|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - WAWRINKA 3-6 6-4 6-1 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Wawrinka is through to the last eight to face seventh seed Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, wrapping up the final set with a forehand winner after running round the ball. Dimitrov just ran out of steam in that match but he's definitely made a mark this week.
- - WAWRINKA 3-6 6-4 5-1 - BREAK! Wawrinka is on the break of a place in the quarter-finals as he breaks for a second time in the final set, Dimitrov sending a forehand wide down the line. The Swiss player will serve for the match.
- - WAWRINKA 3-6 6-4 - SET! If Dimitrov is to book his place in a first Masters series quarter-finals, he will have to come do it in three sets once again as Wawrinka has broken to take the second set.
- - WAWRINKA 3-6 2-1 - Wawrinka's drop shot attempt catches the top of the tape and just rolls over for the perfect drop shot. Dimitrov goes on to level up at deuce with a backhand down the line that Wawrinka can only return into the net but the Swiss player does hold with another perfect drop shot, this time intended and off the forehand wing.
- - WAWRINKA 3-6 1-1 - Dimitrov gets away with a poor drop shot attempt when he does just enough with a forehand passing shot (a few shots later) that Wawrinka cannot get back in play. And the Bulgarian goes on to hold and get his second set account ticking over.
- - WAWRINKA 3-6 1-0 - Wawrinka gets himself out of trouble at 30-30 with a huge first serve that Dimitrov can only return well wide of even the tramlines let alone the main court. And the Swiss player goes on to hold for the opening game of the second set.
- - WAWRINKA 3-6 - SET! Not as impressive as the other night in terms of the tennis Dimitrov is producing, but just as impressive in terms of results, as the Bulgarian races through a service hold to seal the set with a forehand winner.
- - WAWRINKA 3-5 - BREAK! Wawrinka goes long once again on a break point and Dimitrov now will have the chance to serve out the first set.
- - WAWRINKA 3-4 - Dimitrov gets himself out of a potential spot of bother at 15-30 down with an ace before holding with an unreturnable first serve and a huge first serve out wide that is easily followed up by a forehand winner into the open court. Gutsy, impressive stuff from the Bulgarian.
- - WAWRINKA 3-3 - Wawrinka holds comfortably again to get this set fully back on track and level once again.
- - WAWRINKA 2-3 - BREAK! Wawrinka is quick to earn himself immediate break back points. The first goes begging when the Swiss player sends a wild forehand return sailing long of the baseline and the second also goes begging when Dimitrov produces a great cross court forehand Wawrinka fashions a third chance though with a lunging cross court forehand passing shot winner and this time he does break when a Dimitrov backhand flies long.
- - WAWRINKA 1-3 - BREAK! Dimitrov fasions a couple of early break points with a forehand passing shot winner. He only needs the one though and is quickly on the offensive in this match as the Swiss player sends a forehand long to concede his serve.
- - WAWRINKA 1-2 - Dimitrov eases through another very comfortable service hold to sneak ahead once more. There are no signs of any hangover from that epic match against Djokovic, and the cramp that accompanied it, so far.
- - WAWRINKA 1-1 - The Swiss number two is on a cracking run of form having beaten Ferrer to lift the title in Estoril last week and he holds to love to open his account in this match.
- - WAWRINKA 0-1 - Dimitrov kicks things off with a confident service hold for the loss of just the one point. Great start from the 21-year-old Bulgarian, who will have to work hard tonight to back up his massive win over Djokovic.
- - These two have faced each other just the once before with Wawrinka triumphing in straight sets. That was just over two years ago though at the 2011 Australian Open and Dimitrov has gone a long way since then.
- - Next up will be Grigor Dimitrov, Novak Djokovic's conqueror a couple of nights ago, taking on 15th seed Stanislas Wawrinka for a place in the quarter-finals.
|Date of Birth||16/05/1991|
|Date of Birth||28/03/1985|