|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So Murray is through to face 19th seed Gilles Simon in the third round, which he will play on Thursday.
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 7-6(3) - GAME, SET & MATCH! A cross court forehand goes just wide from Mayer to hand Murray three match points. But he only needs the one as he draws Mayer into the net before sending a backhand passing shot winner down the line.
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 6-6 (5-1) - TIE-BREAK! Murray eases out to a comfortable lead at the change of ends, this time making no mistakes just before the switch as he finds a forehand winner.
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 6-6 - Murray looks to be fairly comfortable at 40-15 up behind serve but is practically in the umpire's chair just moments later as he fails to retrieve a cross court forehand winner from Mayer. Another forehand winner from the German has him level at deuce but Murray goes on to hold and sure enough this set (and possibly the match) will be decided by a breaker
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 5-6 - Mayer is barely recovered from his service motion when a forehand return comes whizzing towards the corner from Murray. The German gets a racquet to it but it's a left-handed forehand (he's right-handed) and the ball goes long to hand Murray a break point. Mayer saves it with a forehand winner this time and then goes on to hold when Murray hits long. The Scot will have to serve to stay in this second set after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 5-5 - This set hasn't had any of the drama of the first set so far but the tension is beginning to build in the crowd now as Murray holds to level up at 5-5. Do we have another tie-break brewing?
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 4-5 - Mayer does brilliantly well to stop the run of games against him with a love service hold that ends with a forehand sailing long from Murray on the full stretch
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 4-4 - Calm and clinical from Murray as he finds ace number four to fully get this set back on level terms. He is potentially just two games away from the third round now.
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 3-4 - BREAK! Murray is right back in this second set now as he breaks with a forehand winner down the line to get things back on track, trailing by the one game but back on serve
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 2-4 - Mayer is not really taking full advantage of Murray's mental absence right now, despite being the break up the German is increasingly allowing Murray to dictate play. The Scot holds once again to remain just the one break down
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 1-4 - Murray again allows Mayer to ease through a service hold in which he does little to challenge the German. Mentally at least, Murray is just going through the motions right now
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 1-3 - Mayer appears to pull up slightly behind a forehand error but he shows no further sign of it in the rest of the game so hopefully it was nothing. Murray holds for the first time in the set but he looks far from in this second set just yet.
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 0-3 - Three very quick games later and Mayer has consolidated the break with a hold to 15 which he sealed with an ace.
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 0-2 - BREAK! In direct contrast to Mayer, Murray looks flat in his opening service game of the second set, quickly handing the German three break points when he nets an admittedly low backhand. It gets even worse though as it is a slack double fault that hands Mayer the break. Ouch.
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) 0-1 - Mayer shows no sign of disappointment in dropping that first set as he races through the opening game of the second with a comfortable hold.
- - That first set for Murray was just 10 minutes shy of the entire Federer-Stepanek match that preceded it!
- - MURRAY 7-6(11) - SET! Murray saves the set point yet again before going on to finally take the opening set with a thumping inside-out cross-court forehand winner. That was tough for both players but it is a long way back for Mayer now.
- - MURRAY 6-6 (10-11) TIE-BREAK! Murray saves the break point yet again, this time with a great backhand volley winner that Mayer can only return along the ground and into the net but the German will have a fifth chance as Murray slaps down a double fault at exactly the wrong time.
- - MURRAY 6-6 (9-10) TIE-BREAK! Murray makes another trip into the net and is comfortably up to Mayer's drop shot but he nets his backhand return. Another service winner from Mayer and the German has a fourth set point (after the third change of ends)
- - MURRAY 6-6 (9-8) TIE-BREAK! Mayer unleashes a forehand down the line only to miss by a fairly wide margin (not a high percentage shot that one) and this time it is Murray who earns himself a set point, the Scot making a trip into the net and finding the volley winner.
- - MURRAY 6-6 (7-8) TIE-BREAK! Murray saves the break point with a smash winner this time, after a poor lob attempt from Mayer, but yet another forehand long from the Scot and Mayer finds himself with a third set point.
- - MURRAY 6-6 (6-7) TIE-BREAK! Mayer fails to take advantage of the set point, instead going for a winner and hitting his forehand long, but he quickly gets a second when Murray also goes long with a forehand...
- - MURRAY 6-6 (5-6) TIE-BREAK! Murray is left even more frustrated immediately after the switch as he nets a backhand down the line and it is Mayer who reaches set point first, the German racing into the net and finding a backhand volley winner across court after pushing Murray wide in the opposite direction.
- - MURRAY 6-6 (4-2) - TIE-BREAK! Murray leads 4-2 at the change of ends after finding a dinked backhand passing shot winner despite having broken a string. It could have been a bigger lead though, the Scot hitting into the net on the final point before the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 6-6 - Mayer holds with a service winner to force the tie-break which is a fair conclusion to this opening set.
- - MURRAY 6-5 - Mayer puts real pressure on the Murray serve for the first time as he pushes the Scot to deuce, but he misses a sitter of a forehand to let Murray off the hook and instead will have to serve to stay in the set for a second time.
- - MURRAY 5-5 - Mayer once again holds firm despite some heavy pressure from Murray as he completes another service hold to level up and keep the frustration building for the Scot.
- - MURRAY 5-4 - Mayer just manages to get a frame to Murray's heavy serve out wide but he can make contact with no more of the racquet and the Scot holds to leave Mayer preparing to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 4-4 - Mayer saves a first break point with an ace down the centre of the court before also saving a second with a big first serve that Murray can only send sailing long off the forehand return. And the German goes on to hold with another big serve. That'll frustrate Murray.
- - MURRAY 4-3 - Murray toughs out the closest service game he has played so far, holding to 30 with his second ace of the match.
- - MURRAY 3-3 - Not too much to report from that game either as Mayer races through an easy service hold of his own to level up yet again. Just the one tough service game from either player so far, Mayer struggling a little while serving at 1-2.
- - MURRAY 3-2 - Another very quick and easy service hold from Murray as he drops just the one point on his way to sneaking out in front once again
- - MURRAY 2-2 - Mayer tries to mix it up a bit with a drop shot but Murray is not fooled at all by the German's takeback and easily gets up to the ball on his way to earning himself an early break point. But a mis-hit forehand return into the net squanders the chance and Mayer quickly holds to level up once again
- - MURRAY 2-1 - Another faultless love hold from Murray as he continues to look impressive early on behind his first serve.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Mayer also posts a comfortable hold to open his account, Murray's only point of the game, a cross court forehand passing shot winner into the open court after a net cord from the German
- - MURRAY 1-0 - A great opening game from Murray as he agressively races through a love service hold, sealing it with a forehand winner.
- - The players have completed their warm-up and are just about ready to go. It will be Murray to get the clash underway by serving first ...
- - Murray and Mayer have faced each other one before, on the clay in Rome two years ago, when Murray won in three sets. A bizarre 1-6 6-1 6-1 scoreline for that match. They were also supposed to face each other last year, in the Shanghai Masters, but that match was a walkover in Murray's favour when Mayer withdrew from the tournament.
- - Next up will be Andy Murray, taking on Germany's Florian Mayer. They should be out on court in about 10 minutes or so.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||05/10/1983|