks without too much trouble
- - HAAS 6-4 1-2 - Robredo comes through a tough service hold, eventually sneaking out of the game when Haas sends a wild forehand return of serve sailing long of the baseline.
- - HAAS 6-4 1-1 - A service hold apeice to open the second set as Robredo races up to the net to confortably reach a drop shot from Haas, only to send his backhand passing shot attempt wide down the line.
- - HAAS 6-4 - SET! Robredo saves a first set point with a forehand right on to the line, Haas has the mark checkied but it did catch the line. A break point goes begging for Robredo when Haas catches the back of the line with a forehand winner and eventually the German does go on to seal the set with a great first serve that Robredo simply cannot deal with.
- - HAAS 5-3 - BREAK! The perfect game from the seeded player as he breaks to love, keeping Robredo pinned to the baseline and eventually drawing the errors. Can Haas consolidate his break this time? He will serve for the set next.
- - HAAS 4-3 - Robredo runs around the ball to batter a forehand down the line for a winner that denies Haas on a first game point. But the German quickly holds on the next point with a backhand winner off a shorter ball
- - HAAS 3-3 - Neither man has an ace yet but they are both hitting their marks with alarming regularity with the first serve in particular. Haas is serving at a first serve percentage of 96 while Robredo is only slightly behind on 84 per cent. Robredo holds again to level up.
- - HAAS 3-2 - Haas finds himself in a spot of trouble when Robredo pegs him back to deuce but a couple of big serves from the German and he has the hold once again.
- - HAAS 2-2 - Robredo holds to love to shoot down any hope Haas had of re-establishing his early break advantage. Much, much better from Robredo in that service game
- - HAAS 2-1 - BREAK! A loose forehand from Haas hands Robredo an immediate break back point. Just like the Spaniard in the previous game, Robredo only needs the one invitation to get the break, Haas again producing a wild ground-stroke. A sloppy game from Haas there to let Robredo back into proceedings early on.
- - HAAS 2-0 - BREAK! Haas runs round the ball, thumping a forehand winner down the line to bring up an early break point. And it's one Robredo is unable to save, the German sending a regulation backhand long of the baseline to concede his serve.
- - HAAS 1-0 - Four huge first serves from Haas sees him hold with confidence for the opening game of the match.
- - Haas won on the clay in Munich last week, beating Phillip Kohlschreiber in the final, while Robredo won in Casablanca at the beginning of last month, also on the clay. So both men are on pretty good form just now.
- - Next up for us, however, will be resurgent 13th seed Tommy Haas taking on wildcard Tommy Robredo on Arantxa Sanchez Vicario court.
|Date of Birth||03/04/1978|
|Date of Birth||01/05/1982|